Suns updates and discussion for the 2021-22 season

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shaq, we aren't scared of anyone either. Go ahead and put "Suns" on your backside.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Shaq, we aren't scared of anyone either. Go ahead and put "Suns" on your backside.

He's right, we don't have a Steph Curry or a Giannis that puts the fear of god into them. But I do believe the Suns are are better more well-rounded team than any in the league.

Giannis pretty much single-handedly beat us last year, but that won't happen this year.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Shaq seems to forget that his Lakers, with scary shaq and scary Kobe lost in the finals to a pistons team that likewise had no one to be afraid of.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shaq seems to forget that his Lakers, with scary shaq and scary Kobe lost in the finals to a pistons team that likewise had no one to be afraid of.

And when the Warriors won their first title they were not perceived as a team drenched in terrifying stars. It was Curry, averaging 23 points per game, leading a bunch of guys viewed as high level role players.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns are 22-3 in “clutch games”

Are you guys a little worried we never seem to win Easy

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

That stat seems to imply we also have 22 games that we have cruised to victory. I'll take that ratio.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

No because they keep winning these. They are nothing if not the most clutch team in the league. These type of games favor us.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That stat seems to imply we also have 22 games that we have cruised to victory. I'll take that ratio.

Yes because it points directly at the weak guard play on the bench. With Cam Payne out we don't have any sort of guy that comes off the bench and can consistently pressure the defense.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This stat helps demonstrate why the Suns are winning close games this season.

They have a 135.9 offensive efficiency in clutch time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

To me it means they win a lot of games which would normally be losses for most teams.

Winning close games was a trademark of the Suns team last season as well.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Any word on Books knee? How was he during the sixers game?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No because they keep winning these. They are nothing if not the most clutch team in the league. These type of games favor us.

It’s good to get used to closing out tight games but we’re using Paul a lot in games he’s had to come back in to

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some snippets from the interview with James Jones on Arizona Sports today regarding the progress of Landry Shamet and Cam Payne.

BY JAKE ANDERSON Arizona Sports:

“Landry is probably ahead of Cam, so our hope is to get him back before the All-Star break,” Jones told Arizona Sports Burns & Gambo on Wednesday.

“(Payne) is progressing. I’ll let the medical guys determine that,” he added. “He’s in here every single day. Whether he’s back before the All-Star break, I’m not really sure. But he’s in a good spot.

“Every day he feels better and at this point, I just think it’s a matter of time before he can get back into game shape because it’s not just the injury — it’s getting himself into a position where when he comes back to play, he doesn’t just play, he’s capable of playing well.”

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Feeling better guys?
Sounds like Suns are not doing anything by the deadline. I think it's a mistake. We could use a backup to Chris and/or PF. There has to be someone desperate to dump salary or will take someone like Smith and a pick. We have some pieces we could move. I really hope Jones is just trying not to give away his intentions.

He said practically the exact same thing las year right before he traded for Craig.