Steve Keim on the Herd today

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
He's pretty good on camera and he's a long-time NFL GM. It's going to be hard to find a more relevant guest if you're looking for an NFL insider-type.
The guy does have good relationships around the league. After all the guy who buys shots and lap dances for everyone at 3am at industry functions generally is pretty popular.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The guy does have good relationships around the league. After all the guy who buys shots and lap dances for everyone at 3am at industry functions generally is pretty popular.
I’ll be interested to see if Tim Dalton of the Cards media relations team is around this time next year. Top enabler.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The way he took advantage of a bad owner for so long despite building bad rosters and partying might be some 4D chess type shiz. Now he’s doing national interviews when he knows the court of public opinion is firmly against Bidwill because of the losing, facilities, reports of troubling behavior etc etc etc… It’s quite incredible really. Steve Keim might be a genius.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Anyone whitewashing Keim‘s tenure is completely delusional. Just today a buddy of mine and I laughed about how the guy used three separate top 15 picks on middle linebackers except none of which could actually play that position.
Technically incorrect because Bucannon was pick 27 and Collins pick 16, but yeah three first rounders on those guys?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe franchise tags would come into play after year 5.
That's fair I suppose. No 'franchise' QB has been tagged in over 10 years, so I didn't even really consider it an option.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you mean we could have been successful in the league if Kyler took Keim to the strip club? Things that they don't teach you in rookie camp I guess.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
That's fair I suppose. No 'franchise' QB has been tagged in over 10 years, so I didn't even really consider it an option.
What are you talking about? Lamar Jackson was tagged last offseason. Dak was given the franchise tag in 2020.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are you talking about? Lamar Jackson was tagged last offseason. Dak was given the franchise tag in 2020.
I should have been more clear. Work and ASFN don't mix sometimes.
Burque was talking about having an extra 3+ years of control on Kyler Murray before he signed his contract. What I meant to say is that no player has been franchised twice in a row since then. (There was that debate with Brees on if he had been franchised twice or three times, with once in San Diego) I could even be remembering that wrong that might have only been once in a row as well because he signed a deal after his 2nd in a row instead of playing out on the tag? My memory isn't anywhere near the trap door that cheese's is, at least not anymore.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I should have been more clear. Work and ASFN don't mix sometimes.
Burque was talking about having an extra 3+ years of control on Kyler Murray before he signed his contract. What I meant to say is that no player has been franchised twice in a row since then. (There was that debate with Brees on if he had been franchised twice or three times, with once in San Diego) I could even be remembering that wrong that might have only been once in a row as well because he signed a deal after his 2nd in a row instead of playing out on the tag? My memory isn't anywhere near the trap door that cheese's is, at least not anymore.
Kirk Cousins was given the Franchise tag in consecutive years in 2016-2017.