Suns @ Knicks Monday game thread 4-26-2021

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would also be nice if the Grizzlies beat the Nuggets.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Totally agree with Frank. Saric is a little more reliable offensively, but Frank has extra length on defense that helps. Even if Saric is healthy, i'd go to Frank now and again in certain matchups.

he’s also a SMART player out there.

I think we also saw tonight that Craig is great in small doses. But he’s not a good enough shooter to be a starter, IMO and got a tiny big for his britches after that first made trey ball.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
yup. If we can finally beat them on Wednesday, that gives us a 3 game lead again. That would be nice.

look, I have to imagine we just had one of the toughest road trips of any team this season and came out 3-2. I’ll take it.

Big showdown coming up with the Clippers!
Clips are a super bad matchup for us... they’ve pretty much owned us. Would be amazing to come away with a W Wednesday... but I would say that in a 7 game series, the Clips would still come away victorious 9 times out of 10...

This team still is way too inconsistent from behind the arc. Crowder, Saric, Cam J, Bridges, Book... way too unreliable. And for Cam, Bridges and Book, I really hope it clicked tonight that when you’re off, and dudes are running at you to defend you behind the arc, DRIVE TO THE BASKET!

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns needed win in the worst way heading home to play the Clippers and Jazz.

It's great to build the mental confidence.

Aren't the Jazz still missing Mitchell? I hope so. I like him as a player but he can take his time to return.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aren't the Jazz still missing Mitchell? I hope so. I like him as a player but he can take his time to return.

The same here. Mitchell is still out but it's uncertain when he returns.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spurs, Lakers and Clips... all horrendous Round 1 opponents...

Yeah. All are hard to beat but the Suns have to play the Spurs two more times in the regular season and there is some bad history there.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah. All are hard to beat but the Suns have to play the Spurs two more times in the regular season and there is some bad history there.

I just don’t want to face a Pop team. I can see playoff pressure possibly getting to us in Game 1 and if we go down 0-1 to the Spurs, however tight we may be only gets tighter and tighter and Pop knows how to turn those screws.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I just don’t want to face a Pop team. I can see playoff pressure possibly getting to us in Game 1 and if we go down 0-1 to the Spurs, however tight we may be only gets tighter and tighter and Pop knows how to turn those screws.
Pop is truly the Suns’ Daddy... [emoji35]

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Suns loss to the Spurs was the worst I've seen this season and they seem to be peaking.

I don't want the Suns to play them any more than they have too. Take no gifts from Popovich!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's come home and beat the Clippers and Jazz and own the #1 spot in the league. :rockon:

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My eyes are super red from well bong hit maybe and tiredness

Such a fun night w after those 2 losses also the celtics player opponent who talked trash to craig is a *****!! Hope craig gets revenge

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There is no way Spurs beat Suns in 7 game series, absolutely no way. Theyre only in the playoff discussion because of Pop and theyre riding off of previous culture. That team completely devoid of talent. This is not the Duncan-Parker Spurs in the least.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Clips are a super bad matchup for us... they’ve pretty much owned us. Would be amazing to come away with a W Wednesday... but I would say that in a 7 game series, the Clips would still come away victorious 9 times out of 10...

This team still is way too inconsistent from behind the arc. Crowder, Saric, Cam J, Bridges, Book... way too unreliable. And for Cam, Bridges and Book, I really hope it clicked tonight that when you’re off, and dudes are running at you to defend you behind the arc, DRIVE TO THE BASKET!

no way 9 out of 10.

maybe 6 out of 10.

Suns have a shot. Remember George has a tendency to fold like a tortilla in the playoffs.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ayton: 9 pts, 13 boards, 2 assists, 1 block, 0 turnovers
Noel: 4 pts, 3 boards, 3 assists, 0 blocks, 1 turnover

:D
Nice job by Ayton on the boards in the second half, but otherwise a disappointment against a team he should dominate.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Superbone

I'm glad those stats changed in Ayton's favor but Noel was having the better of it early.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice job by Ayton on the boards in the second half, but otherwise a disappointment against a team he should dominate.

They expended a crap load of energy just getting even. This team is obviously still learning how to win.