Suns plan to sign Bismack Biyombo to a 10-day contract

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There is no reason to get rid of Frank. He can still be useful occasionally and is much better than any of the 10 day 2way guys we have.

Not to mention do you realize he has basically been the best Sun statistically in the minutes he has played? Yes that is somewhat misleading, but it definetley shows he is a useful guy to keep around.
there are several players to let go before Frank. Ish andChandler are just two.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there are several players to let go before Frank. Ish andChandler are just two.

I'm all for keeping Frank Kaminsky. He not only can play but I think he is important for team chemistry.

Ish Wainright and Chandler Hutchison are in a different category. They are on two-way contracts.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I've seen enough the Suns need to sign this guy for as long as they can. He's fit in like he's been playing here all year.
Maybe HE can help DA or DA could do a lil 4 work. He wanted to play PF

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen enough the Suns need to sign this guy for as long as they can. He's fit in like he's been playing here all year.
Maybe HE can help DA or DA could do a lil 4 work. He wanted to play PF

This has been sort of a taboo subject but I think your point is valid.

The same questions would apply like they do to Stix. Is Ayton mobile enough to play power forward, defend away from the basket and hit the outside shot. Also, do we want him doing that.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What's nice about Biz is that he is a rim protector and a great defensive player and rebounder. Biz is 6-9 with a 7-6 wingspan. He has the kind of wingspan that surprises player and gets him blocks. That is something we need on the front line.

That is useful. Also, he is a physical player. Playing a series against Milwaukee would be much different with Ayton, JaVale, Biz, and Crowder all to throw at Giannis at different times throughout the game.

We wouldn't stop him, but he would be dragging by the end of the game. Playoff basketball has to be physical.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's nice about Biz is that he is a rim protector and a great defensive player and rebounder. Biz is 6-9 with a 7-6 wingspan. He has the kind of wingspan that surprises player and gets him blocks. That is something we need on the front line.

That is useful. Also, he is a physical player. Playing a series against Milwaukee would be much different with Ayton, JaVale, Biz, and Crowder all to throw at Giannis at different times throughout the game.

We wouldn't stop him, but he would be dragging by the end of the game. Playoff basketball has to be physical.

he's also a really high energy guy. great thing to have off the bench.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also give some credit to Cp3 in making some plays for him. Biz is a career 5 and 6 guy. His number the last two games have been off the charts for him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also give some credit to Cp3 in making some plays for him. Biz is a career 5 and 6 guy. His number the last two games have been off the charts for him.

oh yeah... I don't expect that to continue, but Paul is a damn master in making big guys who roll hard look great. DeAndre Jordan looked amazing playing with Paul, then fell off a cliff without him on offense.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
oh yeah... I don't expect that to continue, but Paul is a damn master in making big guys who roll hard look great. DeAndre Jordan looked amazing playing with Paul, then fell off a cliff without him on offense.
Yep. We have other players who are catching on to what CP3 is doing and are doing it too. Book has been generous to the rolling bigs, the whole team is passing really well.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just as back up for what you say here.

Ayton – 22.1 PER | 3.4 BPM | 64.0% TS (737 minutes)
McGee – 24.9 PER | 2.1 BPM | 67.5% TS (555 minutes)

Small sample size.

Smith – 21.8 PER | 0.7 BPM | 60.9% TS (208 minutes)
Kaminsky – 21.9 PER | 4.7 BPM | 63.5% TS (181 minutes)
Biyombo – 33.2 PER | 10.9 BPM | 81.7% TS (47 minutes)

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This has been sort of a taboo subject but I think your point is valid.

The same questions would apply like they do to Stix. Is Ayton mobile enough to play power forward, defend away from the basket and hit the outside shot. Also, do we want him doing that.
He has shown he is mobile enough, he certainly has not shown to be a good enough shooter but, most importantly, having him chase forwards around the perimeter negates his biggest strength, interior defending. I think it would be a big mistake to play Ayton at the 4, it would also reinforce all his worst habits (settling for jumpers, passive play).

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He has shown he is mobile enough, he certainly has not shown to be a good enough shooter but, most importantly, having him chase forwards around the perimeter negates his biggest strength, interior defending. I think it would be a big mistake to play Ayton at the 4, it would also reinforce all his worst habits (settling for jumpers, passive play).

I agree although I might consider doing it with someone that can defend down low like DA but that isn't Smith or Javale - maybe Biyombo though, we'll have to see.

Javale has been a nice plus for this team, the recent play of Jalen has paid dividends and Biyombo looks like a steal for us but this team is simply better with Ayton. I love the added big man depth but I can't wait to see Jae and DA back on the court.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
DA is our center obviously but switching it up every now and again just to F with the other coaches could work.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I mostly agree although I would consider playing Ayton in certain situations at power forward.

When Giannis was attacking the Suns interior in the Finals I would have liked to have the option to put Ayton and McGee or Ayton and Biz out there together to discourage it.

I think the twin tower approach has mostly proved ineffective as a style of play.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Poop. Looks like Biyombo ain’t gonna get a second contract after reading this tweet:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

What impressed me most about Biyombo last night wasn’t a dunk or a block. It was a play late in the fourth where he and CP3 played. Perfect pick and roll, where he got the ball but someone stepped right into the lane. He didn’t fumble the ball or hesitate. He immediately turned and fired the ball to Cam for the dagger 3 that all but ended the game, as if he’d been playing in our system for years. That ability to quickly make decisions, get the ball up immediately is really impressive.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Poop. Looks like Biyombo ain’t gonna get a second contract after reading this tweet:

What impressed me most about Biyombo last night wasn’t a dunk or a block. It was a play late in the fourth where he and CP3 played. Perfect pick and roll, where he got the ball but someone stepped right into the lane. He didn’t fumble the ball or hesitate. He immediately turned and fired the ball to Cam for the dagger 3 that all but ended the game, as if he’d been playing in our system for years. That ability to quickly make decisions, get the ball up immediately is really impressive.

It sounds like you are joking in the first part but if Frank Kaminsky doesn't return or returns later in the season the Suns are going to really need Bismack Biyombo.

Agree, Biyombo's fit has been almost seamless.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds like you are joking in the first part but if Frank Kaminsky doesn't return or returns later in the season the Suns are going to really need Bismack Biyombo.

Agree, Biyombo's fit has been almost seamless.

Yes. It’s a joke based on how wrong Flex almost always is on his predictions.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

While DA has improved a lot with his pick and roll play, it's crazy the amount of dunks McGee and Biyombo can get. Defenders always seem to be able to hedge enough with DA to be able to get a contest or force a lay-up. Some of that may be respect for DA and staying home on him, but there has to be a little bit of floating or hesitation that prevents the true lob party he should be getting with CP3. He just gives the defender that split second to recover enough instead of forcing them to decisively commit to him or the ball.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While DA has improved a lot with his pick and roll play, it's crazy the amount of dunks McGee and Biyombo can get. Defenders always seem to be able to hedge enough with DA to be able to get a contest or force a lay-up. Some of that may be respect for DA and staying home on him, but there has to be a little bit of floating or hesitation that prevents the true lob party he should be getting with CP3. He just gives the defender that split second to recover enough instead of forcing them to decisively commit to him or the ball.
No argument there. It’s my biggest criticism of Ayton.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Signing biyombo for the rest of the season should be an absolute no brained. If it doesn’t happen I don’t know what to think of James jones. He allows Paul to continue to play his game with no let down on the offensive end and he’s both a good defender and rim protector.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Ayton does not seem to trust himself to attack the rim without gathering first, unless it is a lob, he has been very good on lobs, but waist high passes he basically never goes straight up with. It's clear he is worried about losing the ball but his hesitation causes him to lose the ball instead.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Signing biyombo for the rest of the season should be an absolute no brained. If it doesn’t happen I don’t know what to think of James jones. He allows Paul to continue to play his game with no let down on the offensive end and he’s both a good defender and rim protector.

It will also give McGee the freedom to defend without fear of picking up fouls.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Plus he gets it. Seeing him out there it looks like hes been playing with us all year.
IDC if he sits on the bench, a guy like that could only help DA in practice.
All good problems to have.

I really don't mind having too many Bigs, in the history of Basketball I don't think anyone has ever uttered the phrase "we need more short Fers on this team".

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns signing Bismack Biyombo for the rest of the season.

It should have been for much longer.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson