Stanley Cup Playoffs -- Phoenix vs. Detroit

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exciting game and great win by the Coyotes! Between that game and the Flyers game, I think I lost a few hours of my life.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
awesome awesome awesome. was expecting to see way more red, but on tv it looked like it was a HUGE majority of whiteout!

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I couldn't believe how physical the Coyotes were. They were just man-handling the Redwings, whom i thought were one of the more physical teams in the league. Very nice win and showing by the crowd :)

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
awesome awesome awesome. was expecting to see way more red, but on tv it looked like it was a HUGE majority of whiteout!

It definitely was. Granted, some DRW fans were wearing their white jerseys, but last night was nothing like the regular season games against Detroit. Back then, there were load roars when the Wings took the ice or scored. Last night, it wasn't like that at all. Great effort by the fans, as well as the team. :)

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome game to go to! Great win by the Yotes!

My first White Out and we come home Victorious! Can't wait for Fridays game.

It was great to see the majority of the fans were Coyote fans! Only a smattering of Redwing fans here and there.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
stoked for that win!!!

was great to be at a sports bar and watch the coyotes take game 1 off the vaunted red wings, have the suns lock up the #3 seed-avoid the spurs-avoid the lakers in second round-get a limping portland in first round, and then have the dbacks mount the comeback to beat the dodgers.

SWEET NIGHT!

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
stoked for that win!!!

was great to be at a sports bar and watch the coyotes take game 1 off the vaunted red wings, have the suns lock up the #3 seed-avoid the spurs-avoid the lakers in second round-get a limping portland in first round, and then have the dbacks mount the comeback to beat the dodgers.

SWEET NIGHT!

I was thinking the same thing....shoulda bought a powerball ticket because last night everything went right. :)

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Huge shocker tonight as Montreal beat Washington 3-2 in overtime.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I couldn't believe it when I saw that...probably won't matter, but who knows in the NHL playoffs?

My wings fan friend will not be wearing Red Wings gear tomorrow night and will wear white in support of hockey in AZ...there's a step forward. :p

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yandle puts the Coyotes up 1-0 in the first period.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Detroit takes game two 7-4. Needed to win this game because it will be tough to get a win in Detroit. The Red Wings are a scary team.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
Too many opportunities for Detroit. Not going to win games giving up 6 goals against. I don't think the Coyotes will take 2 out of three in Detroit, so at best this is going to be a 7 game series now.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Too many opportunities for Detroit. Not going to win games giving up 6 goals against. I don't think the Coyotes will take 2 out of three in Detroit, so at best this is going to be a 7 game series now.

The next two games are in Detroit, not three. I'll be happy with one win in Detroit.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
The next two games are in Detroit, not three. I'll be happy with one win in Detroit.
Right and if the Coyotes don't take 2 of the games @ Detroit it's going 7 games now (at best). I was thinking it was 2-3-2 instead of the 2-2-1-1-1 tho, but that doesn't matter much at this point.

Nasser22

Reaction score
I think we can take 2 out of 3 in Detroit, but we have to win Game 3 for that to happen... This loss really hurts, but at least we know we can score on these guys. That was my biggest concern going into the series.

And how about San Jose...almost landed themselves in a huge hole...
Also, I'm wondering why was the Chicago-Nashville Game 1 scheduled for today instead of one of the first two days like everyone else?

Lorenzo

Reaction score
It was so loud when the redwings scored I thought the game was in detroit.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
yeah - a lot of redwings fans in white - a lot of hats on the ice

detroit is dangerous and don't think the joe is an easy place to play - they have very tricky end boards and a sheet that takes some getting used to ...... many teams have suffered at the hands of an odd bounce

i was once again flipping between this and my sharks game - hopefully for game 3 both of our clubs can take one on the road

i am surprised about how many goals the 'yotes are scoring - they need to be more disciplined when trying to be physical to not hit themselves out of position - but they are getting their chances, which can be difficult against detroit

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
All I can say about game two is DDDDDDDDAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNN! :bang::bang::bang:

Nasser22

Reaction score
This one is very important to take control back int he series. I have a basketball game at 12:15, but my friend and I found the nearest sports bar to go to afterwards. Hopefully I don't miss too much of it.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. A win on the road and losing Doan. That is pretty impressive.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Coyotes win game three 4-2 in Detroit, WOW! Coyotes imposed their will on the Wings today and Bryz was amazing at times. VERY impressive victory!

HOOOOOWWWLLLLLLLL