Suns Get The 6th Pick

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To be fair I have mentioned that it could be a blessing in disguise to end up with Garland instead of Morant. Elite ball handler and elite shooter and if he can stay healthy and be just a solid facilitator than I could see him ending up the better NBA player. Don't get me wrong if we had the #2 pick I would be all for Morant as I feel more confident that he pans out.

I am real scared lakers may take him at 4 and ditch Lonzo. He may also be a trade we would make.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I don't see why the lottery cannot be limited to the bottom three or four teams. There is still no overwhelming incentive to tank, but also no way some 40 win team that just missed the playoffs gets a top pick. Makes sense to me.
Yeah this wasn't right. Worst four records shouldn't wind up with a chance at #7 pick. Worst to #6 was bad enough. At most it should be worst six teams in the lottery, THAT'S IT!

edupunk

Reaction score
AD and Zion on the same team? They may be the only team who would trade the #1.

Or trade AD to the Celtics for Tatum Brown and #14. Danny is dying to do that trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I need more than that for AD, and Grif is at the helm. I highly doubt he'll get fleeced. What if Grif calls up the Lakers and tells em "I'll give you Zion(plus some other pieces if need be) for Bron and the 4th pick? LeBron is reunited with Grif, who he trusted. AD would then stay in NO, figure out a holiday trade and sign Kyrie... and the band would be complete...just my crazy thoughts after this unfortunate event that is a Suns fans existence.....

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Lakers seem to move up some every year

That is true. The NBA may not be so blatant as to shoot them into the top pick, but they sure seem to get a lot of "lucky" nudges up the ladder.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be fair I have mentioned that it could be a blessing in disguise to end up with Garland instead of Morant. Elite ball handler and elite shooter and if he can stay healthy and be just a solid facilitator than I could see him ending up the better NBA player. Don't get me wrong if we had the #2 pick I would be all for Morant as I feel more confident that he pans out.

My only hesitation is that he likes to shoot more than pass. As a result, there might not be enough balls to go around on this team depending on how we round out the roster.

This sucks.

I am leaning towards White.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Now its wait for Garland, I bbn also could see a scenario they use this pick for Lonzo or another vet in a trade.

Garland and Booker would be a nice backcourt

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not rigged. NBA doesn’t want Memphis and New Orleans with the two best players when the Knicks and lakers were right there.

That said, this freaking sucks ass. At least lakers got 4 and Zion not going to NYC.

The new system’s results should be a big dissuader for future tanking. Be so bad all season to get the fifth or sixth picks? No thank you.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
My only hesitation is that he likes to shoot more than pass. As a result, there might not be enough balls to go around on this team depending on how we round out the roster.

This sucks.
I mean GS finds away to get KD, Curry and Klay enough shots. Can't see why Garland, Booker and Ayton couldn't coexist as well.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yet again the Lakers jump up

It's so rigged

SMDH

If it was RIGGED, the Lakers and Knicks would have gotten 1/2, not the worst NBA cities in the league.

Was it rigged last year when the PHOENIX Suns got the 1 pick from ARIZONA?

OP
OP
HoodieBets

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I need more than that for AD, and Grif is at the helm. I highly doubt he'll get fleeced. What if Grif calls up the Lakers and tells em "I'll give you Zion(plus some other pieces if need be) for Bron and the 4th pick? LeBron is reunited with Grif, who he trusted. AD would then stay in NO, figure out a holiday trade and sign Kyrie... and the band would be complete...just my crazy thoughts after this unfortunate event that is a Suns fans existence.....

It’s already a done deal that Kyrie is going to the knicks with KD. I don’t see the lakers making that trade and I don’t even know how that would work cap wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hate to say it but Conley will most likely be available now.

if they trade the 6th pick for that breaking cap monstrosity, Jones will lose most of the goodwill he's built up with me.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean GS finds away to get KD, Curry and Klay enough shots. Can't see why Garland, Booker and Ayton couldn't coexist as well.

I think White shoots just as good and can get guys involved more. Plus he is 6'5" and strong to boot.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh god, that's frighteningly plausible.

that would be idiotic. I REALLY don't want to believe Jones is idiotic at this point after he made a solid hire in Monty Williams.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, at least tanking got thoroughly butchered as a strategy.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So its White, Garland or a trafe for a gut like Ball etc. Now we know what to argue about

Time to get 2K season started and start next year

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not rigged. NBA doesn’t want Memphis and New Orleans with the two best players when the Knicks and lakers were right there.

That said, this freaking sucks ass. At least lakers got 4 and Zion not going to NYC.

The new system’s results should be a big dissuader for future tanking. Be so bad all season to get the fifth or sixth picks? No thank you.
I think this is the whole point of the new system. Delighting in losing should be a thing of the past.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Now its wait for Garland, I bbn also could see a scenario they use this pick for Lonzo or another vet in a trade.

Garland and Booker would be a nice backcourt

Anyone think Garland being a Rich Paul client is a negative?

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm glad these new dumb as hell draft odds ended up hosing the NBA itself. Now your new rookie superstar is going to a lame team that nobody cares about while marquee franchises will continue to be terrible. Change it back.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I think White shoots just as good and can get guys involved more. Plus he is 6'5" and strong to boot.

Hard to say he gets guys more involved. Garland hardly played at all and White only averaged 4 assists. One thing I rate very highly at the NBA level is ball handling and while White is solid in that regard Garland is a truly elite ball handler.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The bad teams are still going to lose under the new system. So bad teams might win 2-3 more games, but will suck for 3-5-10 more years.

Meanwhile, I believe it encourages tanking, because now you don't have to go to the bottom, you just need to get yourself into the bottom 6 or so teams. If anything, it encourages more teams to mini-tank.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson