Suns updates and discussion for the 2020-21 season

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think its Embiid's to lose. Jokic is having a great year but unless they can somehow get to a top 3 seed, he won't win it. Meanwhile Embiid has been dominant on a top team in the east both offensively and defensively.

he's missed too many games and the Nuggets record, in a tougher conference, is better than Embiid's. I think Joker wins it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stephen A. Smith giving Chris Paul some MVP attention.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think its Embiid's to lose. Jokic is having a great year but unless they can somehow get to a top 3 seed, he won't win it. Meanwhile Embiid has been dominant on a top team in the east both offensively and defensively.

Embiid might win it but it will be a travesty if it happens. Missing 19 games in a shortened season really ought to drop him from the conversation and it's not like his team has the best, second best, third best or even fourth best record. They are 8 and 11 without him which looks good for him on the surface but it's no big deal when you realize that 14 of his 19 absences came against teams that are currently in a playoff or play-in spot.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Embiid might win it but it will be a travesty if it happens. Missing 19 games in a shortened season really ought to drop him from the conversation and it's not like his team has the best, second best, third best or even fourth best record. They are 8 and 11 without him which looks good for him on the surface but it's no big deal when you realize that 14 of his 19 absences came against teams that are currently in a playoff or play-in spot.

It's insane how Jokic has carried Denver not to mention they run their offense through him.

The only player I support over Jokic for MVP is Chris Paul.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

not to mention that Jokic has done this with Murray already having missed 14 games this season and Porter missing 11. Dude’s been a total rock for the fifth best team in the league who also has the same record as Embiid.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Only thing that causes me pause is: why would anyone punch cam Johnson? He’s like howdy doody.

My bet is it was either Paul or Booker. Both have tempers and I can see them going overboard. It may not have been a punch either. It could have been a "pass" to an unexpecting recipient.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cam also could have been in the middle of a separate altercation. Trying to separate two guys and got hit.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While it was a great night, W and finally a breakthrough to the playoffs, it was another frustrating night for Lucy with the football, aka Ayton, who got in early foul trouble and put up 5 points and 11 rebounds.

this is the second time this season he’s gone on a really nice 7-8 game stretch where it finally looks like he’s consistent putting up 18/10.5/1.5 blocks... only to follow that up with the current 7 game stretch of maddening inconsistent play and questionable effort to the tune of 11.5/10.5/.7 blocks.

To win the title... and crazy as it sounds, that IS possible, we can’t afford a 7 game Lucy With The Football stretch in the playoffs. He needs to be that third impact player once the chips are down and we’re playing healthy teams in seven game brawls.

we got away with it tonight against a Clippers team without Kawhi, Beverly and Ibaka, but if all those guys are healthy down the road, we need the 18/10/1.5 guy to beat them.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
While it was a great night, W and finally a breakthrough to the playoffs, it was another frustrating night for Lucy with the football, aka Ayton, who got in early foul trouble and put up 5 points and 11 rebounds.

this is the second time this season he’s gone on a really nice 7-8 game stretch where it finally looks like he’s consistent putting up 18/10.5/1.5 blocks... only to follow that up with the current 7 game stretch of maddening inconsistent play and questionable effort to the tune of 11.5/10.5/.7 blocks.

To win the title... and crazy as it sounds, that IS possible, we can’t afford a 7 game Lucy With The Football stretch in the playoffs. He needs to be that third impact player once the chips are down and we’re playing healthy teams in seven game brawls.

we got away with it tonight against a Clippers team without Kawhi, Beverly and Ibaka, but if all those guys are healthy down the road, we need the 18/10/1.5 guy to beat them.
He’s not mentally strong enough to rely upon for a deep dive into the playoffs imo.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
He’s not mentally strong enough to rely upon for a deep dive into the playoffs imo.
Good thing that's your opinion. He's going to get a chance to prove it, and it's not exactly fair to write him off weeks before he gets that chance.

I hope you're wrong, but you are likely 75% right. What is hard to figure out is WHY he is able to turn it on for 7 games and then have go so horribly bad for a stretch after that. There doesn't seem to be any apparent factors that affect him like this. Something behind the scenes maybe? Tank doesn't get the minutes, but he had a much better game than Ayton did last night. I love Tank, but a) why isn't Ayton upset about that, and b) what do the coaches tell him after a performance like this? Do they say anything?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Am I reading too much into this or is anyone else getting some vibes that someone punched him and broke his nose?
I think about how practices would go and I'm going with he got into a heated battle with Jae Crowder and Crowder smacked him, probably not intentional, maybe he slammed his shoulder into Cam's face or something and thing's got heated.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson