Spurs vs Hornets Series

BigJit

Veteran
Reaction score
Just to stay on topic of this thread. The Spurs are still gonna win this series.

Defensive adjustments will be made by Pop. Duncan will NOT go 1-9 from the field the rest of this series, and only end up with 5 points. The Hornets have NO answer for Parker & Ginobli. And finally, the spurs will shoot from the foul line a hell of a lot better than 12-21.

SunAndDone

Reaction score
spurs dont get airtime on my tv unless they are about to be eliminated.

i'd honestly rather watch womens sports than the spurs..

I take it you don't watch the Spurs on TV much. Maybe you could go watch the Suns play. Oh wait.

Last edited:

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

offensively, Jordan is better than both.

leadership, Jordan is better than both.

defensively, Jordan is better than both.

And considering, Kobe has been playing his prime the last 3-4 seasons, and he is due to decline in productivity gradually in the next 3-4 more... Its safe to say... it was never really in reach, that Jordan will be the better offensive player... again by a substantial difference too.

LeBron can put up 30/8/8 the next 5 years, but without a ring or any real team success... he still would be behind MJ... and I doubt LeBron will put up 30/8/8 for the next 5 years. He is due to slow down, his cartiledge and joints will stiffen up sooner than later, a guy that big moving the way he is.... He's burning his joints away faster than most... and he doesnt really have the polished shooting skills to be dominant as a mid range player.

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
I don't know why Duncan had a low of 5 points, the Hornets aren't that good of a defensive team, certainly not better than the Suns...

Errntknght

Reaction score
I'm pulling for the Hornets but I don't think they're going to win the series. Their D on Tim was the big story in the first game but that won't continue to be so successful - Pops will work out some adjustments, as he always does, and Tim will not shoot that poorly again. Frankly, I think Chandler does well enough defending TD that they don't have a need to double him so consistently but the NO watchers are saying they always play him that way so it won't change. After the success in game 1, they probably won't switch up, and it'll wind up biting them in the butt - IMO.

That said, I believe game 2 is going to be crucial - if NO goes up 2-0, the Spurs are going to start having doubts and historically they have shown some fragility - never against the Suns, unfortunately.

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
I take it you don't watch the Spurs on TV much. Maybe you could go watch the Suns play. Oh wait.

lol at the 'patheticism' of spurs fans still being on this board.. i've seen some whoppers in my time but that tops em all.. like honestly do you think you have to be on this board still to stick up for your team.. talk about not having a life.. all i can say is wow..

yes i made up a word.

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
offensively, Jordan is better than both.

leadership, Jordan is better than both.

defensively, Jordan is better than both.

And considering, Kobe has been playing his prime the last 3-4 seasons, and he is due to decline in productivity gradually in the next 3-4 more... Its safe to say... it was never really in reach, that Jordan will be the better offensive player... again by a substantial difference too.

LeBron can put up 30/8/8 the next 5 years, but without a ring or any real team success... he still would be behind MJ... and I doubt LeBron will put up 30/8/8 for the next 5 years. He is due to slow down, his cartiledge and joints will stiffen up sooner than later, a guy that big moving the way he is.... He's burning his joints away faster than most... and he doesnt really have the polished shooting skills to be dominant as a mid range player.

thank you end of story

SunAndDone

Reaction score
lol at the 'patheticism' of spurs fans still being on this board.. i've seen some whoppers in my team but that tops em all.. like honestly do you think you have to be on this board still to stick up for your team.. talk about not having a life.. all i can say is wow..

yes i made up a word.

stick up for them ? for what ? we own you guys. we'll have to make major changes to beat the Hornets. That team is the real deal. I have this site saved in my bookmarks to check the excuse de jour for another playoff bounce from Suns fans.

We cheat, Stern wants us to win, It took a fluke 3 ptr from Tim Duncan....blah blah blah..I guess I'll go see what the hornets forum looks like.

Good luck next year Fade.

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
I have this site saved in my bookmarks to check the excuse de jour for another playoff bounce from Suns fans.

lol you responded to my post in 9 minutes.. you obviously patrol these forums ..

hi my name is SunAndDone and i'm a loser..

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
IMO,what set MJ apart from all the rest(including Kobe & LeBron) was his competitive fire.

This comment surprises me.

I personally never compare Kobe to MJ, but you picked the ONE way they are most alike and put it as the big difference between them. Odd. :p

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This comment surprises me.

I personally never compare Kobe to MJ, but you picked the ONE way they are most alike and put it as the big difference between them. Odd. :p

MJ never gave up in a playoff game like Kobe did against the Suns. The only other guy that I would compare to MJ as far as competitive fire goes would be Tim Duncan. That guy is all heart out there.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
MJ never gave up in a playoff game like Kobe did against the Suns. The only other guy that I would compare to MJ as far as competitive fire goes would be Tim Duncan. That guy is all heart out there.

MJ never played on a team full of guys that couldn't hit a shot (ok, maybe his rookie year.) The reason I never compare MJ to Kobe is because they have been in completely different situations through out their career. You can try and site one example from one game of what you perceived as Kobe giving up if you like, but honestly it's just ridiculous to say Kobe isn't a competitor. Kobe is without doubt one of the most competitive players in the NBA, maybe ever. You can question his talent compared to MJ, that's fair. You can rip on his arrogance or his moral character, also fair. But saying he doesn't compete is just silly in my opinion.

SunAndDone

Reaction score
lol you responded to my post in 9 minutes.. you obviously patrol these forums ..

hi my name is SunAndDone and i'm a loser..

Hi, I'm Fade and my team sucks and I have to hope other teams beat the Spurs because my team gets bounced by them every year.

I waited 9 minutes for your response goober.

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Fade and my team sucks and I have to hope other teams beat the Spurs because my team gets bounced by them every year.

I waited 9 minutes for your response goober.

goober? it all makes sense now.. you are prob. not even old enough to drive.

you're prob. some fat little kid that doesn't play sports.. and just sits on the inet all day..

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
What's hilarious is anyone being such a delusional hater that they would even attempt to disagree. Ridiculous.

i aint even a kobe hater anymore.. would jordan ever just quit on his team no matter who was on it? he never did so we'll never know..

did bird ever just quit on his team? no

magic? no

kobe? yes

so how can you catergorize kobe with these guys competitiveness when he quit on his team game 7 of playoffs? oh ya cause you can say cause his team sucked.. GREAT EXCUSE..

i'm sure its the fact that were all kobe haters why we disagree with you..

SunAndDone

Reaction score
goober? it all makes sense now.. you are prob. not even old enough to drive.

you're prob. some fat little kid that doesn't play sports.. and just sits on the inet all day..

Fade, you're Arizona's answer to the question no one asked.

Lessee, I'm probably some fat little kid that doesn't play sports and gets to stay home from school and play on the internet all day ...

OR

I'm rich guy that owns his own company and has Level 1 tech support guys like you making money for me on temp assignments. Which reminds me, shouldn't you be installing a new sound card for Mr. Tudball in accounting ?

You see Fade, I have to call you goober because I wouldn't want to get banned, which I'm sure is on the way.

But lucky for you, I'll check back to see your lame attempt at talking smack and then probably never come back again.

Game 2 is tonight and that'll keep me entertained while you type away trying to fix your Suns for next year on a message board.

Fire Pringles !
Trade Amare !
Start over and rebuild !
Nash is old !

Blah Blah Blah Blah

New Year, Same Result

Doh ! Look out, someone's coming..better Alt Tab before you get busted surfing the net at work !!! Hahaha..

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
yo its the internet we can be whatever we want.. so i actually started microsoft, ebay and oracle.. multi-billionaire. i also look like brad pitt..

shut up and go back to your spurs forum fat kid..

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I'm rich guy that owns his own company and has Level 1 tech support guys like you making money for me on temp assignments.

And this is how you spend your free time? Holy crap, talk about pathetic.

Most of us with jobs sneak in a little board activity now and then as a way of procrastinating. You don't need to work at all, and with all of the intriguing options out there for ways to expand your mind and soul, you decide to spend your life trolling another NBA team's message board.

Wow. I mean hey, it's your life and you've earned the right to spend it how you want. But it's pretty sad to think that this is what you'll have to remember as the reward for having made it big.