Summer League 2018

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I really like that all teams will be represented. I wonder if the SLC and Orlando summer leagues will still happen. Were there others as well?

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Wow! Those are going to be two highly anticipated games!

They also play Orlando, so all three games before the tournament are must-sees for Summer League fans.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow! Those are going to be two highly anticipated games!

They also play Orlando, so all three games before the tournament are must-sees for Summer League fans.

I can see the draft being won or lost by these summer league match-ups. :p

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing Jackson and Reed as well as the guys selected from this week.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ahh the summer league... my least favorite NBA annual tradition. A competitive joke where I pray my team's players don't either get injured or embarrass themselves.

I think my least favorite part of the Summer league is the virtually unlimited fouls. Part of the supposed reasoning for these laughable exhibitions is that they want to let players get used to NBA officiating... meanwhile players can foul like 10 times before fouling out.

I freaking hate exhibitions.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love summer league and always have but im a basketball junkie. My eyes will be on Chriss again this year I expect him to flat out dominate but if he comes out like last year then just cut him.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like watching summer league each year but I'm not sure I want to see our number one pick play in it - unless Nike has a full body bubble wrap uniform in Ayton's size.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like watching summer league each year but I'm not sure I want to see our number one pick play in it - unless Nike has a full body bubble wrap uniform in Ayton's size.

He's signing with Puma and that scares the hell out of me

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's signing with Puma and that scares the hell out of me

Yeah, I saw on First Take this morning that he and Bagley signed with Puma (and Jay Z). I just used Nike because they have the NBA uniform rights (don't know if that includes summer league though).

But why are you concerned about the signing?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw on First Take this morning that he and Bagley signed with Puma (and Jay Z). I just used Nike because they have the NBA uniform rights (don't know if that includes summer league though).

Last big guy to sign with puma was Vince Carter and he paid 13 million dollars to get out of that contract because they hurt his feet.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I enjoy summer but I mostly follow it to see how the later draft picks play and to find sleeper players.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Eh. It's like your grandparents covering their sofa with plastic. Gotta let him out there and compete. He hasn't shown himself to be injury prone thus far.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh. It's like your grandparents covering their sofa with plastic. Gotta let him out there and compete. He hasn't shown himself to be injury prone thus far.

Oh, well allow me to retort. I'm fine if my grandparents want to suit up for summer league but I'll be damned if I'd risk my "FUTURE" against scrubs fighting for a roster spot. But that's just me.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh, well allow me to retort. I'm fine if my grandparents want to suit up for summer league but I'll be damned if I'd risk my "FUTURE" against scrubs fighting for a roster spot. But that's just me.
Exactly. Just like NFL preseason, "oh, our starting tackle just got rolled up at the knees by someone from Acorn State... wonderful."

We know Ayton is the future and will probably get near starting minutes from day one, summer league can only effect that via catastrophe.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the Suns will briefly preview Ayton in summer league and then sit him for the remainder of the games.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I didn't like that his reasoning was "they know how to market entertainers"

Your top priority is basketball not entertaining.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have my room comped for 3 days for the first round of the playoffs. Flight is $55 out and $80 back. I love watching top prospects up close (no seats are assigned)

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I love summer league and always have but im a basketball junkie. My eyes will be on Chriss again this year I expect him to flat out dominate but if he comes out like last year then just cut him.
Highly doubt Chriss will be playing.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Do you think Chriss will be on the Summer League team? I'd be surprised if our 3rd year players end up on that team. We have too many questions to answer with our guards that playing Bender and Chriss in Summer League won't do much. They'll make the team, barring a trade. I can't see either doing that great there and subpar performances from them would kill their trade value. We need to figure out who are young guards will be, so we'll send down #16, #31, and #59 with Reed, Harrison, and possibly Ulis, but I'd be surprised if Ulis played very much at all in the SL.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know who we'll send but I'd be fine with including Chriss, Bender, Ulis, Shaq, Reed, Peters and any draft pick not selected at number one. Especially if number one is a true big man as they gain very little from summer league IMO.