Suns had more fight in them...

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
The Lakers just gave this one up. We came back many times, showed more heart. So much for "the heart of a champion". Glad to see the Lakers gone, they sure as hell didn't deserve to move on this round. Congrats to the Spurs.

adam

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure I agree with you there. I thought the Lakers were every bit the formidable opponent the Phoenix Suns were... maybe more so.

Joe Mama

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
green machine -

You don't think that coming back from down 25 on the road the other night showed heart? By the way, how many titles do the Suns have? Oh yeah, ZERO! FYI the Lakers have 14.

OP
OP
green machine

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Originally posted by Renz
green machine -

You don't think that coming back from down 25 on the road the other night showed heart? By the way, how many titles do the Suns have? Oh yeah, ZERO! FYI the Lakers have 14.

They gave up this game. Plain and simple. So they had heart one game. My post specifically referred to this game. Besides, why bring up the championships? Did I say the Suns have a better winning history than the Lakers? No. That type of trolling does not belong on a SUNS message board, in my opinion. :rolleyes:

adam

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think the Lakers gave up. I think the San Antonio Spurs went to Los Angeles and took that game. The Spurs played the top-notch game tonight. In the fourth quarter they were unstoppable on both ends of the court.

Joe Mama

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
But when SHaq is in front of the rim, and a 41 year old Kevin WIllis is allowed to go up and one hand jam a put back while not only Shaq but 3 other Lakers stay flat footed and watch? Thats not putting my heart into it.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
green machine -

If you don't want me to stand up for my team on a "Suns message board" then don't start a thread bashing the Lakers.

fordronken

Reaction score
If you don't want me to stand up for my team on a "Suns message board" then don't start a thread bashing the Lakers.

Standing up for your team is fine. But if it means using faulty logic to somehow connect your team's playoff history with their recent performance then I'd ask that you please don't.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
green machine's whole point was comparing the Suns and Lakers. And I wouldn't call winning the last three championships ancient history, which is what you guys seem to be implying.

Anyway, Phoenix and L.A. are both out so you won't be hearing anymore from me on the NBA 'til next year. Peace.

WizardOfAz

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by green machine
We came back many times, showed more heart.

I apreciate the blind homerism, but it's really tough to compare the Suns/Spurs first round game to a Spurs/Lakers second round game.

But I agree with what, I think, your point was - the Suns played very tough and represented well once they got into the playoffs.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The point is, our losses to the Spurs were not as painful as the losses that the Lakers suffered to the Spurs. That's what it boils down to. Does that mean we played the Spurs better than the Lakers? I would say yes. But it doesn't mean we're actually better than the Lakers.

LakeShowMan

Registered
Reaction score
Well IMO, I think the Lakers finally collapsed there at the end of the 3rd quarter (parker's wide open layup after Kobe's 3). They have played A LOT of games the last 4 seasons, plus because of their poor start this year they were always running uphill. It finally got to them, because it was pretty obvious that they were running on fumes. Who knows this might have happened to Michael and company if he didn't 'retire' both times. With the playoffs being as long as they are (not to mention how stacked the Western Conference is), it may be just to much energy to win that many in a row.

This will ultimately be good for the Lakers. This will give Mitch the ability to 'blow up the team' and bring in some new blood. Also, it will give the guys that are still on the team the lesson that they can't just turn it on when they want to. Hopefully Shaq will realize that the reason he continues to get knick-knack injuries is because he completely lets himself go in the offseason and then tries to get healthy and fit during the regular season. The Lakers will be back, it is just too hard to believe that this is the "End of the Dynasty", as many are trying to say.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by green machine
That type of trolling does not belong on a SUNS message board, in my opinion. :rolleyes:

See the tagline for this forum: Discuss Shawn Marion, Stephon Marbury or anything else concerning the Suns or the NBA.

Don't include the rest of the NBA if you want a myopic SUNS message board. :rolleyes:

BTW: As far as comparing the Suns/Spurs series versus the Lakers/Spurs series...the Spurs would be getting ready for Game 7 right now had Horry's shot gone in, so I'd say the Lakers ultimately came closer to beating the Spurs than the Suns did. Just my opinion.

Best of luck next season to you guys.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
the Spurs would be getting ready for Game 7 right now had Horry's shot gone in

But it didnt. There we so many "what ifs" in the suns/spurs series also. Its not relevant to talk about "what ifs"

The Spurs outplayed the Suns.
The Spurs outplayed the Lakers.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WastedFate
The Spurs outplayed the Suns.
The Spurs outplayed the Lakers.

Trying to pump up the Suns and rip the Lakers seems to be the purpose of this thread. :rolleyes:

Your post says it all.

Thank you. :thumbup:

OP
OP
green machine

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Originally posted by Renz
green machine's whole point was comparing the Suns and Lakers. And I wouldn't call winning the last three championships ancient history, which is what you guys seem to be implying.

Anyway, Phoenix and L.A. are both out so you won't be hearing anymore from me on the NBA 'til next year. Peace.

The whole point was comparing the Suns vs. Spurs this year and the Lakers vs. Spurs this year. Had nothing to do with past years. But I guess you didn't figure that...

adam

OP
OP
green machine

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brian in Mesa
See the tagline for this forum: Discuss Shawn Marion, Stephon Marbury or anything else concerning the Suns or the NBA.

Don't include the rest of the NBA if you want a myopic SUNS message board. :rolleyes:

BTW: As far as comparing the Suns/Spurs series versus the Lakers/Spurs series...the Spurs would be getting ready for Game 7 right now had Horry's shot gone in, so I'd say the Lakers ultimately came closer to beating the Spurs than the Suns did. Just my opinion.

Best of luck next season to you guys.

The rest of the NBA is fine. But to use the response "The Lakers have won, the Suns have not" is not discussing the rest of the NBA, it's just bashing the Suns...On a Suns board... I don't mind having Lakers fans here. But when they have to bring up old championships or successes to counteract a point made about this year then to me that is trolling. BIM, I've found your posts to be enjoyable and I personally enjoy YOUR presense on this board.

Horry's shot did not go in. That doesn't matter. Stephon Marbury got injured...What if he didn't??? You can't say what ifs. If Horry's shot did not go in against Sacramento last year the Lakers run might have ended there.

adam

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that a Shaquille O'Neal still had the kind of drive in determination Kobe Bryant has the Lakers would be well on their way to their fourth championship. He reminds me of a less charismatic Charles Barkley with a much bigger and imposing body.

In the past I did not like Kobe Bryant because I was tired of his arrogance and the scowls every time he did something good. Now I really like him. I would absolutely love it if he was a Phoenix Suns player.

Joe Mama

LakeShowMan

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe Mama
I think that a Shaquille O'Neal still had the kind of drive in determination Kobe Bryant has the Lakers would be well on their way to their fourth championship. He reminds me of a less charismatic Charles Barkley with a much bigger and imposing body.

In the past I did not like Kobe Bryant because I was tired of his arrogance and the scowls every time he did something good. Now I really like him. I would absolutely love it if he was a Phoenix Suns player.

Joe Mama

Bravo!

I just hope that Kobe can continue to win over the masses. The guy is the epitome of a great player (i.e. works hard, self-motivated, good guy off the court, winner), yet people, including his own coach, take him to task all the time. I am not sure if it is the whole 'he just wants to be Michael thing' or what, but I really believe this kid should be more well received by basketball fans.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
The only thing I don't like about Kobe are his fans and those that think he is as good as MJ was when he is hardly any better than Tracy McGrady if at all.

LakeShowMan

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by slinslin
The only thing I don't like about Kobe are his fans and those that think he is as good as MJ was when he is hardly any better than Tracy McGrady if at all.

Anybody that says that Kobe is better than Michael right now, doesn't know what he/she is talking about.

As far as McGrady, I lost a lot of respect for him and his game in this years playoffs. If you are going to open your mouth and say that a series is over before you close it out, and then not show up in 3 straight games to get knocked out of the playoffs, then it is hard for me to take you serious. T-Mac is an absolutely astounding talent, but I think he rates himself a little to high. Plus, I don't know if he has the heart and determination to be a winner or be the kind of player that Kobe is when it comes to "winning time" (what Magic used to call the playoffs and end of games).

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by slinslin

Kobe has done things Jordan never did in his career, and vice versa. I'm sick of everyone being compared to Jordan, when he really doesn't hold too many NBA records anyway. Compare what these guy today are doing with those who set records.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn