State Of The Team

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Garthshort, May 4, 2021.

1. Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky Registered

I know we do, Kennard will free up even more though.

2. QuebecCard

QuebecCard Registered

Golden is weak against the run; Kennard isn't.

If not Kennard, who is your primary backup OLB?

Cardsfaninlouky and daves like this.
  3. BritCard

BritCard Registered

The more I think about it the more I think the Falcon's keep Hurst unless they get a great offer like the 2nd round pick they gave up for him.

Arthur Smith played the 2nd most 12 personnel in the league last year so there's going to be a bunch of 2 TE formations.

4. Nate

Nate Registered

This. He has high Play action ratio as well, which works well with double TE sets where the TEs are good ball catchers.

5. Chopper0080

Chopper0080 2021 - Prove It

And that is fair. I would argue that Seattle has lost more than it has added and it was a fringe team last year. Rams have lost talent but upgraded at QB. IF they can keep Stafford upright I feel it is fair to consider them the front runner. SF has lived and died by Jimmy's health. We have struggled due to limited coaching (or execution) and talent. We have upgraded the talent and now we get to see if it was the players or the coaches.

Goldfield and daves like this.
  6. Chopper0080

You say this but the Rams best personnel groupings is 11 personnel. Rams chose to let Everett go and add another WR behind Van Jefferson.

The 49ers best group is 12 personnel but they will alternate between 12 and 11 personnel to use JuiceCheck and Sanu over 2nd TE Charlie Woerner.

And, I am not counting on Alford for anything other than the IR so ultimately, Murphy will start IMO.

Regarding WR, I agree that we have the best and then the 8th best WR in our conference right now. That isn't so different than what the Rams have in the secondary on defense though.

Again, I understand if people believe coaching will hold this team back. I understand if people don't believe Kyler can elevate AJ Green, Kirk, and Moore to be above average offensive weapons. I can understand if people don't believe we added enough players this offseason or that our roster is a house of cards waiting to fall due to age. All valid concerns. But the other stuff just feels like people are frustrated because we don't have top 16 talent at every position on the field and then a top 32 guy backing them up.

daves, QuebecCard and Krangthebrain like this.
  7. football karma

football karma Happy in the pretense of knowledge

some perspective: the Cards arent alone in terms of what goes to DHop vs the rest of the WR corps

Garthshort likes this.
  8. Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky Registered

The outside one just drafted from Duke. He'll give us as much as Kennard & maybe more? The staff really likes him.

9. juza76

juza76 Registered

I guess they liked every picks they made

10. Garthshort

Garthshort Registered User

louky, I usually agree with most of your posts. And while I can't say you're wrong, but to compare the Duke guy (forgot how to spell his name) to Kennard is just a guess by you and our staff. I hope you both are correct, but I also root for Kennard like I rooted for his father. Time will tell and I hope the team waits until after rookie camp to make a move. And that includes:
    1. Cost saving cuts.
    2. CB
    3. RB
    4. TE
    Hope we then have a more informed appraisal of where we stand.

daves likes this.
  11. QuebecCard

QuebecCard Registered

I'm not going to trust the job at this point to someone you can't name. ;)

After this season, he (Victor Dimukeje) could be the answer.

Cardsfaninlouky likes this.
  12. Chopper0080

I can't see one valid reason to cut Kennard at this point in time.

cardncubfan, kerouac9 and daves like this.
  13. football karma

football karma Happy in the pretense of knowledge

bearish case for each NFL West opponent:

SEA: a suspect defense looks worse rather than better. The offensive coordinator changed, and, it is his first year being an OC. SEA is a pretty avg. offense yardage wise -- 17th overall. They are 8th in points as a result of a top 5 redzone TD 5. Curious to see if this is sustainable or regresses to league average. Big picture: in a league where the gravitational pull is to 8-8: SEA statistically didn't look like a 12 win team and were 8-3 in one score games. I think they regress in terms of win total.

SF: Worst QB in the division, and now one with a bullseye on his back. D Coordinator and key assistants left. For the Cards worries about injury prone players, SF is dealing with the same risk for their best players: Garrapolo, Bosa, Samuel, Verrett, etc.

LAR: lost the defensive coordinator and key pieces of that staff, offensive pass and run game coordinator They had net personnel losses and are questionable at safety and inside linebackers. Overall defensive rankings tend to be the least consistent from year to year, and given their No. 1 rankings in yards and points, there is only one direction to move. The biggest question mark for them: Stafford. Is he a really good qb held back by a bad team, or, a QB who puts up empty numbers and was part of the problem? The Lions were 20th in points and yards last year with: Golliday and Marvin Jones at WR. A first round TE. DeAndre Swift at RB. A good set of tackles, and a very good center. What gives?

Goldfield, Cardiac and Nate like this.
  14. Gandhi

Gandhi Registered

Great post, Garth! Thank you.

I agree on the offensive line. I think that the center-position is generally underrated and that a very good center can lift the overall level on the offensive line tremendously. Do you have concern about the right side, both guard and tackle?

Do you think they will be on Hard Knocks? :)

15. BigRedRage

BigRedRage Reckless Contributor

For example though, the talent disparity from #1 and #2 in seattle is razor thin vs in AZ where it was a wide gap.