Suns Get The 6th Pick

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well. The 6th pick is as good as the 4th in this draft IMO. After the top three it’s a crap shoot.

Wonder if there is any way to trade up to 2-3 for Morant. 6 plus top 1 protected next year plus?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well. The 6th pick is as good as the 4th in this draft IMO. After the top three it’s a crap shoot.

Wonder if there is any way to trade up to 2-3 for Morant. 6 plus top 1 protected next year plus?

no way.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I don’t think so, but if I was jones I would try.

OP
OP
HoodieBets

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I think using the pick to clear salary could happen

Lets not forget the pick takes away from our capspace..

If someone can take #6. and contracts such as Johnson, Jackson and Warren in a trade that opens up more capspace for us..

When we using that cap space? 2020 is a shallow year for FA. Top 5 are AD, Kristaps, Conley, draymond, Drummond and Derozan. Big drop off after those 5 and I don’t see all of them hitting the open market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Well living in the Boston area Kyrie has been one of the main talking points and everyone is aware of his intentions. Lebron may want to be traded but after this off season if the lakers trade lebron they would turn into a laughingstock even if it was for Zion. They can’t afford anymore bad press.

Winhorst says Lebron went to LA to pursue all his business, acting and directing interests, etc. No way Lebron leaves. It's his retirement gig.

edupunk

Reaction score
Who the hell would want to go to LA this year if they trade Bron. Aren’t like 75% of the league either RFA or UFA this year? You would think this would be the year you load up.

When you woke up this morning, did you think the first 2 picks of this year's draft would go to NO and the Grizzlies? I didn't, that's for sure, I wasn't even thinking about either team......life comes at ya fast

I originally started to ask you if you thought the sun's would end up with the 6th pick when you woke up this morning. I had to remind myself that we are seasoned sun's fans, and thus we expect the worse.....sad but true, it's like being in an abusive relationship.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
When you woke up this morning, did you think the first 2 picks of this year's draft would go to NO and the Grizzlies? I didn't, that's for sure, I wasn't even thinking about either team......life comes at ya fast

I originally started to ask you if you thought the sun's would end up with the 6th pick when you woke up this morning. I had to remind myself that we are seasoned sun's fans, and thus we expect the worse.....sad but true, it's like being in an abusive relationship.
After Griz and Pelicans were left on the board I was OK with the draft besides our usual slide down the board. As long as LA and NY were out, I was OK.

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
Looking at the list of potentially available players at 6 is underwhelming and depressing. Unless one of those PG projects blows JJ away in the pre-draft process, I hope we end up trading the pick for a vet PG not named Conley or a vet PF. Such is life being a Suns fan, man.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
curious:

have the Suns ever moved UP in the lottery?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think using the pick to clear salary could happen

Lets not forget the pick takes away from our capspace..

If someone can take #6. and contracts such as Johnson, Jackson and Warren in a trade that opens up more capspace for us..

To do what?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
At first glance, with the teams ahead of us, White and Garland will likely be available at 6.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
curious:

have the Suns ever moved UP in the lottery?
The Suns have only moved up in the NBA draft lottery twice and neither time was recent.

The team's biggest move up in the lottery came in 1987 when Phoenix entered the lottery in the No. 7 position, but exited it with the No. 2 pick.

The Suns took Armen Gilliam with that No. 2 pick.

In 1986, the Suns moved up from the No. 7 pre-lottery position to get the No. 6 pick.

They took William Bedford with that pick.

More: Phoenix Suns might be better off not winning NBA draft lottery

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just doesn't seem fair that Suns could fall that far.

Definitely makes you wonder does the NBA want AD and ZIon together or do they want the Lakers to get AD so they gave them Zion to make up for it.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Just a reminder that Steph Curry was the 7th pick in the draft a few years ago

Elite ball handler, elite shooter and questionable facilitator. Which one am I talking about?

Obviously Garland would have to have insane development like Steph did, but as a prospect he is quite similar.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
The Suns should just take whichever project PG they like at 6, sign Randle or Mirotic to play PF, maybe sign McConnell or Rubio as a stopgap, trade Warren for whatever plus-asset they can get and call it an off-season. No reason to get too cute.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Just a reminder that Steph Curry was the 7th pick in the draft a few years ago

Coach Nelson blocked a draft night trade we had done with the Warriors GM for Curry! Damn Don Nelson. LOL!

edupunk

Reaction score
After Griz and Pelicans were left on the board I was OK with the draft besides our usual slide down the board. As long as LA and NY were out, I was OK.
Barret to the Knicks though, with Kyrie and kd coming to town (rumors, and what have you) wink wink, the Knicks might do just fine.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Suns got exactly what they deserve.

They got the #1 last year and did not improve at all.