State Of The Team

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Garthshort, May 4, 2021.

1. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

I’m hoping to be excited about the season. Right now I’m just worried that we are depending on a lot of dudes on the wrong side of 30, guys with injury histories, and bounce back seasons. Lots of ifs . . .

kerouac9, Cardsmasochist and Stout like this.
  2. Buckybird

Buckybird Hoist the Lombardi Trophy

Improved, yes!

Imo bottom line is our playoff fate will likely come down to health & coaching. With that said, Kliff just isn’t a quality HC in the NFL or college. As long as he’s the Cards HC we are behind the eight ball.

Kliff Kingsbury is the Cards #1 weakness!!!

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  3. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain Captain of Team Murray

I think this team is improved and should win between 10-12 games...my concern is that this team is looks like a one year winner and what happens when next season hits and Keim points at his 12 win season and Bidwell keeps him?

I think the offense should be better with improved offensive line play (addition of Hudson, further maturation of young players, AND subtraction of awful Sweezy), better receivers (I think Green WILL be better than Fitz was and Moore will produce at least a half dozen, big chunk plays), and a better RB (yes I think Conner will be an improvement on third and short and overall will get the yards that are there more often). Tight end is the only position that is weaker and Dan Arnold was pretty damn inconsistently used, so I don't think it matters much.

The season can be derailed by IFs, but that can be said for most teams.

4. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

We’re just relying on a LOT more of them than is typical of successful teams.

Solar7 and Stout like this.
  5. speedy

speedy the medic

Athletic linebackers are the key on defense.

ive said it now in a couple of threads: Dansby/dwash patrolled the field.

Those 2 had a stretch that made our defense scary. I remember a few games they shut teams down: annihilated offenses.

Isaiah and zaven are going to be better than those 2.

phillycard, Morty, jf-08 and 4 others like this.
  6. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

I really would have loved to see those two guys flanked by Jones with Reddick’s speed off the edge. I think that would have been a whirling dervish that could have wreaked havoc on offenses with every tool in the shed... power, strength and speed.

hell, being 14 million under the cap, in an ALL IN year, we still could have afforded Reddick’s salary this year without having lost anyone else we picked up. And then we could have cut Kennard June 1st to still make even more room to get a solid CB #2. This D could have just thrown wave after wave at the QB with having great depth.

7. Stout

Stout Hold onto the ball, Murray!

8-9 wins. 10 if we're luckier than we should be with injuries.

8. BritCard

BritCard Registered

Even with the extra game?

9. Garthshort

Garthshort Registered User

As I wrote if it's eight or nine, KK will be gone, and possibly SK. I just see us winning more than ten. We're all just guessing.

10. QuebecCard

QuebecCard Registered

Good stuff!

BIDWILL.

11. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

Look at the deficiencies on this team. First defense.
    Cb. Alford. We are counting on friggin Alford as our #1 cb.
    Suddenly a rookie mlb is going to be all pro without even putting on a jersey?
    Suddenly Watts is going to be healthy for an entire year?
    CJ will absolutely bounce back to his all pro form? Remember until his injury he was a ghost.
    VJ. Suddenly he will become a
    Premier DC?

Offense.
    RB. Two running backs that are NOT capable of playing 17 games. Of course we have Ward who obviously is headed to Canton based on his ONE play last year. Guess we were keeping him as our secret weapon for the 2021 season.
    QB. I think Murray will improve again this year but god forbid he misses ANY games. Colt McCoy???? I believe any team that loses their starting QB will struggle, but Colt McCoy???
    WR. We are counting on Green to be rejuvenated after coming off perhaps his worse season?Not to mention missing the prior year and a terrible season before that. He hasn’t been a threat since 2017. If Hopkins gets hurt we become a Ford Pinto offense.
    Rondale Moore. Here’s hoping he turns into the guy from 2018. Cause if he doesn’t this wr room is no better than last year.
    Coaching. Believe it or not I think Kliff is “ ok”. Perhaps because the nightmares that still linger from Wilks. A different FG kicker would have gotten us into the playoffs. I don’t think Kingsbury will be the reason we fail.
    The West. It’s no accident the Rams, Seahawks and 49ers are ranked 7,8,9 in power rankings and we are 16. I know power rankings doesn’t mean crap but it does show perception.

On paper this club appears to have improved but its built on a foundation of toothpicks.

I’ve been a perennial kool -aid drinker for a long time. I am not hoping for doom. I hope I’m not here in December saying I told you so. I will gladly eat a huge serving of crow. But history has shown. When predicting the plight of this team when you see rainbows you will be wrong 95% of the time.

Sorry. I see 6 wins and last place.

Solar7 and Stout like this.
  12. TheCardFan

TheCardFan Things have changed.

We have to play better situational football and figure out how to beat the Rams.

If we do those two things, we should make the playoffs.

Jetstream Green, daves and Stout like this.
  13. Stout

Stout Hold onto the ball, Murray!

Yes.

14. TRW

TRW Registered

Could be 11-6 or could be 6-11. The AARP guys need to stay healthy. Can the 2 RBs play a majority of the season? Can KM stay healthy?

Can KK coach his way out of a paper bag? Will he suffer from shrinking sack in big moments again? Can VJ coach and PLAY rookies?

Can their corners cover anyone?? Or will they be guys off the street by the middle of the season?

Can Isabella....oh hell, never mind....

I lean toward a heartbreaking 6-11 result. Game day threads should be fun.

15. Chopper0080

Chopper0080 2021 - Prove It

I feel like I am skeptical as any about this team but this seems overblown.

Regarding the NFC West...I question those who feel like we have more question marks than any other team in our division.

Rams - go look at the OL and their defensive personnel outside of their front 4 and Jalen Ramsey. Also, new DC.

Seattle - again, look at their OL and they have a new OC. Also, their defensive personnel is the worst in the division.

49ers - First time DC and have a rookie behind the fragile Jimmy G. Their secondary is as or more questionable than ours.

So, we have arguably the best OL, the 2nd best QB, the best WR, the 2nd best interior DL player, arguably the best edge player, the best LB corp, arguably the best S, and maybe the 2nd best CB.

Goldfield, wa52lz, Billy Bob and 7 others like this.