Suns @ Magic game thread 3-24-18

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns finish up their two game road trip at the Magic. It's the second game of a back-to back with the Suns having lost to the Cavaliers Friday night. The Suns have lost 10 games in a row. The Magic have lost 7 of their last 9 games.

Here is more from Scott Bordow.

The Suns haven’t made it official that center Tyson Chandler will miss the rest of the season, but Triano said Friday that Chandler is still bothered by minor injuries and “isn’t 100 percent so it doesn’t make sense for him to play.”

Friday’s game was the fifth straight contest Chandler sat out

Suns at Magic

When: 4 p.m.

Where: Amway Center

TV/radio: FSAZ/KTAR 98.7 FM

Update: The Suns have lost 10 straight games and 25 of their last 27 after Friday’s game in Cleveland. Forward T.J. Warren (left knee inflammation) and guard Devin Booker (right hand sprain) are questionable. Tyson Chandler likely won’t play again this season. The Magic, 21-51, are in 14th place in the Eastern Conference and, like the Suns, playing for a high lottery pick. Phoenix point guard Elfrid Payton makes his return to Orlando after Phoenix acquired him for a second-round draft pick earlier this season.

After tonight's game only 8 games left. :wink2:

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
The Suns finish up their two game road trip at the Magic. It's the second game of a back-to back with the Suns having lost to the Cavaliers Friday night. The Suns have lost 10 games in a row. The Magic have lost 7 of their last 9 games.

Here is more from Scott Bordow.

After tonight's game only 8 games left.
:wink2:

This season can't end soon enough.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Very true.

I think a number of posters are getting worn down by the season, me included.
I’m enjoying some glimpses our young guys are showing. Though I wish they were more frequent. It will be nice to not feel like I need to root for losses any more though.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Very true.

I think a number of posters are getting worn down by the season, me included.

Especially at this point when tanking isn't even a question. They need to put themselves in position to get the best draft pick possible and losing out is the best way to accomplish that. That would be a 19 game losing streak, which is depressing to think of. I know I don't enjoy rooting for losses and I'm sure others feel the same way but that's all that's left to this season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Especially at this point when tanking isn't even a question. They need to put themselves in position to get the best draft pick possible and losing out is the best way to accomplish that. That would be a 19 game losing streak, which is depressing to think of. I know I don't enjoy rooting for losses and I'm sure others feel the same way but that's all that's left to this season.

It's true, not much left to see.

I enjoy watching young players so I was sort of hoping the Suns would bring in someone new to watch.

Wait. Actually they will bring back Alan Williams. This should hold me for the rest of the season. :cool:

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's true, not much left to see.

I enjoy watching young players so I was sort of hoping the Suns would bring in someone new to watch.

Wait. Actually they will bring back Alan Williams. This should hold me for the rest of the season. :cool:

A bad burrito is a bad burrito, no matter how much Sauce you put on it.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
This could be one of the ugliest games ever. Still don't think Orlando can out-tank a Booker-less Sun's team. I wouldnt doubt if Vucevic comes down with a last minute pulled calf or strained neck to keep him out. Hopefully Payton doesn't go nuts on his old team.

Only a few more games until we can close the book on this season. Should be a fun off season though.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This could be one of the ugliest games ever. Still don't think Orlando can out-tank a Booker-less Sun's team. I wouldnt doubt if Vucevic comes down with a last minute pulled calf or strained neck to keep him out. Hopefully Payton doesn't go nuts on his old team.

Only a few more games until we can close the book on this season. Should be a fun off season though.

I'm hoping the off season makes it all worthwhile.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Although It's better to root losses than to not care at all. At least we have an interest in the outcome. If we had another five wins our "passion" would be a tad different right now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gordon opens the scoring for the Magic.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Timeout:

Suns trail 10-2

Jackson has the Suns only points.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know one of the things I like most about about Jackson? I think he's the only one on the roster that doesn't routinely throw casual passes. He may throw it away now and then but he's never lazy with the ball. He zips the ball to its destination. I sure wish that would wear off on all the other guys on this roster.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would have been nice to see Chriss put good back-to-back games together. It's not happening in the 1st quarter.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
End of 1st quarter:

Magic 26 - Suns 23

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know one of the things I like most about about Jackson? I think he's the only one on the roster that doesn't routinely throw casual passes. He may throw it away now and then but he's never lazy with the ball. He zips the ball to its destination. I sure wish that would wear off on all the other guys on this roster.

The way Jackson plays needs to wear off on a lot of Suns.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know what it is, but Len plays well against the Magic. He has 9 points and 6 rebounds so far.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Halftime:

Suns 46 - Magic 38

Len had 14 points and 5 rebounds for the Suns.