Suns Off-season Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man… if we could have gotten Bojan and Vanderbilt for Jae and a 1st that would have been a great deal for us.

I would have been tempted to give up two first round picks. Then all the Suns would have to worry about is depth at point guard.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have been tempted to give up two first round picks. Then all the Suns would have to worry about is depth at point guard.
I’ll be honest, considering our stance on first rounders, I might have also. Adding Vanderbilt as starter and being able to run Bojan off the bench with Cam, Cam and Dario/Biz would have been pretty solid up and down the roster.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll be honest, considering our stance on first rounders, I might have also. Adding Vanderbilt as starter and being able to run Bojan off the bench with Cam, Cam and Dario/Biz would have been pretty solid up and down the roster.

It would have been sweet. Vanderbilt could have even played small ball center.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, he didn't say that, but I would imagine it would have to be pretty soon.

I wonder if the Suns and Jazz could revisit a trade this time for Clarkson and Vanderbilt.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder if the Suns and Jazz could revisit a trade this time for Clarkson and Vanderbilt.

The more I look at Clarkson the more I think he isn't very good.

He shot really poorly last year and the only thing he really does is shoot. In the advanced stats his offensive vs defensive rating have been in the negative his entire career, win shares he is waaaaay below the league average.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Didn't I see him doing color commentary for another team somewhere - was it for Dallas, or am I imagining things.
Just googled it, he was part of the Fox Sports Dallas team as some kind of broadcaster. But if it's a job with the Suns I would think it would have to be in arena announcing again.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The more I look at Clarkson the more I think he isn't very good.

He shot really poorly last year and the only thing he really does is shoot. In the advanced stats his offensive vs defensive rating have been in the negative his entire career, win shares he is waaaaay below the league average.

I used to like Clarkson more than I do now. Maybe a change of scenery would do him good.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think so, it sounds like the Jazz just aren't interested in trading Vanderbuilt.

This is probably the case. Still including two first round picks in a trade might get the Jazz thinking about it.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I used to like Clarkson more than I do now. Maybe a change of scenery would do him good.
He just had a bad year last year. The year before he was an absolute flame thrower quite often.

He's just a streaky player that will win you games when he is on, and you have to be smart to limit his minutes when he is off.

That said, I thought Millwaukee had a deal for him all but done, but for some reason it has not gone through.

Anyway, it sounds like the Suns were more interested in Bogdan so I doubt that is the route they will try and go.

Maybe we make a run at Harrison Barnes. I think Duncan Robinson is available for Crowder as well, although I don't think that is really what we need.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He just had a bad year last year. The year before he was an absolute flame thrower quite often.

He's just a streaky player that will win you games when he is on, and you have to be smart to limit his minutes when he is off.

That said, I thought Millwaukee had a deal for him all but done, but for some reason it has not gone through.

Anyway, it sounds like the Suns were more interested in Bogdan so I doubt that is the route they will try and go.

Maybe we make a run at Harrison Barnes. I think Duncan Robinson is available for Crowder as well, although I don't think that is really what we need.

I keep wanting to do business with the Jazz but it appears too difficult.

Harrison Barnes would be a perfect fit.

There would almost have to be a third team involved to trade with Miami.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I keep wanting to do business with the Jazz but it appears too difficult.

Harrison Barnes would be a perfect fit.

There would almost have to be a third team involved to trade with Miami.
Harrison Barnes is the player that I would love to see the Suns get if they are unable to land a “star”.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harrison Barnes is the player that I would love to see the Suns get if they are unable to land a “star”.

It's hard to see the Kings cooperating but I've seen trade scenarios out there.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nicely succinct summation of Ainge's attitude; more accurate and to-the-point than "he wants to swindle you" or "he tries to hit a home run with every deal."
So you think he won the Bogdan deal, because I don't. I guess maybe the cap relief made him think he did, but he certainly lost in player value.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you think he won the Bogdan deal, because I don't. I guess maybe the cap relief made him think he did, but he certainly lost in player value.
The way you value Bojan, yeah, Ainge lost that deal. But I just don't see the value in him that you do so from my perspective he broke even at worst.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ainge saves about $5 million now in the trade, but he will need to flip Kelly Olynyk as he is owed nearly $12 million next season.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Well this certainly confirms Gambo's report I would think

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Well this certainly confirms Gambo's report I would think

My guess is he is traded by the end of the weekend. It is odd that it appears to of gotten so acrimonious.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guess is he is traded by the end of the weekend. It is odd that it appears to of gotten so acrimonious.

There were rumors the Suns were trying to trade Crowder around draft time this past summer, so it's been going on a while.

I wonder if it goes back to the playoffs.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There were rumors the Suns were trying to trade Crowder around draft time this past summer, so it's been going on a while.

I wonder if it goes back to the playoffs.
I think it goes back all the way to the end of the regular season. I remember one game in particular where him and CP3 did not appear to be getting along.

But mostly I think it's just about him wanting to start and get another big contract.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose