Suns trade ideas for the fall of 2020

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I keep hearing that, but that is assuming there isn't a trade or two. I think teams may have to go more trades this year. Just a feeling on the way things are playing out.

Boston will need to do a trade to improve their team and they have three first round picks and a second rounder to do it. Perhaps Boston and Phoenix can do business again come draft day like they did in the 2019 draft.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Boston will need to do a trade to improve their team and they have three first round picks and a second rounder to do it. Perhaps Boston and Phoenix can do business again come draft day like they did in the 2019 draft.
I noticed Boston stockpiles picks like NE Pats do in the NFL. They always seem to have assets to make a deal.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I noticed Boston stockpiles picks like NE Pats do in the NFL. They always seem to have assets to make a deal.

It would be sweet if they would sell one of their later first round picks to the Suns.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I keep reading that it is his choice he will likely move on. I would not be surprised to see him back in Boston.

Exactly what I have read, which is why I am counting only Ayton as a legitimate big for us.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think one of their picks is from the Suns via Milwaukee for Baynes. They need some front court scoring... maybe trade for Myles Turner?

Yes. One of the picks was traded in 2019 by the Suns for Baynes and the Jerome pick.

Trading for Myles Turner would solve a lot of the Suns front court problems. I'm not sure what it would take to get it done.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Yes. One of the picks was traded in 2019 by the Suns for Baynes and the Jerome pick.

Trading for Myles Turner would solve a lot of the Suns front court problems. I'm not sure what it would take to get it done.

Thinking of Boston needing Turner. Ainge is a big-move maker.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thinking of Boston needing Turner. Ainge is a big-move maker.

Turner can play forward-center and he can shoot so he would probably help the Celtics. They could use his size.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My brother sent me this

Warriors get Kelly Oubre, #10 pick

Pistons get #2 pick

Suns get Luke Kennard and #7 Pick(I'd take Devin Vessell or Hayes)

thoughts

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My brother sent me this

Pistons get #2 pick

thoughts

There was previous idea where the Suns swap Oubre and #10 to the Warriors for #2. I didn't like it much because it was more or less a salary dump.

If Luke Kennard were healthy it would have more appeal.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
There was previous idea where the Suns swap Oubre and #10 to the Warriors for #2. I didn't like it much because it was more or less a salary dump.

If Luke Kennard were healthy it would have more appeal.

The only problem is that it would leave us without resources to get the power forward we need.

Plus it makes a roster with below average overall athleticism and makes it even less athletic. A rotation of Rubio, Booker, Bridges, Cam, Kennard, Saric and Ty Jerome, even with Ayton and Vassell, would be run and jumped right off the court. Hayes would make it even worse in terms of athleticism.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only problem is that it would leave us without resources to get the power forward we need.

Plus it makes a roster with below average overall athleticism and makes it even less athletic. A rotation of Rubio, Booker, Bridges, Cam, Kennard, Saric and Ty Jerome, even with Ayton and Vassell, would be run and jumped right off the court. Hayes would make it even worse in terms of athleticism.

It would actually fill needs for the Suns less the loss of Oubre which cannot be minimized.

Kennard is only paid $5,273,826 for the coming season and he would fit the Suns need to add a distributor/shooting guard.

The Suns could add a power forward in the draft, add more help in free agency (someone like Jerami Grant) and add depth. Saric would play backup center or power forward off the bench.

I'd leave Jerome and Kaminsky out of the equation for now.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It would actually fill needs for the Suns less the loss of Oubre which cannot be minimized.

Kennard is only paid $5,273,826 for the coming season and he would fit the Suns need to add a distributor/shooting guard.

The Suns could add a power forward in the draft, add more help in free agency (someone like Jerami Grant) and add depth. Saric would play backup center or power forward off the bench.

I'd leave Jerome and Kaminsky out of the equation for now.

If the Suns take Okongwu or Toppin at 7 and sign Grant, that could work, though I still am concerned that the team's athleticism overall would be below average. Oubre, Ayton, Carter and Payne are the only above-average athletes we have on the roster.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns take Okongwu or Toppin at 7 and sign Grant, that could work, though I still am concerned that the team's athleticism overall would be below average. Oubre, Ayton, Carter and Payne are the only above-average athletes we have on the roster.

I think the Suns would have plenty of athleticism with these additions. Teams don't go more than 7-8 deep in the playoffs. Of course I would expect the Suns to add more athletic depth beyond these players.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

you keep trying to create this perfect roster with no holes that just flat out don’t exist.

Your view of sports just isn’t realistic. You want elite athletes with elite fundamentals at all 5 positions

name me 1 team that has a perfect starting 5? I’ll wait. Lakers? Nope, Rockets? Nope, Nuggets? Nope, Heat? Nope

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My brother sent me this

Pistons get #2 pick

thoughts

I'm not touching Kennard and I don't see much value in the 7th pick vs the 10th.

I'm an Oubre critic but he has value and the locker room loves him. If we trade him it needs to be for something tangible, not a clearly inferior player and a draft pick that isn't much of an upgrade from our current slot.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
you keep trying to create this perfect roster with no holes that just flat out don’t exist.

Your view of sports just isn’t realistic. You want elite athletes with elite fundamentals at all 5 positions

name me 1 team that has a perfect starting 5? I’ll wait. Lakers? Nope, Rockets? Nope, Nuggets? Nope, Heat? Nope

No, I just want not to have the least athletic roster in the NBA. As I stated before, there needs to be a balance struck between athleticism/strength and BBIQ/skill. We can't have a roster dominated by Josh Jacksons, but we also can't have a roster dominated by James Joneses.

And I'm not looking for a "perfect" starting 5, but I don't think it is expecting too much to look for an actual NBA starting power forward, when that is by far our biggest need, and we have resources to address it. Not getting a starting power forward this offseason would be as egregious as not getting a starting point guard in the offseason that ended Ryan McDonough's career...

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No, I just want not to have the least athletic roster in the NBA. As I stated before, there needs to be a balance struck between athleticism/strength and BBIQ/skill. We can't have a roster dominated by Josh Jacksons, but we also can't have a roster dominated by James Joneses.

And I'm not looking for a "perfect" starting 5, but I don't think it is expecting too much to look for an actual NBA starting power forward, when that is by far our biggest need, and we have resources to address it. Not getting a starting power forward this offseason would be as egregious as not getting a starting point guard in the offseason that ended Ryan McDonough's career...

give me realistic options better than Saric

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I know this wasn't directed toward me, and I am not saying all of these options are light years better than Saric...

But I see four interesting PF free agency options:

1. Christian Wood (he would be great, but I bet he stays in Detroit)
2. Davis Bertans (I worry about the defense, but his shooting is remarkable; next-level big man shooter)
3. Jerami Grant (not ideal 4 size, but would add a lot)
4. Danilo Gallinari (might be expensive and not getting any younger, but a really good player)

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

In trade: Aaron Gordon, Lauri Markkanen, Julius Randle, Bobby Portis

In free agency: Serge Ibaka, Paul Millsap, Derrick Favors, Jerami Grant, Montrezl Harrell, Harry Giles

In the Draft (some possibly requiring a trade up): Obi Toppin, Onyeka Okongwu, Jalen Smith, Precious Achiuwa

Saric was a consistent disaster as a starter but a solid contributor as a combo back-up. To return him to starter status would be beyond foolish, in my opinion. He is clearly best suited to coming off the bench.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know this wasn't directed toward me, and I am not saying all of these options are light years better than Saric...

But I see four interesting PF free agency options:

1. Christian Wood (he would be great, but I bet he stays in Detroit)
2. Davis Bertans (I worry about the defense, but his shooting is remarkable; next-level big man shooter)
3. Jerami Grant (not ideal 4 size, but would add a lot)
4. Danilo Gallinari (might be expensive and not getting any younger, but a really good player)

I don’t see 1 guy there that 1sun would be happy with. All those guys are flawed

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I'm not touching Kennard and I don't see much value in the 7th pick vs the 10th.

Yeah, I'm not sure what the Suns alleged obsession with Kennard is all about. It seems like he is likely to have perpetual injury issues and it wasn't exactly like he was a game changer before those.

Maybe he fills a need, but not the most pressing one. And not in any way that dozens of other less injured guys wouldn't.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don’t see 1 guy there that 1sun would be happy with. All those guys are flawed

I would be okay with Grant or Gallinari. Bertans is yet another unathletic one dimensional spot up shooter who can't defend, rebound or put the ball on the floor. Wood is vastly overrated, in my opinion and is a typical empty stat guy.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not sure what the Suns alleged obsession with Kennard is all about. It seems like he is likely to have perpetual injury issues and it wasn't exactly like he was a game changer before those.

Maybe he fills a need, but not the most pressing one. And not in any way that dozens of other less injured guys wouldn't.

Again, James Jones is obsessed with unathletic, one-dimensional spot-up shooters who remind him of himself...

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In trade: Aaron Gordon, Lauri Markkanen, Julius Randle, Bobby Portis

In free agency: Serge Ibaka, Paul Millsap, Derrick Favors, Jerami Grant, Montrezl Harrell, Harry Giles

In the Draft (some possibly requiring a trade up): Obi Toppin, Onyeka Okongwu, Jalen Smith, Precious Achiuwa

Saric was a consistent disaster as a starter but a solid contributor as a combo back-up. To return him to starter status would be beyond foolish, in my opinion. He is clearly best suited to coming off the bench.

seriously.

Gordon and Lauri aren’t coming here. If Orlando was going to trade Gordon they would of done it by now. Why would the bulls trade Lauri?

Julius Randle? The Ghost of Paul Milsap? Derrick Favors?

none of those guys impress me. None of those guys are athletic they actually make us worse in the athletic department

Harry Giles lol

Why would Ibaka come here he’s not a PF he’s a center. Montrez is going to want to get paid.

your just naming names dude when in reality only 2 or 3 are better than Saric

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard