Suns updates and discussion for the 2021-22 season

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this team really needs a backup PG with Cam out. would be a shame to burn CP3 out staring at our best shot at a title probably ever.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Kellan Olson

@KellanOlson

·
5m

Ish Wainright said it’s every game now when an opposing player is impressed by his strength since he’s new in the league. Rudy Gay gave him a “dang bro” after Wainright drove into him at full speed. Eric Paschall tried to post him up (and failed) and told him “bro you are strong”

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this team really needs a backup PG with Cam out. would be a shame to burn CP3 out staring at our best shot at a title probably ever.

As much as I have wanted a forward, another ball handler may be more important.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns are TWO wins away from having the best record in the West to give Monty Williams the All-Star coaching job.

The cutoff is February 6th.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is not good. Monty says Deandre Ayton has not done any court work yet.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to see Cam Payne running while he rests his wrist.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More about the progress of Suns injured players.

Jae Crowder and JaVale McGee have taken some steps forward but Suns are still cautious.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope Monty gets to coach the West. He's more than deserving and that will help make up for how he's been slighted for a few awards the last couple of seasons.

I knew Monty would help turn things around here but I'm shocked he's done so much so quickly. The best Suns acquisition since Steve Nash in 2004. Quite possibly more than that when it's all said and done.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Have any other Suns teams had 40 wins by the all star break?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The 04-05 Suns were 41-13 at the break. That was Nash's first year back. Kind of a pain to search for, have to check each season to see their record at the All-Star break. Not quite as easy as I was hoping. Maybe someone else can look up other years.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 04-05 Suns were 41-13 at the break. That was Nash's first year back. Kind of a pain to search for, have to check each season to see their record at the All-Star break. Not quite as easy as I was hoping. Maybe someone else can look up other years.
Looking at our record now and our record back in 05 and it makes the Warriors 48 wins at the break even more impressive.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looking at our record now and our record back in 05 and it makes the Warriors 48 wins at the break even more impressive.

This season started earlier by about 2 weeks. The Suns first game was November 3rd in 2004 that season. This season we started October 20th.

When did the Warriors have 48? Was that when they won 73?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This season started earlier by about 2 weeks. The Suns first game was November 3rd in 2004 that season. This season we started October 20th.

When did the Warriors have 48? Was that when they won 73?
Yeah they started something like 48-4 which was when the break came.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah they started something like 48-4 which was when the break came.

That's crazy. Too bad they didn't win the title that year. Of course that was before KD as well. Who knows how things would have played out had they won it.

That run reminded me of the Patriots going 18-0 headed into the Superbowl vs the Giants. Because they lost, they'll be remembered in such a different light than had they actually had the greatest season ever, statistically.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I don't know about the all-star break, but after kicking about a few days ago, I know for sure that no other Suns team reached 37+ wins before their 10th loss. We're now 2 wins beyond that.

If you want to look at comparable teams that may have pushed it then the only ones in the ball park are the 2007, the 2005 and the 1993 teams.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Sounds like Suns are not doing anything by the deadline. I think it's a mistake. We could use a backup to Chris and/or PF. There has to be someone desperate to dump salary or will take someone like Smith and a pick. We have some pieces we could move. I really hope Jones is just trying not to give away his intentions.
I think this is confusing him not being desperate to make a trade with him not even looking at possibilities. I'm sure he will be keeping an eye out for potential good trade targets as the deadline approaches. He just isn't going to be desperate to make something happen.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No on court work at all for DA? This feels like he’s not coming back until post-All Star Break.

Not having Jae and Javale will make that upcoming east coast roadie tough.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No on court work at all for DA? This feels like he’s not coming back until post-All Star Break.

Not having Jae and Javale will make that upcoming east coast roadie tough.

Maybe I'm overly optimistic but I hope we get Crowder and McGee back.

I'm thinking if anyone asks me how many centers should be on the Suns roster I would presently answer 7.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson