Suns have 6th pick and 32nd pick in 2019 draft.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no way we should be taking White over Hunter.

Where do you envision Hunter playing? I'm not at all convinced he can move to the 4 spot in the NBA. If we don't sign Oubre, he could play the 3/4 like Kelly does but otherwise he'd probably normally swing between the 3 and the 2 like Bridges does.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no way we should be taking White over Hunter.

I like both both players. If the Suns had a point guard, Hunter would probably be my pick but they don't.

The Suns can't get too cute always ignoring an area of need in the draft... point guard.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
I believe they have to be within twenty percent of each other. Which sounds like a lot, but when you start matching up these trades it can get infuriatingly small.
Everything I'm finding says that if you will remain under the cap no matter how much salary goes out you can take back 150% of what you sent out

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like both both players. If the Suns had a point guard, Hunter would probably be my pick but they don't.

The Suns can't get too cute always ignoring an area of need in the draft... point guard.

I'm torn. I like Hunter a lot more than I like White but White makes a more sense for us given that we have Bridges and probably Oubre.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm torn. I like Hunter a lot more than I like White but White makes a more sense for us given that we have Bridges and probably Oubre.

I'm torn as well.

If Hunter can play power forward he fits a need but I think the Suns need to add a young point guard to develop.

The Suns have passed on point guards in past drafts that have come back to bite them.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
No chap you missed the point of my post. The way you framed it was as if it was a one-for-one deal. It isn’t. That’s all I was pointing out. Go reread your post I quoted if you take umbrage with my point.

And for the record, I don’t think any single one of those assets singularly make it an overpay. I just think it’s an overpay in the aggregate. With the caveat: if there’s a guarantee that the freed up cap space will 100% ensure we sign randle. Then I’d look at it as Jrue/randle for warren/JJ/6 which I would think fair given randle is a free agent.
Geez, no I didn't. I wasn't even responding to you originally. This is about certain posters, not you, wanting to shoot for the moon without giving up anything of value. And right now, however low it is, TJ Warren is one of our more valuable trade pieces.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Everything I'm finding says that if you will remain under the cap no matter how much salary goes out you can take back 150% of what you sent out
I linked an article that says as long as the receiving team stays under the cap, you can give back a draft pick or nothing in a trade, and the other team doesn't have to take back 80% of the salary they sent you. As long as that salary cap is stayed under.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I'm torn as well.

If Hunter can play power forward he fits a need but I think the Suns need to add a young point guard to develop.

The Suns have passed on point guards in past drafts that have come back to bite them.
My whole thing is, say we do a trade and have our veteran PG before the draft, and we still are picking at 6. At that point I don't feel bad taking Hunter because technically we fixed the PG spot for the upcoming season. Then we have time to trade for a younger PG, assuming the one we have isn't young, or draft one in the next draft. IF we already have a PG in hand, then I am fine draft BAP.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well they clearly think that we will be happy to see them right after the draft

Good Morning!

I would like to extend an exclusive invitation to our Inside the Huddle event next week to hear firsthand from Suns General Manage, James Jones and Head Coach, Monty Williams! The event is next Monday, June 24th at 6:00pm (check-in at 5:30pm) here at Talking Stick Resort Arena. They will discuss off-season moves, the draft, and more. Any players drafted will also be in attendance, so you will have the opportunity to see them first! Please let me know if I can RSVP you. Invites are limited for this exclusive event!

clip_image001.jpg

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My whole thing is, say we do a trade and have our veteran PG before the draft, and we still are picking at 6. At that point I don't feel bad taking Hunter because technically we fixed the PG spot for the upcoming season. Then we have time to trade for a younger PG, assuming the one we have isn't young, or draft one in the next draft. IF we already have a PG in hand, then I am fine draft BAP.

As long as the Suns address the point guard position I'm fine with it. However, passing over Fox or not trading for Shai (if he was available) doesn't cut it.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm torn as well.

Agreed but I'm not sure he's much of an improvement over Oubre at the 4 spot.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Well they clearly think that we will be happy to see them right after the draft

Good Morning!

I would like to extend an exclusive invitation to our Inside the Huddle event next week to hear firsthand from Suns General Manage, James Jones and Head Coach, Monty Williams! The event is next Monday, June 24th at 6:00pm (check-in at 5:30pm) here at Talking Stick Resort Arena. They will discuss off-season moves, the draft, and more. Any players drafted will also be in attendance, so you will have the opportunity to see them first! Please let me know if I can RSVP you. Invites are limited for this exclusive event!

clip_image001.jpg
Are these for season ticket holders only?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed but I'm not sure he's much of an improvement over Oubre at the 4 spot.

I think Hunter carries more weight now (223) and probably has the potential to carry more weight than Oubre plus he has that 7' 2" wingspan.

If push comes to shove and both are equal, I take the point guard.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think Hunter carries more weight now (223) and probably has the potential to carry more weight than Oubre plus he has that 7' 2" wingspan.

If push comes to shove and both are equal, I take the point guard.
at 233 pounds, there's a lot of push comes to shove, there!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Jrue/randle for warren/JJ/6 fair? That'd be a steal!

I think I get your point but consider the fact that randle is apparently interested in the sun's now. They could swing and miss easily infact I'd expect them to as a sun's fan but I wouldn't think that would be thought of as a unfair trade, like the saying you miss a 100% of the shots you don't take , I'd look at it as a failure if they didn't take that trade just because they were afraid of not signing him
If randle was signed multi-year and the pelicans were planning in keeping it would be a steal. But he’s a free agent. So anything they can get for him is gravy. So if warren/jJ/6 for Jrue is an overpay, the certainty of signing a free agent randle likely brings the deal even. But a great move for the suns.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
What is so difficult to understand about having to give up something to get something? Getting a star player like Holiday is fine, but when he's traded for a middling SF with only two viable skills, the world is ending. Still don't understand after all these years, there are still people that expect to get game changing players for virtually nothing.
Chap - here is the post I quoted. Look at the bold. You are 100% reframing this as warren for Jrue. That migh not have been your intent, but that is 100% what you have written here.

And who cares to whom you were replying? If that post was meant to be directed to one poster and one poster only private message them. Otherwise everything posted here is open to discussion.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Chap - here is the post I quoted. Look at the bold. You are 100% reframing this as warren for Jrue. That migh not have been your intent, but that is 100% what you have written here.

And who cares to whom you were replying? If that post was meant to be directed to one poster and one poster only private message them. Otherwise everything posted here is open to discussion.
What is going on this board today? Do you really feel you need to lecture ME about how to post?

If people want to get a good player--no matter who it is (in this example Jrue was being discussed)--then you need to give up assets that the other team would think is valuable. Outside of the mediocre value of our #6 draft pick, TJ Warren is easily the best tradable asset we have. Do you agree or disagree? People want to have their cake and eat it to. GUARANTEED that any trade for any "star" player will include TJ Warren at the very least. The very LEAST. There is no way in hell we could acquire Russell, Jrue or any other star type player WITHOUT getting rid of TJ Warren. And arguments that he is "too valuable" to let go basically invalidate any discussion about acquiring that level of player.

I think Warren's improvement in 3point shooting make him worth keeping, however, he is 100% expendable if we can get a PG in return. Period.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
What is going on this board today? Do you really feel you need to lecture ME about how to post?

If people want to get a good player--no matter who it is (in this example Jrue was being discussed)--then you need to give up assets that the other team would think is valuable. Outside of the mediocre value of our #6 draft pick, TJ Warren is easily the best tradable asset we have. Do you agree or disagree? People want to have their cake and eat it to. GUARANTEED that any trade for any "star" player will include TJ Warren at the very least. The very LEAST. There is no way in hell we could acquire Russell, Jrue or any other star type player WITHOUT getting rid of TJ Warren. And arguments that he is "too valuable" to let go basically invalidate any discussion about acquiring that level of player.

I think Warren's improvement in 3point shooting make him worth keeping, however, he is 100% expendable if we can get a PG in return. Period.
Ya it's been an aggressive day today, and I mean I've been part of it too I think some of us are just getting antsy for the sun's to do something

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool. I like their shoes. Still looking like we may pick him, IF we have the 6th pick tomorrow night. I expect some trades, or rumors between now and then all over the NBA.

I think Culver will be gone before the Suns draft but who knows.

As you mentioned earlier, I wish the Suns could fill their point guard need before the draft.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

we definitely need to get on that podcast...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard