Suns have 6th pick and 32nd pick in 2019 draft.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I don’t a single poster wouldn’t do Jrue for just a “middling SF” but what’s actually being discussed is two SFs and the 6.

But neither SF is particularly good, the Suns have two better SFs, and the number six pick is of questionable value.
In my opinion, sixth pick in a crappy draft, one NBA-level SF, and one young SF are a small price to pay for the best defensive PG in the NBA who can also score. This is especially true when you have two better SFs and only about one half of an actual NBA point guard. This would be an absolute steal for the Suns. They would literally have ideal point guard and small forward(s) to play alongside Booker. That's a whole lot of defense between Holiday, Oubre, Bridges, and even Johnson and Melton further down in rotation.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don’t a single poster wouldn’t do Jrue for just a “middling SF” but what’s actually being discussed is two SFs and the 6.
You've completely missed the point. I'm not saying it's a viable scenario, however, some people are shooting it down because they overvalue TJ Warren. That's what I'm talking about. It's fine to say that TJ/Josh/#6 isn't enough for Jrue Holiday, it's yet another to say it's bad because TJ Warren makes it an overpay.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
And that's definitely a valid concern, but we can't really condemn the salary dump until we see what happens afterwards.

I recall this is precisely what was said after the trade of Knight and Chriss for Anderson and Melton, as well as after the trade fir Bridges. We were told that a trade of one of our superfluous wings for a point guard was right around the corner. And here we are a year later still with no point guard.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You've completely missed the point. I'm not saying it's a viable scenario, however, some people are shooting it down because they overvalue TJ Warren. That's what I'm talking about. It's fine to say that TJ/Josh/#6 isn't enough for Jrue Holiday, it's yet another to say it's bad because TJ Warren makes it an overpay.
No chap you missed the point of my post. The way you framed it was as if it was a one-for-one deal. It isn’t. That’s all I was pointing out. Go reread your post I quoted if you take umbrage with my point.

And for the record, I don’t think any single one of those assets singularly make it an overpay. I just think it’s an overpay in the aggregate. With the caveat: if there’s a guarantee that the freed up cap space will 100% ensure we sign randle. Then I’d look at it as Jrue/randle for warren/JJ/6 which I would think fair given randle is a free agent.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the first time I have seen nbadraft.net project White higher than 6.

I read a lot of the mock drafts and have seen White in the top 6 often but I don't really pay attention to whose mock I'm reading as I find them all roughly interchangeable.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Jackson and Warren are also NBA-level players. Dumping them for nothing in return is a major step backwards.
It's not really a step back at all Warren barely even played last year and JJ 50% of the time was a detriment on the court when he was playing, I'd take a second for Warren every day of the week to clear that cap space , his 11 million is worth 3x more to the sun's then maybe having him on the court , JJ id hold onto if they can't get anything for him which they can't because he has no trade value

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kabengele has been invited to the Green Room. There are a total of 23 invites so far.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
No chap you missed the point of my post. The way you framed it was as if it was a one-for-one deal. It isn’t. That’s all I was pointing out. Go reread your post I quoted if you take umbrage with my point.

And for the record, I don’t think any single one of those assets singularly make it an overpay. I just think it’s an overpay in the aggregate. With the caveat: if there’s a guarantee that the freed up cap space will 100% ensure we sign randle. Then I’d look at it as Jrue/randle for warren/JJ/6 which I would think fair given randle is a free agent.
Jrue/randle for warren/JJ/6 fair? That'd be a steal!

I think I get your point but consider the fact that randle is apparently interested in the sun's now. They could swing and miss easily infact I'd expect them to as a sun's fan but I wouldn't think that would be thought of as a unfair trade, like the saying you miss a 100% of the shots you don't take , I'd look at it as a failure if they didn't take that trade just because they were afraid of not signing him

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Jrue/randle for warren/JJ/6 fair? That'd be a steal!

I think I get your point but consider the fact that randle is apparently interested in the sun's now. They could swing and miss easily infact I'd expect them to as a sun's fan but I wouldn't think that would be thought of as a unfair trade, like the saying you miss a 100% of the shots you don't take , I'd look at it as a failure if they didn't take that trade just because they were afraid of not signing him

Doesn't work under the cap. No trade for Holiday works without including Booker or Ayton unless Tyler Johnson is part of the trade.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Doesn't work under the cap. No trade for Holiday works without including Booker or Ayton unless Tyler Johnson is part of the trade.
How does it not work under the cap? Don't the sun's have the extra 7 mil or so in cap to take more salary back?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
How does it not work under the cap? Don't the sun's have the extra 7 mil or so in cap to take more salary back?

When that much salary goes out, the salaries must still within a certain percentage of each other, regardless of whether the team taking on more salary has extra cap room.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
When that much salary goes out, the salaries must still within a certain percentage of each other, regardless of whether the team taking on more salary has extra cap room.
I believe they have to be within twenty percent of each other. Which sounds like a lot, but when you start matching up these trades it can get infuriatingly small.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I believe they have to be within twenty percent of each other. Which sounds like a lot, but when you start matching up these trades it can get infuriatingly small.

That sounds about right.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brandon Clarke is now listed at #18 on the Tankathon mock.

Hunter is at #8 while White is still at #6.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those wanting to attend the Suns draft party tomorrow. Sounds like a lot of fun.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard