Stanley Cup Playoffs -- Phoenix vs. Detroit

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yandle ties the game 1-1! The place is rockin'. I am envious for those who are there.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Crap, Lidstrom puts the Red Wings back up.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Got a little chippy out there. There's a lot of hitting. Yotes have to control the puck better and get more breaks a ways from turn overs.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
Red Wings taking it to the Coyotes from the git go. Very soft goal given up to start, but the Coyotes are going to have to even up the time on attack to have any chance in this one and the series. Just playing too much time on and not enough on the offensive end. Come on Coyotes!

Last edited:

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wolski ties it at 2. The Coyotes are playing much better this period.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
2-2 at the end of two. Should be an exciting 3rd period.

IAWarnerFan

Reaction score
Better period, but Detroit is still getting too many chances and Phoenix not as much. All square with one period to go. Go Coyotes!

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Bryz lock it down this peroid! Go Yotes!

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good time to start capitalizing on the power play as Morris puts the Coyotes up 3-2 with their second power-play goal of the night.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Coyotes win 3-2!!! What a game. This is going to be a hard-hitting series. That place was electric. I am so jealous to all of you who went. I bet you guys don't have a voice tomorrow. This was such a huge win. Now let's go get them again in game #2.

IAWarnerFan

Reaction score
Pretty much an expected result. I don't like to see uncalled penalties and questionable play and hopefully that can stop after this game. I still feel this series is going at least 6 and could still go either way. Congrats to the Coyotes on the game 1 win. :yotes:

lauraw

"Vincere, Aut Mori" !
Reaction score
Go Yotes!! Anyone know where online this series can be watched?

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
That was unbelievable! Good win and they got those power play goals liked they needed to. I can not wait to go to Friday's game, with a buddy of mine....and my other best friend, a Red Wings fan...haha. Going up 2-0 would be huge; keep that home ice!

lauraw

"Vincere, Aut Mori" !
Reaction score
My TV took a header and The ESPN radio station doesn't think the Yotes worthy...

lauraw

"Vincere, Aut Mori" !
Reaction score
Punch that Wings fan for me, would you? Nasser, some of the company you keep my brother...

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That was unbelievable! Good win and they got those power play goals liked they needed to. I can not wait to go to Friday's game, with a buddy of mine....and my other best friend, a Red Wings fan...haha. Going up 2-0 would be huge; keep that home ice!

You are one lucky SOB. I was going to take Friday off and drive up and buy a scalped ticket but because we are shorthanded at work, I can't take it off.

Great night, the Coyotes win and the Suns beat Utah to get the 3rd seed.:)

Last edited:

Nasser22

Reaction score
It was easy to get the tickets online...definitely go to the website as soon as Game 5 tickets are available (if necessary).

But damn I can see how talented Detroit is...Bryz was huge tonight.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Coyotes were the only home team to win tonight. Could the Sharks lose in the first round again?

Nasser22

Reaction score
Coyotes were the only home team to win tonight. Could the Sharks lose in the first round again?
Doubtful...but hopefully their playoff struggles can begin in the second round. I was surprised to hear NJ lost, but I was impressed with the Flyers in the last game I saw them play.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Doubtful...but hopefully their playoff struggles can begin in the second round. I was surprised to hear NJ lost, but I was impressed with the Flyers in the last game I saw them play.

Ottawa winning at Pittsburgh was more of a surprised. Ottawa is a young team and the Penguins have a lot ofveterans. I still see Pitt winning this series.

As for the Flyers, former Coyote Brian Boucher got the win. This series could easily go seven. Brodeur is still a very good goalie but is long in the tooth.

Nasser22

Reaction score
My mistake then. I just assumed since they had to fight to get into the playoffs in the weaker conference that they'd lose easily to a team that has given up the least goals (right?). Do they just match up well with the Devils?

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
awesome win for the 'yotes tonight

the arena was rocking and they did really well on the special units

lots of good hitting and playoff hockey

need to sustain that desperate energy 60 minutes of every game

i'm really hoping they can get it done

my sharkies on the other hand ........................................

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My mistake then. I just assumed since they had to fight to get into the playoffs in the weaker conference that they'd lose easily to a team that has given up the least goals (right?). Do they just match up well with the Devils?

I would say the only two sure wins would be Washington and Pittsburgh but the Penguins losing tonight was a surprise. I still think Pittsburgh is too talented with Crosby and Malkin to lose to Ottawa.

Flyers and Devils match up well and can go either way.