Suns Off-season Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will add the Suns preseason schedule here as well.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fi

Fine, then I got my time periods scrambled; I find that understandable because the times of Dragic's departure and Booker's drafting were so close; but it's mostly beside the point. And I didn't say the Suns necessarily wanted to trade Booker. The whisperings that perhaps he should be traded might have been strictly from unhappy and desperate fans. (And all fans were presumably unhappy back then.) I wasn't closely following any whisperings about a Booker trade, since I didn't want to trade him.
If you weren’t following then how do you even know these whispers existed… which they didn’t.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fi

Fine, then I got my time periods scrambled; I find that understandable because the times of Dragic's departure and Booker's drafting were so close; but it's mostly beside the point. And I didn't say the Suns necessarily wanted to trade Booker. The whisperings that perhaps he should be traded might have been strictly from unhappy and desperate fans. (And all fans were presumably unhappy back then.) I wasn't closely following any whisperings about a Booker trade, since I didn't want to trade him.
What do you mean necessarily? Were you saying that or not? That post is clear as mud. The Suns have never considered trading Booker to my knowledge. Not even a whisper unless you are talking strictly about fan fodder but even then, I don't recall a wave of fans calling for that either. IMO, neither of your scenarios happened.

In terms of Booker bashing, I seem to recall you nitpicking the hell out of him at times. Maybe that wasn't you. Either way, I have been critical of Booker's antics at times too. He looked especially stupid bashing Luka then the team ran us off the floor which made him look dumb in retrospect. However, if he is playing great, I don't go out of my way to make sure everybody knows every little bad thing he does. That can be construed as bashing when you go out of your way to do that. If you do, you may get called out for it. No player is perfect. Barkley was one of my all-time favorite players and dude was far and I mean really far from perfect, but I didn't constantly bring that stuff up either when he was playing great.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are where some Suns players rank per ESPN.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton has a more efficient season scoring and defense wise and falls in rankings by 20. Checks out ESPN:moon:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton has a more efficient season scoring and defense wise and falls in rankings by 20. Checks out ESPN:moon:
Ayton is really disrespected in all of these ranks.

As much as I love Mikal, I don't actually think he is better than Deandre yet he is ranked ahead of him

Interesting they have Booker at 10, that is the absolute highest I can justify. I wonder if Kwahi is in their top 10.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton is really disrespected in all of these ranks.

As much as I love Mikal, I don't actually think he is better than Deandre yet he is ranked ahead of him

Interesting they have Booker at 10, that is the absolute highest I can justify. I wonder if Kwahi is in their top 10.
51 seems to be a bit high to me based on his defensive presence alone but I also get it. Even though he improved, he doesn't create his own shot. In addition, even though he disrupts offenses he doesn't get a ton of blocks. League wide everybody knows how inconsistent he is. Having said that? I still think 51 is too high. How much lower he should be on the list is debatable.

I think Bridges is probably more disrespected. If you are considered one of the best defenders and 49??? Seems to me he should have a slightly better rating as well.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
So the top five, in some order, are Antetokounmpo, Doncic, Jokic, Embiid, and Curry? I don't feel like adding up who's been accounted for so far, so do I have that right?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone else have (essentially) four players in the top 50?
On the CBS list the Celtics do. But Robert Williams or Smart should not be in the top 50 in my opinion.

I think the Warriors might as well - if they had Jordan Poole ranked where he should be, because he should be top 50 IMO.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On the CBS list the Celtics do. But Robert Williams or Smart should not be in the top 50 in my opinion.

I think the Warriors might as well - if they had Jordan Poole ranked where he should be, because he should be top 50 IMO.
So looking at the ESPN list the Warriors actually almost have 5 players
Poole 55
Draymond 43
Thompson 37
Wiggens 32 - THIS IS TOTAL BS, he is more like 75-80
Steph 5

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So looking at the ESPN list the Warriors actually almost have 5 players
Poole 55
Draymond 43
Thompson 37
Wiggens 32 - THIS IS TOTAL BS, he is more like 75-80
Steph 5
They just won the championship so I'm not surprised their player rankings are inflated, and other than Steph I'd say they are all a little inflated. No one knows if Klay will come all the way back but if the rankings were based on last season, I'd say Thompson is even more overrated than Wiggins.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
They just won the championship so I'm not surprised their player rankings are inflated, and other than Steph I'd say they are all a little inflated. No one knows if Klay will come all the way back but if the rankings were based on last season, I'd say Thompson is even more overrated than Wiggins.
Agreed. They seemed to win in spite of Thompson.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

This related to the Sarver news? Maybe I'm misremembering but I thought Ceballos had some bad feelings about the Suns when he stopped being the arena MC.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gambo just said reason Suns did not get Bogdanovich is they were demanding Jared Vanderbuilt as well in the deal, but the Jazz weren't willing to give him up.

Gambo also said Jae Crowder will be traded.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gambo just said reason Suns did not get Bogdanovich is they were demanding Jared Vanderbuilt as well in the deal, but the Jazz weren't willing to give him up.

Yeah, I wanted Vanderbilt too. He would have given the Suns the defensive rebounding power forward they needed.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't I see him doing color commentary for another team somewhere - was it for Dallas, or am I imagining things.

I'm not up-to-date on this. Maybe someone else knows.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Gambo also said Jae Crowder will be traded.
I hope they don't trade him just to appease him. We need to get toughness back in return. We simply can't lose Crowder after losing McGee and not replace any of that. I don't see how this team is supposed to get better if it gets softer.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have been more excited about Vanderbilt than Bogdanovic.

Last edited: