Suns updates and discussion for the 2020-21 season

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be incredible and I want to believe.

The Suns would need Crowder and Saric to play well even though both reportedly have sprained ankles.

At this point I'm not optimistic about Nader returning to action.

yeah. I’ve written Nader off at this point. If he comes back, great! But I’m not expecting it.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
going 11-2 with our upcoming schedule would be pretty incredible, IMO. Just a brutal run of road games and playoff teams or teams jockeying for the play-in.

we really need to at least get that Clippers home game to give us the best shot to lock up the 2 seed.

Yeah, I'll be thrilled with 6-5 especially if the Clippers are one of those 6 wins.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
On the plus side we are 2 ahead of the Clips in the loss column. If we can find a way to go 11-2 or maybe even 10-3 (with a win over the Clips) we can probably hold them off.
That would necessitate winning at an 85% or 77% clip. Since our 8-8 start we’ve amazingly managed a 79% winning clip, but that’s asking a lot of the next 13 games:

@nets
@knicks
Clips
Jazz
@thunder
@cavs
@hawks
Knicks
@lakers
@warriors
Blazers
@spurs
@spurs

9 away games. And while we have the best road record, road games are still tough. If we have anything going for us it’s that (a) we are a good road team; and (b) we tend to play to our competition so we beat playoff teams. If anything I’ll bet we beat a lot of the tough teams but lose to say the thunder and cavs. And then we have a let down in San Antonio where we either lose one game to fall to the third spot, or we lose both games that cost us the #1 seed. That would be very sunsy.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
That would necessitate winning at an 85% or 77% clip. Since our 8-8 start we’ve amazingly managed a 79% winning clip, but that’s asking a lot of the next 13 games:

@nets
@knicks
Clips
Jazz
@thunder
@cavs
@hawks
Knicks
@lakers
@warriors
Blazers
@spurs
@spurs

9 away games. And while we have the best road record, road games are still tough. If we have anything going for us it’s that (a) we are a good road team; and (b) we tend to play to our competition so we beat playoff teams. If anything I’ll bet we beat a lot of the tough teams but lose to say the thunder and cavs. And then we have a let down in San Antonio where we either lose one game to fall to the third spot, or we lose both games that cost us the #1 seed. That would be very sunsy.
Not easy by any means, but I won't count out this team in any remaining game, especially if it's not the 2nd of a b2b or 3rd game in 4 nights.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The Knicks are rolling right now. Noel and Randle is has been a dominant front court lately. NY bball is on fire.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns remain at #3 on ESPN's power rankings...

Espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31326199/nba-power-rankings-new-york-knicks-coming

Sunday's loss to the Nets marked the first time in three months that the Suns suffered back-to-back losses. In fact, the only other time they lost consecutive games this season was when they dropped three games from Jan. 22 to 27 -- two of those being overtime games to Denver just a week after postponements due to COVID-19. Phoenix sits two games behind the Jazz for first place in the Western Conference but will have to hold back the Clippers, who are also two games out of first. -- Lopez

This week: @NYK, LAC, UTA, @OKC

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Glad to hear news on Nader but this means he's likely done for the season. Usually 4 weeks is low end of turnaround for that procedure. He could be ready for the playoffs but I wouldn't count on it.

What sucks is if he did that initially then he'd be set to return about now.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear news on Nader but this means he's likely done for the season. Usually 4 weeks is low end of turnaround for that procedure. He could be ready for the playoffs but I wouldn't count on it.

What sucks is if he did that initially then he'd be set to return about now.

Only guessing, but they must have thought there was a chance the knee might heal without surgery.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul last 7

10 AST - 0 TOs
10 AST - 0 TOs
9 AST - 1 TOs
11 AST - 0 TOs
6 AST - 0 TOs
13 AST - 2 TOs
8 AST - 0 TOs

This dude is an MVP. PERIOD.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. And a good surgeon always says you don’t cut unless you have to.

I agree with this although it's too bad Nader will likely not be able to enjoy the playoffs.

He was having a good season with the Suns.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Chris Paul last 7

10 AST - 0 TOs
10 AST - 0 TOs
9 AST - 1 TOs
11 AST - 0 TOs
6 AST - 0 TOs
13 AST - 2 TOs
8 AST - 0 TOs

This dude is an MVP. PERIOD.
Did this include tonight's game? He had 6 assists and 2 turnovers tonight.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did this include tonight's game? He had 6 assists and 2 turnovers tonight.

No those numbers were before. However, looking at the last 10 you realize how utterly ridiculous his numbers are right now.

Last 10 games?

89 Assists and 15 Tos.

Unreal.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Barring Jokic getting injured there’s nothing more CP3 can do to win it.

I think its Embiid's to lose. Jokic is having a great year but unless they can somehow get to a top 3 seed, he won't win it. Meanwhile Embiid has been dominant on a top team in the east both offensively and defensively.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson