Spurs vs Hornets Series

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
yay!

why was the freakin camera on TD, atleast show the freakin winners.
even my lil sister said that, she knows nothing about nba ball.

cly2tw

Reaction score
CP3 will end up being the best PG all time when all is said and done. He is the complete package, a combination of best traits among KJ, Baron Davis, Peyton, Nash. That's a true revelation!

nikko

Reaction score
CP3 will end up being the best PG all time when all is said and done. He is the complete package, a combination of best traits among KJ, Baron Davis, Peyton, Nash. That's a true revelation!

Magic Johnson ?

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
Amazing win for the Hornets. It's too bad Paul didn't win the MVP. He truly deserved.

Here's hoping for him to show the world who the MVP should have been when facing LA in the West finals.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Magic Johnson ?

Magic was unique. Oscar Robertson was way above his peers. But CP3 is the true PG after we have seen some really good ones in KJ, Nash, Peyton etc. The competition both in the PG position and between teams are much tougher.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
Magic was unique. Oscar Robertson was way above his peers. But CP3 is the true PG after we have seen some really good ones in KJ, Nash, Peyton etc. The competition both in the PG position and between teams are much tougher.

For pure WOW factor.... Pistol Pete?

cly2tw

Reaction score
For pure WOW factor.... Pistol Pete?

Too bad that I never saw him play. But CP3 at PG will have the status like Duncan at PF, the most dominant at the position.:thumbup:

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Typical hornets, I knew they would pull it out the whole time. Seems some people were semi-doubters early on in this thread.

I started to watch the hornets a lot after they beat the suns the third straight time this season, and as long as they are on their game, they are hands down the most all around solid, and thus impossible to beat team in the league right now. Every now and then they would hit 2-3 game losing streaks, but that was just them taking a mental/physical break IMO.

They are NOT bad defensively, having to adjust or having a lazy quarter or two like they started out is not indictive of how they play defense. Because of CP's steals and the team defense (notably on duncan) they are actually one of the better defensive teams in the league. There is no way you can stop the spurs from getting easy layups now and then with the slashers the spurs have, but the hornets did a awesome job in the 3rd and 4th quarters at stopping some of them.

The biggest factor is when the spurs who are maybe a slighty above average 3 point shooting team absolutely light you up, and then the hornets still pull off a double digit victory? What is it going to take for people to take this hornets team seriously? They are the real deal.

If the hornets maintain their focus the next 3 games straight (very difficult), they could actually sweep the spurs.

gdiddy

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to the Hornets. I hope the front office in Phoenix looks beyond the whole "beat San Antonio" mentality. This is why I said that it didn't even matter if we made it past SA; we already had a poor track record against NO and LA.

The whole landscape in the Western conference has changed. But for some idiotic reason, the Suns organization is still stuck in 2005-2007.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Chris Paul is my favourite player today.

He is unbelievable.. but I wouldnt put him ahead of all the elite guards yet... he will be as he builds up his career.

But he is only in his 3rd season.... and he was injured a lot last season.

He is Isaiah Thomas re-incarnated but more skilled... if that makes sense.

Its like the arguments for Duncan as best of all time PF, when he really is a center and stat wise he doesnt really "beat" Barkley, Malone etc... but the rings put him ahead.

Paul will be on the same boat.

And its also like the Bryant/Jordan comparisons, Kobe has the better range, but Jordan trumps him in every other aspects.

So wouldnt be fair to say that Paul and Isaiah comparion the same?

Well, it would be except that, Paul is literally "quicker", "faster", "more skilled" than Isaiah in his prime was. Although Isaiah is a better leader and has higher IQ.. but that IQ comes with experience.

Bryant and Jordan comparison is beaten to death, but quiet simply, except the 3 point range, Jordan matches up with Kobe and is better in every aspects. Athletism, well... you have to factor in the benefits of nutrients and physical science of the last decade that Bryant benefitted in.... Jordan is arguably more athletic if you factor in he didnt benefitted from any physical enhancement or nutrient boosts.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

He is unbelievable.. but I wouldnt put him ahead of all the elite guards yet... he will be as he builds up his career.

Its like the arguments for Duncan as best of all time PF, when he really is a center and stat wise he doesnt really "beat" Barkley, Malone etc... but the rings put him ahead.

And its also like the Bryant/Jordan comparisons, Kobe has the better range, but Jordan trumps him in every other aspects.

Well, it would be except that, Paul is literally "quicker", "faster", "more skilled" than Isaiah in his prime was. Although Isaiah is a better leader and has higher IQ.. but that IQ comes with experience.

Bryant and Jordan comparison is beaten to death, but quiet simply, except the 3 point range, Jordan matches up with Kobe and is better in every aspects. Athletism, well... you have to factor in the benefits of nutrients and physical science of the last decade that Bryant benefitted in.... Jordan is arguably more athletic if you factor in he didnt benefitted from any physical enhancement or nutrient boosts.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
michael jordan?

I have oscar slightly ahead of MJ. But its really hard to compare eras. MJ has the popular vote i believe because he was the first big media/nike guy in the information technology revolution. I know i will get a lot of heat for this opinion but i also imagine a lot of you never actally saw Oscar. You ask the older generation players and see what they say. I mean to avg a triple double over a season... Amazing. But again, it's so difficult to compare generations that saying someone is best all time is a bit of a misnomer.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score

Totally agree on the isah/cp3 comparisons. Very similar players. Well see when CP3 is done. Same with the Kobe/MJ. One must not forget that Kobe is just now in his prime. But again, its so difficult to compare eras. A lot goes into that. You already touched on the fitness aspects, not to mention rule changes and overall talent league wide etc etc.

They are all great players..... and fun to watch.

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
no one will ever be as good as jordan end of story

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson