Steve Keim taking an indefinite, health-related leave of absence

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be honest, I just don't buy health reasons. Even my mom, who has the purest heart of anyone I know (which was obviously not passed down to Ouchie and I) said this all smells REAL funny coming on the heels of one catastrophe after another this season, with the capper coming on MNF.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I'll be honest, I just don't buy health reasons. Even my mom, who has the purest heart of anyone I know (which was obviously not passed down to Ouchie and I) said this all smells REAL funny coming on the heels of one catastrophe after another this season, with the capper coming on MNF.
ya never know. Hit 50 and stress affects you differently sometimes.

either way, best wishes to steve in his future endeavors....Mike needs to get on the ball and start interviewing GM.s, a ship without a captain is in deep water

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
I remember the Tupa years. This seems much crazier to me. Back then we were just a bad team with a horrible roster. This year has been non-stop chaos on so many levels. I mean, one of our players died during training camp, and nobody even really mentions it anymore.

Let's go a level deeper here.

If our roster was so bad that we had to rely on an actual punter to start at quarterback, who in the hell was our BACKUP quarterback????

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If you go back to Keim's press conference after the DUI, he never did say anything about getting clean and sober. He did an excellent job of dancing around it, talked about the embarassment he caused for the organization and his family. But never once suggested that he would attempt to get sober or cut back on drinking. So if he entered rehab on his own, that would be a really big step.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

If our roster was so bad that we had to rely on an actual punter to start at quarterback, who in the hell was our BACKUP quarterback????
I recall a long day at SDS watching the Tom Tupa quarterbacked Cards get pasted by Elway and the Broncos around Christmastime 1989. The Denver fans in the stadium and, afterwards, in the Tempe eateries and bars were ecstatic (they’d get their comeuppance in the SB v. SF a few weeks later). Anyway, yeah, we were bad then. Really, really bad. Perhaps it was a very green Tim Rosenbach who served as the backup that day?

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I recall a long day at SDS watching the Tom Tupa quarterbacked Cards get pasted by Elway and the Broncos around Christmastime 1989. The Denver fans in the stadium and, afterwards, in the Tempe eateries and bars were ecstatic (they’d get their comeuppance in the SB v. SF a few weeks later). Anyway, yeah, we were bad then. Really, really bad. Perhaps it was a very green Tim Rosenbach who served as the backup that day?

I was at that game too, I didn’t remember Tupa playing so had to look it up. Hogeboom & Rosenbach were QBs that day.

That was some bad football. 101 yards of total offense.

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
I was at that game too, I didn’t remember Tupa playing so had to look it up. Hogeboom & Rosenbach were QBs that day.

Lol. Man. Some things never change. 22 rush yards?!

Imagine if Elway hasn't thrown 2 picks.

Guess it would have looked closer to the 0-56 SEA game....

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I had forgotten about that game. Yeah, that was an awful day and that is probably where my deep dislike of the Broncos and their fans comes from.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Um, me? I better be a pocket passer, though, 'cause let me tell you, I didn't have wheels before age and massive lower leg/ankle/foot injuries crippled me lol

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Interesting breaking news for sure. Not going to jump to conclusions to quickly as this may play out much different than we think. Black Monday will be interesting to see who survives. Free agency doesn't start till March. Lots can and will happen between now and then.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Agree. The health angle is pure BS. I just fear they are still going to try and bring him back at a later date when the storm blows over.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I want to point out that if the collective bargaining and revenue sharing rules were the same today as they were in the 80’s and 90’s we’d likely be just as bad as we were back then.

Hiring proven losers like Kliff and retaining bums like Keim for a decade are pretty similar in terms of odd dysfunctional behavior that we saw under Bill Bidwill.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Why in hell did Denver rub it in by having a trick play by Bobby Humphrey tossing a TD pass up like they were?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave