Stanley Cup Playoffs -- Phoenix vs. Detroit

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Round 1 dates/times for your Phoenix Coyotes below. Get your tickets before the Red Wing fans do (I think games 1 and 2 are already sold out).

Game 1 Wednesday, April 14, 2010 7 p.m. Detroit at Phoenix – TV - TSN, VERSUS
Game 2 Friday, April 16, 2010 7 p.m. Detroit at Phoenix – TV – TSN, VERSUS, FSNAZ
Game 3 Sunday, April 18, 2010 12 p.m. Phoenix at Detroit- TV – TSN, NBC
Game 4 Tuesday, April 20, 2010 3:30 p.m. Phoenix at Detroit- TV – TSN, FSNAZ
Game 5 *Friday, April 23, 2010 7 p.m. Detroit at Phoenix- TV – TSN, VERSUS, FSNAZ
Game 6 *Sunday, April 25, 2010 11 a.m. Phoenix at Detroit- TV – TSN, NBC
Game 7 *Tuesday, April 27, 2010 TBD Detroit at Phoenix- TV – TSN, FSNAZ

Last edited:

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My heart says Coyotes in seven, my brain says Detroit in five. I really hope I am wrong on this one.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Let's get it done and really get some fans hooked on Coyotes hockey! Can't give up any of our good scoring opportunities against this team. Should be some fantastic games in this series.

Edit: I just feel that this team has done so much and this season has been such a good story that they can't lose early... but of course, the emotional story means nothing when it comes to playing the actual games.

Last edited:

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
Thats a tough draw, Detroit is getting healthy at the right time.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
First game is huge. A win could give them some momentum and confidence. Hope to see a total whiteout and no red.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
there will be a lot of detroit fans - but that can't matter

what will matter is discipline and they must do better on their special units - detroit is a hard team to obtain the zone in any scenario - they can easily eat half a power play before you get setup

they will also need to be physical moving some of those big bodies out from in front of bryz

i'm happy my sharks missed detroit in the first round - but upset that you guys have to deal with them

i really hope you beat them and beat them convincingly - SJ had their first real playoff excitement knocking off detroit as an 8 seed many years ago .... hopefully a series win against them will get the 'yotes going as well

my head says wings in 6 though...........

Nasser22

Reaction score
Great TV schedule.... Do we have TSN? eh...

Oh well, about to get tix for Game 2, hopefully will have it for Game 5 as well.

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TSN is in Canada only. FSN should be picking up the broadcasts that aren't listed nationally.

Nasser22

Reaction score
Well I don't have Versus either...oh well:

Section
Row
Seats
K
15 - 17

YEAH!

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
What's that going to do to the whiteout? I have a friend who always give me her tickets when Detroit is here because she doesn't like dealing with them. Hopefully, I won't be getting a call from her and she goes to the games and joins the whiteout.

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
I sure am glad that DirecTV and VS kissed and made up.

Nasser22

Reaction score
Game 1 will be televised on 3TV as well!

Edit: I hope we can surprise here...I had a little debate with a friend today who seemed determined that Phoenix teams are determined to choke in the playoffs because of their history of doing so.

Last edited:

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Nasser if anyone backs out on you with those tickets hit me up! I'll take the tix!

Nasser22

Reaction score
Ok bro, one of my friends might be going with someone else to that game so I'll let you know if I have that extra ticket.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Barry Melrose said tonight he feels bad for the Coyotes. He said they have a great season and they are playing Detroit, a team that can win it all. Every time I think about that meaningless win last week against LA, I get pissed.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Barry Melrose said tonight he feels bad for the Coyotes. He said they have a great season and they are playing Detroit, a team that can win it all. Every time I think about that meaningless win last week against LA, I get pissed.

If the NHL would just seed teams according to the points they earned, Phoenix would be in the three seed and wouldn't have to deal with Detroit.

What's going to happen if Phoenix plays well, but loses the series to Detroit and Los Angeles plays poorly and gets dominated by Vancouver?

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the NHL would just seed teams according to the points they earned, Phoenix would be in the three seed and wouldn't have to deal with Detroit.

What's going to happen if Phoenix plays well, but loses the series to Detroit and Los Angeles plays poorly and gets dominated by Vancouver?

If Phoenix loses to Detroit, it would be somewhat a disappointing way for the season to end. This team has had a great season and now they are playing a #5 seed who is actually probably a #2 seed right now. This is definitely not the same Red Wings team that blew that big lead in the 3rd period to the Coyotes a few months ago. Here are the predictions from the ESPN experts. Let's hope they are all wrong.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=5081696

I am from New Jersey and have followed the Devils since they moved from Colorado and in 1995 they won their first Stanley Cup by sweeping the heavily favored Red Wings. I am staying positive and believe the Coyotes can beat Detroit. The first game is always crucial and a win can really get the momentum going. I really wish I could be there but living in Marana and work prevent it. For all of you guys who will be there, don't let the Detroit fans be heard. Playoff hockey is awesome. Gotta Believe!!! Go Coyotes!!!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
soooooooo bummed i'm missing the first whiteout in 8 years. i was there for every whiteout when they first moved to phx.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard