Suns Announce Plans for a G-League Team in 2024-25

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not that it's really important to me, but that name and logo sucks.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd rather see a basketball inside the sun, than that S. Is that supposed to spell suns? I see an S, a U, and an N.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Back to using the ugly muted purple. Yuck. The actual “S” logo is kinda cool. But why keep the name the same? That’s no fun. And no one is buying more suns merch. They would if it were the Heat Chickens. I want a recount.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO, the G-League name and logo is a poor spinoff of "The Valley" themed uniforms of the Phoenix Suns.

The G-League name and logo don't seem to connect with each other.

A turquoise colored skyline or something similar might have been better in the middle using "Valley Suns."

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's VS in purple, not in orange. The V is almost on it's side.
Oh that’s interesting. What you’re seeing as the v and s I am seeing as a u and n. That’s kinda cool. Wonder if it’s intention that it can been seen as both.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Oh that’s interesting. What you’re seeing as the v and s I am seeing as a u and n. That’s kinda cool. Wonder if it’s intention that it can been seen as both.
Now take this as you will, but Espo said it was the v and the s. He's the former Marketing manager for the Suns and still has real contacts with the organization, so I tend to take his thoughts on this as being more factual than a lot of his other takes. He could be wrong, but it does seem like a calculated move. Why would it be a U and an N, especially when it also looks like a V and an S?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Now take this as you will, but Espo said it was the v and the s. He's the former Marketing manager for the Suns and still has real contacts with the organization, so I tend to take his thoughts on this as being more factual than a lot of his other takes. He could be wrong, but it does seem like a calculated move. Why would it be a U and an N, especially when it also looks like a V and an S?
Because the s was the orange down the middle. So it seemed like there was s u n

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Watching PHX Suns, and they had a guest on that answered my question, you can get undrafted players, develop them, and then sign them to the roster. That way you don't have to have draft picks to add talent. Are the odds Longer? Yes. But their guest mentioned not only US players, but players from over seas. That widens the search.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Watching PHX Suns, and they had a guest on that answered my question, you can get undrafted players, develop them, and then sign them to the roster. That way you don't have to have draft picks to add talent. Are the odds Longer? Yes. But their guest mentioned not only US players, but players from over seas. That widens the search.
They should use ishbia’s deep wallet and sign every kid not drafted that was projected to be drafted. Ditto international players that are outside the draft.

I have no idea if that’s allowed under second apron.