Steve Keim taking an indefinite, health-related leave of absence

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If VJ is the pick, and with Wilks's lawsuit, MB won't have the stones to fire him after one (likely even two) years.

My fear is it'll be protracted to fini$h the previou$ contract$.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
good two-fer here -- that Keim is out, but the org probably has to park him for a while due to employment laws

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
good two-fer here -- that Keim is out, but the org probably has to park him for a while due to employment laws

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Baloney on the employment laws. I work in addictions and it doesn't make a damn bit of difference if you're in rehab or on the street ripping and running--any employer can can you because you will have given them cause. Late for meetings, showing up drunk, getting arrested for DUI, etc, are all a pattern an employer can use as fireable offenses.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Baloney on the employment laws. I work in addictions and it doesn't make a damn bit of difference if you're in rehab or on the street ripping and running--any employer can can you because you will have given them cause. Late for meetings, showing up drunk, getting arrested for DUI, etc, are all a pattern an employer can use as fireable offenses.
FWIW: as someone who has gone through some employment contract related drama for my employer at the time

Keim may have been in that grey area where he checked the boxes for doing his job, but everyone around him could tell whatever issues he had were negatively impacting him

add in that "addiction" is now generally considered a medical disability --- I could very well see an employment law attorney concluding that the team couldn't term for cause

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
It’s a bit different with a very public billion dollar business. I’m sure MB’s attorneys are telling him to do full CYA process.

Stout

Reaction score
It’s a bit different with a very public billion dollar business. I’m sure MB’s attorneys are telling him to do full CYA process.
I can see the attorneys telling him that, yes. I suppose the high profile case here does impact the process. It's just I have a very difficult time believing the team doesn't have the cause to fire him for cause, which would make any attempt at a lawsuit utterly futile. They CAN fire him, IMO; they're trying to find a different way, probably.

Stout

Reaction score
FWIW: as someone who has gone through some employment contract related drama for my employer at the time

Keim may have been in that grey area where he checked the boxes for doing his job, but everyone around him could tell whatever issues he had were negatively impacting him

add in that "addiction" is now generally considered a medical disability --- I could very well see an employment law attorney concluding that the team couldn't term for cause
Perhaps!

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
They need to follow the lead from a few years ago when the washington, then Redskins, had a similar issue with their general manager. His name is escaping me at the moment, but he was a really good general manager who just could not get over his alcohol demons.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am very certain that Keim filed for FMLA. FMLA is in effect for 12 weeks. It's not 12 weeks yet since he went on leave. Employers cannot fire someone when they are in FMLA.

I believe they worked on a severance package to get him to resign.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard