Suns updates and discussion for the 2020-21 season

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is Monty being interviewed about Jalen Smith.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Once again, another game where we had the lead with 2 minutes left in the game and we have trouble closing things out. Weird to say this, but our defense keeps us in these tight situations, its our offensive execution where we fail to put some padding down to make these close games less exhausting. At the same time, i'm not sure what we're trying to execute while running our offense near the end.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once again, another game where we had the lead with 2 minutes left in the game and we have trouble closing things out. Weird to say this, but our defense keeps us in these tight situations, its our offensive execution where we fail to put some padding down to make these close games less exhausting. At the same time, i'm not sure what we're trying to execute while running our offense near the end.

We've had games this season where we really failed to execute late and it cost us but I don't put this one in that same category. We trailed most of that 4th quarter and the lead went back and forth when we did catch them. Losing a very small lead late isn't a failure IMO, it's just basketball.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We've had games this season where we really failed to execute late and it cost us but I don't put this one in that same category. We trailed most of that 4th quarter and the lead went back and forth when we did catch them. Losing a very small lead late isn't a failure IMO, it's just basketball.

they also made some hellaciously tough shots. And got a big break on that mad scramble for the ball that went their way that lead to a shot clock beating three ball.

I’ve banged on this team during that stretch where they were playing with fire with leads against bad teams down the stretch, but the Milwaukee game was just two teams exchanging haymakers down the stretch.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would have been really nice for the Blazers to eek out that W last night against the Clippers. Lost on 2 George FTs with 4.8 seconds left.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would have been really nice for the Blazers to eek out that W last night against the Clippers. Lost on 2 George FTs with 4.8 seconds left.

The game was on TNT and the Trail Blazers had been leading so I thought I better not turn it on just in case there was a jinx factor.

I guess even watching the box score is bad luck. Ugh.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Here is the newest "Kickin' It With LG" on the Phoenix Suns youtube channel (featuring DA and Crowder). Was also surprised by the answer to who has the most made field goals in a quarter in Suns history.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Here is the newest "Kickin' It With LG" on the Phoenix Suns youtube channel (featuring DA and Crowder). Was also surprised by the answer to who has the most made field goals in a quarter in Suns history.

Love this type of stuff. Always nice to see the guys not give canned answers.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

agreed. I think we could be looking at a 2-2 split of the next four alone. Have to hope one of those is the Clippers game and that the Clippers lose to the Nuggets.

the clips are winning right now at a great pace without Kawhi even playing the last three or four.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
agreed. I think we could be looking at a 2-2 split of the next four alone. Have to hope one of those is the Clippers game and that the Clippers lose to the Nuggets.

the clips are winning right now at a great pace without Kawhi even playing the last three or four.
Yup. If I could choose two to win I’d take the clips and Utah.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. If I could choose two to win I’d take the clips and Utah.

I’d worry about stumbling into those games losing three in a row if we lost the next two.

If we could only win 2, I’m hoping a rested team gets after the Nets tomorrow with no KD/Harden, loses the back to back with the Knicks then takes out Clippers.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the plus side we are 2 ahead of the Clips in the loss column. If we can find a way to go 11-2 or maybe even 10-3 (with a win over the Clips) we can probably hold them off.

going 11-2 with our upcoming schedule would be nothing short of a miracle, IMO. That’s asking the team to play better than they have the entire season against a brutal run of road games and playoff teams or teams jockeying for the play-in.

we really need to at least get that Clippers home game to give us the best shot to lock up the 2 seed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
going 11-2 with our upcoming schedule would be pretty incredible, IMO. Just a brutal run of road games and playoff teams or teams jockeying for the play-in.

we really need to at least get that Clippers home game to give us the best shot to lock up the 2 seed.

It would be incredible and I want to believe.

The Suns would need Crowder and Saric to play well even though both reportedly have sprained ankles.

At this point I'm not optimistic about Nader returning to action.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave