Steelers defense this, Steelers defense that.....

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
All we are hearing about mostly (and rightfully so) is that vaunted Steelers defense. I believe or O is gonna have a great game, but I also think since the D is getting mostly disrespected, they just might have the game of their lives. I was getting really mad listening about the Steelers D and thought to myself if I was out there they would have to shoot me to stop me! Hope our D players feel the same......

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
All we are hearing about mostly (and rightfully so) is that vaunted Steelers defense. I believe or O is gonna have a great game, but I also think since the D is getting mostly disrespected, they just might have the game of their lives. I was getting really mad listening about the Steelers D and thought to myself if I was out there they would have to shoot me to stop me! Hope our D players feel the same......

I imagine the Steeler fans are sick of hearing about our offense as well.

That's what makes this game so interesting. The NFL's best offense against the NFL's best defense with refs that won't favor one over the other.

I can't wait.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This game like many others will come down to turnovers, but in addition to that, defense.
Rothlidouchebag will hit a couple of long passes, but if we can keep pressure on him and keep him contained, he will make a couple of big mistakes.

I think we are going to see a game much like the Eagle game.

Steeler SChuck

Veteran
Reaction score
Don't worry. You won't be coming back here next week to take your medicine.

I've said it before, If we win - I'm coming back not to rub it in but to post a cordial congrats.

If, in the one in a million chance we lose, I'll be back for a day or two to take my lumps.

Write it down.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've said it before, If we win - I'm coming back not to rub it in but to post a cordial congrats.

If, in the one in a million chance we lose, I'll be back for a day or two to take my lumps.

Write it down.

Don't bother. We'll be to busy celebrating to acknowlege the blithering idiotic rhetoric that you have brought to our site already.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I can't wait to read all the excuses here this time next week.

Why don't you just save some time, write them all down now, then read them after the game and tearstain that paper while the Cardinals celebrate their big win.

That will save us aaaaall a lot of time.

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
do you guys deep down actually think the cardinals are gonna win? or are you just hoping?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm pretty confident they will win. The Steeler O and Cards D are basically going to wash each other out.

The Cardinal D is on fire, disrespected and angry, playing great ball right now. The Steeler offense is not impressive, their running game is worse than the Cards, and Ben's biggest weakness is our biggest strength. He's going to get hit...a lot. And an opportunistic defense like ours will take advantage. Kurt won't get hit, because he's got a super quick release.

Add to that, Anquan Boldin is going to have all the room he needs with Pittsburgh focused on Fitz.

And Whis and Grimm know player tendancies for your team.

The result will be the same as it was when we played the Steelers last year. A Cardinals win. We are ten times the team we were then...the Steelers are only 4 times the team they were then.

Last edited:

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
reading some posts in other threads you all don't seem too confident..

i think the steelers fans on the steelers board are way over confident.. but i don't see much confidence on this board..

with that being said go STEEL

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cards fans are confident, but we don't run around talking about how the world should lick our o-rings.

Instead we like to talk about how much we suck...how we don't deserve to be in the playoffs. Worst playoff team ever, and all that.

We are fairly laid back, enjoying the ride.

We know the hell that is about to be unleashed on the Steelers in Tampa....we don't have to talk a gang of crap about it.

Tampa beware. Steelers beware. We're coming, we're coming, WE'RE COMING.

Steeler SChuck

Veteran
Reaction score
Cards fans are confident, but we don't run around talking about how the world should lick our o-rings.

Instead we like to talk about how much we suck...how we don't deserve to be in the playoffs. Worst playoff team ever, and all that.

We are fairly laid back, enjoying the ride.

We know the hell that is about to be unleashed on the Steelers in Tampa....we don't have to talk a gang of crap about it.

Tampa beware. Steelers beware. We're coming, we're coming, WE'RE COMING.

I hope you're not betting a lot of that A$FN cash on the Cards. It's a pretty nice little chip you got there, wouldn't want to see you tank it.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
If defense wins championships, why have the last 2 SB winners had the worse D?
Also, if first round byes are good why has only one team that had a first round by beat a team that played in the wild card round (NE over Carolina) this decade. 3 times, two teams with first round byes met, and the other 4 times, a wild card team beat a team with a first round bye. Doesn't look good for the Steelers.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
ima, I swear I was gonna post about the same thing. Enough already! I would love for us to shred the hell out of that D en rout to the blowout that Strahan said could happen.

SteelersDave

Reaction score
The Giants had a bad defense last year? IIRC they were pretty stout. Basically 2/3 have been won by good defense. Even when the Colts won it, it was their defense stepping up, not Peyton. Maybe that will bode well for you as your defense has stepped it up at the right time. I do not think for a second your offense will shred ours though....you will make some plays, but no way you dominate it.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I imagine the Steeler fans are sick of hearing about our offense as well.

It really is funny, because both fans are thinking the same thing. On Pitt Boards I have seen threads doing the same thing we are, posts of "why is ESPN all over Fitz Jock", "anyone else tired of hearing about Kurt Warner", and so on.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
The Giants had a bad defense last year? IIRC they were pretty stout. Basically 2/3 have been won by good defense. Even when the Colts won it, it was their defense stepping up, not Peyton. Maybe that will bode well for you as your defense has stepped it up at the right time. I do not think for a second your offense will shred ours though....you will make some plays, but no way you dominate it.

Your D is solid and your right , so is ours. This game is not about our offense against your defense. Other factors will determine the outcome mtl.

While your D is overall solid, there were some hikups along the way. Your second half the schedule was favorable and you conquered SD,Cinn,Dal,Cle w/o too much resistance. But Indy put 24 on you at Heinz and Tenn. racked up 31 while their leading rusher a rookie only garnered 70 yds.I'm pretty sure that Edge is gonna get that this game.

Last edited:

SteelCityMom

Rookie
Reaction score
Your D is solid and your right , so is ours. This game is not about our offense against your defense. Other factors will determine the outcome mtl.

While your D is overall solid, there were some hikups along the way. Your second half the schedule was favorable and you conquered SD,Cinn,Dal,Cle w/o too much resistance. But Indy put 24 on you at Heinz and Tenn. racked up 31 while their leading rusher a rookie only garnered 70 yds.I'm pretty sure that Edge is gonna get that this game.

Yeah, either Edge or Hightower will get about 70 (give or take), that's about average for what the Steelers D has given up to good RB's this season.

The only hickup on D that really happened this year was against Tenn. IMO. The Colts game (which was a 4 point loss) was really due to Ben throwing 2 costly INT's within the Colt's 20...I know it's a loss, but the D played extremely well that game, they can't play offense AND defense. Parker was out for that game as well, definitely didn't help at all. The D was just plain tired for the Tenn. game I think, after coming off of playing SD, Cincy, NE, Dallas and Balt.

LukesDad88

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, either Edge or Hightower will get about 70 (give or take), that's about average for what the Steelers D has given up to good RB's this season.

The only hickup on D that really happened this year was against Tenn. IMO. The Colts game (which was a 4 point loss) was really due to Ben throwing 2 costly INT's within the Colt's 20...I know it's a loss, but the D played extremely well that game, they can't play offense AND defense. Parker was out for that game as well, definitely didn't help at all. The D was just plain tired for the Tenn. game I think, after coming off of playing SD, Cincy, NE, Dallas and Balt.

In all fairness, regarding the Tennessee game, there were alot of different formations out there by Pittsburgh on both offensive and defensive sides of the ball. Lebeau was asked if he was trying to hoodwink the Titans before the playoffs, and he just smiled and winked. Never said a word.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We are the hottest team heading in but Steelers are favored because of history, the same as Philly & Carolina were. It will play out on the field and we know, KNOW the players feel good and confident in their ability to be anyone. I hope the Steelers take us lightly it could be extremely one sided if they do, I don't think they will they know we are a good hot team. I beleive we will still win this game it will just be a little closer than I like and we will all be very stressed out late in the 4th....but we will win! Go Cards!!!

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
We are the hottest team heading in but Steelers are favored because of history, the same as Philly & Carolina were. It will play out on the field and we know, KNOW the players feel good and confident in their ability to be anyone. I hope the Steelers take us lightly it could be extremely one sided if they do, I don't think they will they know we are a good hot team. I beleive we will still win this game it will just be a little closer than I like and we will all be very stressed out late in the 4th....but we will win! Go Cards!!!

A lot of people are overlooking the fact that the Cards are a veteran football team. That is huge in postseason play and amidst a media circus like the Super Bowl.

Keep 'em kool Kurt!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard