Suns @ Bucks Sunday Finals game thread 7-11-2021 - Game 3

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I'm not too worried about Foster. He typically calls slightly more fouls than the average ref and while he and Paul have history, the list of players that feel the same way about him is quite lengthy. He's often named as the most disliked referee in the game but he tends to grade out at or near the top by the NBA. CP3 and Booker just need to not push the guy's buttons.
Good points but players shouldn't be able to influence a referee to make calls against them. That's a referee flaw.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Chase Field to host Suns Game 4 watch party.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Anyone know why they aren’t doing it at the Arena? Chase seems like an awful place to watch the game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good points but players shouldn't be able to influence a referee to make calls against them. That's a referee flaw.

It's called being a professional by taking pride in doing a job right without letting personal feelings get in the way. If someone can't do this, they have the wrong occupation.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was thinking before Game 2 that we were due for a good Book shooting game and a breakout Bridges game.

today I’m thinking Cam Payne is due for a game where he makes an impact off the bench.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Welppppp here we go gm 3 day......

Expect suns to lose bucks know this do or die

Got my chilly cattle drive and green wink..... just in case

We are the valley Goooo suns

Last edited:

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Crapppp just saw that douch foster was refing tonight.... ugh

Gooooo paul

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's more a human flaw than a referee flaw - I think we'd all do it to some extent, we just hope referees can rise above it. But keep in mind, Foster is officiating in the finals for a reason. He grades out as one of the best referees year in, year out. IOW, the league agrees with his calls at a higher level than the other refs.

The issue the players have with Foster is that he won't discuss why the call was made, and if you go on too long about it he'll T you up. So really, that's the calls against them that they influence, the technicals.

To be clear, I'm not a Foster fan. I'd rather he not officiate our games. But I think he's pretty consistent and the players should know where his line is. He's more old school than many of the others so you know he'll allow a lot of contact, and you can't overreact when you don't get the call you want (and probably deserve).

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty says Torrey Craig will play.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's more a human flaw than a referee flaw - I think we'd all do it to some extent, we just hope referees can rise above it. But keep in mind, Foster is officiating in the finals for a reason. He grades out as one of the best referees year in, year out. IOW, the league agrees with his calls at a higher level than the other refs.

The issue the players have with Foster is that he won't discuss why the call was made, and if you go on too long about it he'll T you up. So really, that's the calls against them that they influence, the technicals.

To be clear, I'm not a Foster fan. I'd rather he not officiate our games. But I think he's pretty consistent and the players should know where his line is. He's more old school than many of the others so you know he'll allow a lot of contact, and you can't overreact when you don't get the call you want (and probably deserve).
Sounds like that why a combo of him and Paul go together like oil and water. That's why if Paul just tunes it out tonight and plays his game without focusing on should be calls it will be a huge benefit. IMO.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like that why a combo of him and Paul go together like oil and water. That's why if Paul just tunes it out tonight and plays his game without focusing on should be calls it will be a huge benefit. IMO.
Yeah from what I've seen, the stars tend to have more of a problem with him than the rank and file. Players such as Garnett, Pierce, Curry, Durant, Harden and CP3 have all clashed with him.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If Foster had to be assigned a game in the Finals, this is the best possible one. I think that anyone expecting a Suns sweep was kidding themselves. A motivated and desperate Bucks team was likely going to win Game 3 anyway. The Suns just need to use that as motivation for Game 4, the way they did in the first half of Game 4 of the Clippers series.

I don’t like this “conceding before the game has even started mentality”. I know Chris Paul said they are treating this as a must win. Let’s hope they catch fire early to settle the nerves and calm the crowd.

az240zz

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I hate what the NBA has done to the warm.up swears. Both teams in the same colors. Just ridiculous

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose