Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Episode VII)

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey man, don't judge me! :D

It was Christmas, my wife was sick, then I was sick, and everything's been spoiled (for the most part) already, and I won't go see a movie alone.

Maybe this weekend?

Let me guess..... The dog ate your homework, too!!!

No more excuses, young man!!! Get your arse out there and see this movie!!!!

:D

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone else slightly disappointed with John Williams score? There is no real memorable music like in all the previous movies (including the prequels), at least not to me,

I bought the sound track and finally listened to it a couple times. I like the opening track and the finale track but those are just really rehashes of the originals. However, I really thought Rey's Theme was excellent and The Scavenger is pretty good as well.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
There must be something wrong with me. I didn't find it anywhere near as awesome as others have. I think Phantom Menace was better. It was much better than Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith though.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There must be something wrong with me. I didn't find it anywhere near as awesome as others have. I think Phantom Menace was better. It was much better than Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith though.

There must be.:D

TFA<TPM?!?! Wait what?!?!!?
AOTC & ROTS<TPM?!?!?

What universe are we in right now?

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I bought the sound track and finally listened to it a couple times. I like the opening track and the finale track but those are just really rehashes of the originals. However, I really thought Rey's Theme was excellent and The Scavenger is pretty good as well.
The whole sound track seemed off not having the Empire scores in it.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted, but I thought it had some good insight.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted, but I thought it had some good insight.

That was pretty good. A lot of those I noticed but some I had no idea about.

One nod to the prequels that I noticed on my second viewing of TFA was during the escape from Jakku in the Falcon. Rey had to position the ship so that Finn could fire the damaged cannon and then punch it just before crashing into the sand. She basically did the same move that Anakin did in the pod-racer when he was nudged off the track and had to recover from being shot way up into the sky.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing I am wondering about that video. First I am not convinced that was a grave stone in the background of that scene. However, assuming it was, it would be cool to throw a bone to "extended" universe fans and make that the grave of Mara Jade. Luke's better half and mother of Rey. That would be awesome.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Star Wars Force Awakens available for Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere April 1st. Coming to Blu Ray and DVD April 5th.

Bonus features include*:
  • Secrets of The Force Awakens: A Cinematic Journey – For the first time, discover the complete story behind the making of The Force Awakens, revealed through in-depth footage and exclusive interviews with the actors and filmmakers in this feature documentary
  • The Story Awakens: The Table Read – Cast members familiar and new reflect on the memorable day they all first came together to read the movie’s script
  • Building BB-8 – See how the filmmakers brought the newest droid to the screen, creating an instant fan favorite in the Star Wars universe
  • Crafting Creatures – Watch movie magic as the filmmakers bring a cast of new creatures to life
  • Blueprint of a Battle: The Snow Fight – Go deeper into the epic, climactic lightsaber battle between Rey and Kylo Ren
  • John Williams: The Seventh Symphony – The legendary composer shares personal insights of his work on Star Wars and The Force Awakens
  • ILM: The Visual Magic of The Force – An insider’s look into the remarkable digital artistry of the movie’s visual effects.
  • Force For Change – Heroes come in all shapes and sizes. See how the Star Wars: Force for Change initiative has united Star Wars fans all over the globe to help others
  • Plus Deleted Scenes
Note: The 3D version of Star Wars: The Force Awakens will be available later this year.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
By the way..something I hate but it is what it is.

RETAILER EXCLUSIVES
To celebrate the in-home release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Target, Walmart, and Best Buy are each offering fans a retailer-exclusive, uniquely packaged, collectible version of the Star Wars: The Force Awakens Blu-ray Combo Pack. These limited edition releases, seen below, will be packaged as follows:

• TARGET The Target Star Wars: The Force Awakens Blu-ray Combo Pack comes with exclusive packaging and an added 20 minutes of bonus content, including never-before-seen interviews with Daisy Ridley and John Boyega and a deeper look at the movie’s costumes and weaponry
  • WALMART The Walmart Star Wars: The Force Awakens Blu-ray Combo Pack comes with exclusive BB-8 packaging and an exclusive Star Wars Galactic Connexions trading disc
  • BEST BUY The Best Buy Star Wars: The Force Awakens Blu-ray Combo Pack features exclusive SteelBook Packaging

WALMART Exclusive Look:

Best Buy SteelBook:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now I can't decide if I want the SteelBook or the extra 20 minute footage with the Target version. The other thing I am wondering about is a 4K release (which was rumored) and 3d version coming out later this year.

If the 4K version comes out with 3D?!? I will be PO that I bought one of these versions. I am hoping for an announcement soon about that. Either that or I might just end up buying multiple versions. Ultra HD Blu Ray players are going to come out this month but I am sure at to high a price. We shall see.

Last edited:

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
All my movies get streamed HDX straight to my TV through Vudu. Best HD streaming I have found by far. Already have this pre ordered. :)

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Now I can't decide if I want the SteelBook or the extra 20 minute footage with the Target version. The other thing I am wondering about is a 4K release (which was rumored) and 3d version coming out later this year.

If the 4K version comes out with 3D?!? I will be PO that I bought one of these versions. I am hoping for an announcement soon about that. Either that or I might just end up buying multiple versions. Ultra HD Blu Ray players are going to come out this month but I am sure at to high a price. We shall see.
The Target version seems to have the best extra features. I could care less about cases.

As for 3D.. Meh.. Saw it in IMAX and regular and there wasn't enough of a difference to matter.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now playing at Pollack Tempe Cinemas for $3 (only $2 on Tuesdays).

Elliot and McClintock in Tempe.

:jedi:

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Honest Trailer...

Han SoLong and Butthole Eyes... LMAO

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got my Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack from Target.

:jedi:

I picked up mine yesterday. The extras contained a bunch of good insight with some of the choices they made for the film. Good stuff.

Also, I liked some of the deleted scenes. I think they should have kept a couple of them in the movie.