Suns have 6th pick and 32nd pick in 2019 draft.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the early picks after Barrett (likely #3) swing around Culver.

If Culver goes #4 or #5 there will be a point guard on the table (Garland or White) at #6. I think Garland goes #4. However, it would be interesting if Garland is there at their pick. It's hard to see them passing on him. I could see a trade down as well.

From everything I am hearing it is almost a lock Garland is going 4th.

I think everything hinges on what Cleveland does, and I have heard they have interest in White, Hunter, Culver, and Reddish.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I think everything hinges on what Cleveland does.

Really? With all the bs out there right now, the only lock I'm getting is Zion at #1.

Edit - I just looked at 4 different mock drafts and only one had Garland at #4. Where are you getting this Garland at #4 lock?

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

I think everything hinges on what Cleveland does, and I have heard they have interest in White, Hunter, Culver, and Reddish.
I have been reading many teams are interested in Garland. Some want to move up to get him. He is slated to go #4. Then the illogical point made on 98.7 was the Suns are in a prime spot to trade their pick to those teams that want Garland! WTF? How does having #6 get you picks when the guy is slated to go #4? I heard this on two different shows yesterday!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm hoping for White or Hunter to be there at 6.

Unless the Suns trade for a point guard my preference is White.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh no, White works out with Knicks.

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn

UNC guard Coby White -- perhaps the fastest rising prospect on the board -- had a private workout with the Knicks at team's facility today, league sources tell ESPN. Knicks have been locked on RJ Barrett at No. 3, but summoned White after Darius Garland's workout yesterday.

8:18 AM - 20 Jun 2019

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could the Knicks offer the Suns anything of interest at #6?

They have been flirting with Garland and White but reports are they like Barrett.

Perhaps Dennis Smith Jr.? Hopefully not Ntilikina. Mudiay?

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Could the Knicks offer the Suns anything of interest at #6?

They have been flirting with Garland and White but reports are they like Barrett.
Unlike us, their roster has a balance of PGs, SGs, SFs, PFs, and Centers. LOL!

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
NY is going with Barrett according to reports after the Garland work out. They already have Smith Jr, they need another potential star and Barrett is perfect for them.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
NY is going with Barrett according to reports after the Garland work out. They already have Smith Jr, they need another potential star and Barrett is perfect for them.
Makes sense, but White just now worked out for them. Why have White work out when you already had Barrett and Garland work out earlier?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think they would have to be looking at acquiring another early pick. My mind wandered to the Suns being a trade partner.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Makes sense, but White just now worked out for them. Why have White work out when you already had Barrett and Garland work out earlier?

Maybe the Knicks are going to acquire D. Russell or Irving so Dennis Smith Jr. is available.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think they would have to be looking at acquiring another early pick. My mind wandered to the Suns being a trade partner.
They are already talking pick #5 will probably be traded to get White before the Suns at #6.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The only guy PHX could be interested in is Smith Jr but supposedly they balked at acquiring him last year. NY has nothing else to offer unless they are dumb enough to try and offer Robinson.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are already talking pick #5 will probably be traded to get White before the Suns at #6.

So if Garland and White are gone, that leaves Hunter.

However, Gambo acts like the Suns are going to have two point guards.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
So conjecture on Doug and Wolfe, Suns already have a vet PG going into tonight, and will be taking Hunter. Culver will still be on the board, too. Still can't get over the report they like his ball handling. IF we have a PG already, we HAVE to take PF in my opinion.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only guy PHX could be interested in is Smith Jr but supposedly they balked at acquiring him last year. NY has nothing else to offer unless they are dumb enough to try and offer Robinson.

Never put anything past the Knicks. I haven't watched Dennis Smith Jr. much.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
So if Garland and White are gone, that leaves Hunter.

However, Gambo acts like the Suns are going to have two point guards.
I was half joking when I said one of them @1Sun wouldn't consider them a PG. I am thinking a midlevel guy, and maybe combo guard or project guard.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was half joking when I said one of them @1Sun wouldn't consider them a PG. I am thinking a midlevel guy, and maybe combo guard or project guard.

I suppose this could fit Culver.

I've had my heart set on White but leave it to the Knicks to mess things up.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There are many reasons. Sometimes you do it because you have a relationship with the player's agent or are trying to build one, sometimes you do it because you are trying to get more out of a possible draft day trade or want to convince someone else that you are taking their guy. Sometimes it's just a smoke screen so that someone won't trade ahead of you to steal your guy and so on. This kind of stuff happens every time the draft rolls around and anyone committed to making sense out of who a team works out is just asking for a headache.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I suppose this could fit Culver.

I've had my heart set on White but leave it to the Knicks to mess things up.

Not. Even. Close. Culver is a poor passer, ball handler, facilitator and distributor even for a shooting guard, let alone not being a point guard.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not. Even. Close. Culver is a poor passer, ball handler, facilitator and distributor even for a shooting guard, let alone not being a point guard.

Maybe the Suns trade #6 to the Knicks for Dennis Smith Jr. There are a lot worse options.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

You are just making crap up. For a shooting guard he is a good passer, almost 4 assists a game. I do not understand why you hate him so much.

The more I watch him, the more he reminds me of Joe Johnson.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson