Suns finish in the top 4 seeding.

Wonder

Registered
Reaction score
I can see this happening. Does anybody else think this is realistic? If they were to get home court advantage, anything could happen. You never know.:D

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
If Amare plays consistently like he has the last couple of games we will finish at #4. But that requires not trading him.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Certainly possible if they can sustain the recent level of play.

The March schedule is loaded with home games and crappy teams...

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
If Amare can play like he has in the last two all season we might. Although we really do not know how long that will last.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can see this happening. Does anybody else think this is realistic? If they were to get home court advantage, anything could happen. You never know.:D

Not a chance. This team will be a 6 to 8 seed if they can get it together. If they play like they did in January, this team won't even make the playoffs.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not a chance. This team will be a 6 to 8 seed if they can get it together. If they play like they did in January, this team won't even make the playoffs.
Right now the difference between 4th and 6th is 1.5 games. At the end of last season it was 4 games. Realistically, I think the Suns could finish anywhere from 3rd to 11th.

cly2tw

Reaction score

This will happen for sure after Amare is traded. :mulli:

cly2tw

Reaction score
Right now the difference between 4th and 6th is 1.5 games. At the end of last season it was 4 games. Realistically, I think the Suns could finish anywhere from 3rd to 11th.

3rd seed to be matched with 2nd seed Denver in 2nd round of playoff would be solvable matchup, after this game.
First, Amare seems to have figured out now how to attack Nene and Martin without turning over while getting them into foul troubles.
Second, if our game plans stays, Nash has more energy to fight Billups who didn't abuse him as bad he used to. All Nash needed to do was staying close to his man, which he did.
3rd, with the same game plan, JRich is getting liberated from merely catch and shoot parking at 3pt line, to become a dangerous force again.

Well, all depends on Amare trade and keeping the new game plan of reduced Nash drives.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

For a period of time it was only 2 games and the Suns couldn't get those 2 games. They then dropped back to 4 at the end of the season. Now factor in Amare is probably getting traded and any new player(s) will take time to get acclimated. That 1.5 will seem like a distant memory.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Certainly possible if they can sustain the recent level of play.

The March schedule is loaded with home games and crappy teams...

Anything can happen if you have a team competing and they stay relatively healthy going in.

This teams 2nd team is taking teams apart sometimes. With Barbosa back healthy it could be a dangerous team in the playoffs.

95pro

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
when barbosa comes back, he's going to ruin the rotation/chemistry.

hopefully he's confident and 100% healthy when he comes back.

suns moved up in position last night, because portland beat the spurs. good game, glad the spurs lost.lol portland and spurs are right below us though.

we need this kings game tonight.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
when barbosa comes back, he's going to ruin the rotation/chemistry.
That's a pretty general statement, and I think he is GREAT for chemistry. You might have a valid point with the rotation, but he certainly won't affect team chemistry. My question is how Gentry is going to fit him in--I would hope he's start him with the 2nd unit, I'm liking putting Dragic in place of JRich halfway through the quarter.

Ninjafish

Registered
Reaction score
That would be bad. It'd mean the Suns would have to face the Lakers in the second round.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
That would be bad. It'd mean the Suns would have to face the Lakers in the second round.

You're right. It would be much better for the Suns not to reach the second round at all.

"I hope we don't advance in the playoffs, because eventually we'll have to play someone really good."

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
This sort of 4th seed, "if Amare keeps playing this way" talk is a crack up...
If Amare gets traded, the team will be lucky to finish at .500. If Amare stays, it will be because he either accepted a 3 year deal from the Suns, or elected to exercise his one year option. In either situation, rest assured that when one of the two occurs, Amare will instantly revert back to the Amare he's always been... We'll make the playoffs. We might win some games or perhaps a series... Enjoy.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You're right. It would be much better for the Suns not to reach the second round at all.

"I hope we don't advance in the playoffs, because eventually we'll have to play someone really good."

I'd rather see the Suns lose to the Jazz in round 1 than the Lakers in round 2.

Ninjafish

Registered
Reaction score

Do you really think our chances are better of winning it all if we play the Lakers in the second round than if we play them in the WCF?

Last edited:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Do you really think our chances are better of winning it all if we play the Lakers in the second round than if we play them in the WCF?

No, of course not. The probability is exactly zero either way.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'd rather see the Suns lose to the Jazz in round 1 than the Lakers in round 2.
Totally.

Actually I'd rather they miss the playoffs altogether....because after a first rd embarrassment in '08,missing out in '09 and missing out again in '10.......it would HAVE TO signal a change in personel and direction.
Right?
You must be registered for see images attach

95pro

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
man a 5game win streak and yet we are in the 5th spot at the moment.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Yeah, the OKC Thunder agree with you.

So what's Kurt Thomas up to these days anyway?

Hope Bucks release him and he'd come back with Amare still on the team for the playoffs run. Had we played like in the recent win streak with ball sharing instead of Nash dribbling, we'd have won the title back in 2007 with KT, as he'd have started next to Amare all year instead only after game 1 loss in the infamous Spurs series.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Had we played like in the recent win streak with ball sharing instead of Nash dribbling, we'd have won the title back in 2007 with KT, as he'd have started next to Amare all year instead only after game 1 loss in the infamous Spurs series.
Good point. But not with D'Antoni coaching.

Starting KT from Playoff Game 2 on was a desperation move rather than a planned one.

Too little (in terms of chemistry), too late.

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
Hope Bucks release him and he'd come back with Amare still on the team for the playoffs run. Had we played like in the recent win streak with ball sharing instead of Nash dribbling, we'd have won the title back in 2007 with KT, as he'd have started next to Amare all year instead only after game 1 loss in the infamous Spurs series.

Too funny! Your posts remind me of the Kevin Bacon game, only you've converted it to "The Six Degrees of Steve Nash." No matter what the topic, no matter what the criticism--or which other player(s) it may involve, no matter what the comment or how far removed it is from relating to Nash, you find a way to get back to the same old mantra and some little dig. If we lose, even if everybody else played like crap, it's his fault. Now his dribbling lost us the title. The one I really loved--most of Amare's TOs are Nash's fault too..... :D
I keep waiting for someone to stump you, but there's no way it will happen. You're good. Terminally predictable, but good!