Suns plan to sign Bismack Biyombo to a 10-day contract

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A report of Adrian Wojnarowski indicates the Suns plan to sign Suns plan to sign Bismack Biyombo to a 10-day hardship contract.

It sounds like it could lead to something more.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if the Suns sign Biyombo as anticipated, it's ironic he last played for the Hornets who the Suns play on Sunday.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really like this. He could be a solid backup here. I'm a bit surprised he's available like this but I won't complain.

I can see the Suns waiving Jalen Smith later on if they find someone who they want but don't have a roster spot. He's not on the books next year so his days are numbered already. We'll see what happens.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like this. He could be a solid backup here. I'm a bit surprised he's available like this but I won't complain.

I can see the Suns waiving Jalen Smith later on if they find someone who they want but don't have a roster spot. He's not on the books next year so his days are numbered already. We'll see what happens.

I was surprised Biyombo was available as well with all the G-League players on NBA rosters. I suspect he has been waiting for a guaranteed contract and the Suns have offered him the opportunity of one.

I don't see the Suns waiving Smith. He is too valuable but I can see the Suns trading him if they can better improve the team for the playoffs. I suspect Smith's trade value has gone up even though he is an expiring contract. Some team may want the inside track on keeping him.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I remember thinking why Biyombo wasn't more coveted in the draft but I cant for the life of me remember why?
Let's hope this turns into one of those JJ magic wtf pickups.
He's got the size and skills if it translates to this team he could be the missing link.?.?
Admittedly I don't know much about his game or character but at least he's not another guard.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All these signings make me rather concerned that Ayton, Crowder and McGee are symptomatic and won't be back for a few more games.

Although, while I know I've argued against getting Biyombo in the past when he was paid like a real player, I am surprised a player of his experience is available on a 10 day deal.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns need more depth inside. They need more than Jalen Smith.

It shows you can never have enough big men.

Adding Bismack Biyombo and Justin Jackson is a step in the right direction.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Suns need more depth inside. They need more than Jalen Smith.

It shows you can never have enough big men.

Adding Bismack Biyombo and Justin Jackson is a step in the right direction.
If any one of them make it past the 10 days its a good step.
Stix can still grow into that 4 position we have seen some improvement in his game, he just needs mins. He may still be a year away from starting on an ok team.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If any one of them make it past the 10 days its a good step.
Stix can still grow into that 4 position we have seen some improvement in his game, he just needs mins. He may still be a year away from starting on an ok team.

It sounds like Bismack Biyombo has a chance to make the team.

Unfortunately after this season Stix is likely gone because the Suns didn't pick up his option. It doesn't matter to me if Stix starts but he has shown he can be a rotation player or reliable bench player. He still has huge upside.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns sign Bismack Biyombo to a 10-day contract.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope the Suns can get Justin Jackson. I haven't heard anything more. At least Jackson and Biyombo are veteran NBA players.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s been one game but he looked good tonight. Maybe a keeper for the season.

Stainright can go.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s been one game but he looked good tonight. Maybe a keeper for the season.

Stainright can go.

Suns should considering signing Biz to a multiyear contract with options.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's still young enough to be useful. He is a rim protector at 6-9 with a 7-6 wingspan. Great bench player for a c/pf position. Can't shoot outside at all, but it is amazing how good Chris Paul makes a player like this look.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He was super active tonight on defense I really liked what he was doing out there

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please sign this man to a multi-year deal with options.

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
This is a guy that we need on this team. We don't need another scorer. We need an active, interior defender and BB fits the bill. Love ya but bye, Frank.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is a guy that we need on this team. We don't need another scorer. We need an active, interior defender and BB fits the bill. Love ya but bye, Frank.
I'd let Frank sit on the end of that bench till the day he dies with np at all.
Elfird or Chandler can go

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sign Biyombo but keep Frank (if he's ever going to be healthy again). We've always been light at the 4 and 5 spots, I'd glom onto any big man that's shown signs of life for us.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There is no reason to get rid of Frank. He can still be useful occasionally and is much better than any of the 10 day 2way guys we have.

Not to mention do you realize he has basically been the best Sun statistically in the minutes he has played? Yes that is somewhat misleading, but it definetley shows he is a useful guy to keep around.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave