Suns #1? Wow

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I knew we were getting peoples attention around the league with our fast start but I was SHOCKED to see us at #1 on this weeks power polls.

Seems premature, I mean if we beat LA and New Orleans I would have expected it but I think it's too early to give us this much props.

Oh well, I'll take it, lets stay on top and win these two big games coming up!

GO SUNS!

http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/

Pace: 100.6 (2), Off: 109.1 (5), Def: 103.8 (15)
Most impressive about the Suns' start is that five of their seven games have been on the road. In handing the Celtics their first loss on Friday, they made Boston look like a bad defensive team. Then the Suns got defensive themselves in Washington

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Why is it a surprise? Tied with Boston for the best record in the NBA, and they beat Boston already.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I knew we were getting peoples attention around the league with our fast start but I was SHOCKED to see us at #1 on this weeks power polls.

Seems premature, I mean if we beat LA and New Orleans I would have expected it but I think it's too early to give us this much props.

Oh well, I'll take it, lets stay on top and win these two big games coming up!

GO SUNS!

http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/

Pace: 100.6 (2), Off: 109.1 (5), Def: 103.8 (15)
Most impressive about the Suns' start is that five of their seven games have been on the road. In handing the Celtics their first loss on Friday, they made Boston look like a bad defensive team. Then the Suns got defensive themselves in Washington

The "under the radar" consolation is that no one, even the people who made the rankings don't expect us to stay there. Look at the espn discussions about the Suns being #4 in their rankings.

Last edited:

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah it was a sweet week with the cardinals beating the bears, and the suns now number one in the powerrankings if we manage to somehow beat la in their house than that would just be amazing :). But it's so much more fun watching the suns play them oldselves without shaq slowing us down.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
You have to question those experts anyway... It was obvious we were going to win 50+ easily again by running and gunning. Look at our roster we still have all that talent and they question whether we could run? That is so silly..
The problem is it won't last through 3 playoff series, let alone 4.

I think we can easily beat anyone in the West in the playoffs except LA so if LA finishes #1 and we finish #2 or the other way around which isn't unlikely if we stay healthy that would be the WCF matchup that I expect.

I only see Denver and Dallas on par with us and below the Lakers. But I like us against both Denver and Dallas.

Is Portland better than us? No.
San Antonio? No they look horrible anyway much worse than ever before, Tim Duncan looks like he is ready to retire.
Utah? They have trouble making the playoffs even as it looks right now.
Houston? They are a gimmick team and Adelman somehow manages to squeeze wins out of that roster.
Denver? They are the closest but traditionally they haven't looked good against us in recent years from what I remember.
Dallas? Same, I don't fear them for whatever reasons. Kidd and Marion are only shells of what they once were.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Not just spurs/denver/dallas I also really want to see if the stuggling NOH still has our number tomorrow.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
San Antonio? No they look horrible anyway much worse than ever before, Tim Duncan looks like he is ready to retire.
Taking the Spurs lightly is exactly what they (Popovich) want you to do. They don't care how well they play in November. They will tune it up in March and be ready to step on your throat in April/May. They do this every year.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Not just spurs/denver/dallas I also really want to see if the stuggling NOH still has our number tomorrow.

Ya, Paul vs Nash, that's the begin and end of our struggle against NO. I'd like to see we get smart and put Dragic on Paul and rest Nash enough to make a final push in crunch time.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sure hope the Suns can take care of business tomorrow, because it is going to be tough playing against a Laker team that is playing their first game of the week.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Looks like Bynum will play in that game Thursday, but Pau Gasol probably will not. And Bynum just started practicing after an injury yesterday, so he may be limited.

If there was a good time to beat the Lakers, Thursday may be it.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Taking the Spurs lightly is exactly what they (Popovich) want you to do. They don't care how well they play in November. They will tune it up in March and be ready to step on your throat in April/May. They do this every year.

Exactly. This is at least the fifth year in a row that everyone has called the Spurs finished early in the season.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Exactly. This is at least the fifth year in a row that everyone has called the Spurs finished early in the season.

I was thinking the same thing. Great start for the suns, but i'm not sure this automatically puts us in the WCF against LA. At least the overreacting is going the other way for a change. We still have a lot of season to go, and if we made the playoffs we still don't know how we will play then.

I'm hoping things continue as they are. Great start so far.

chickenhead

Reaction score
I don't count out the Spurs until they are out. Until they are eliminated from the playoffs, they are a contender.

I'm also not making any predictions about the Suns after less than 10 games, either. But I will say, the possibility of home court for at least one round does have some appeal to it, compared to the first round matchup with LA that a lot of people have predicted (which of course could still happen).

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't count out the Spurs until they are out. Until they are eliminated from the playoffs, they are a contender.

I'm also not making any predictions about the Suns after less than 10 games, either. But I will say, the possibility of home court for at least one round does have some appeal to it, compared to the first round matchup with LA that a lot of people have predicted (which of course could still happen).

It could happen, but I don't expect LA to fall that far down! :)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Besides has anybody been watching Richard Jefferson? OMG that guy is a stud. When this team is 100% it will be a force to be reckoned with. I thought before the season it would come down to the Lakers/Spurs in the Western Conference Finals.