Speaking it into existence: Anarumo

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm planting my flag. This is who I want to be our next head coach. (I won't be furious with Kafka. He's probably got a great future in the league.)

But, players and personnel around the league have a high opinion of Lou. The more research I do, the more I think he should be our head coach. Don't like him? Fine, we can fight in this thread. Tell me why I'm wrong.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd prefer Anurumo also. Kafka does little for me.

But I'll support whoever it is because WTF do we know about who will be good or not? Half the great coaching hires in history had fans complaining they wanted someone else*.

(*half may or may not be accurate, but it's a lot, I wouldn't want to spend 10 posts arguing about if it's 50% or 40%)

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm planting my flag. This is who I want to be our next head coach. (I won't be furious with Kafka. He's probably got a great future in the league.)

But, players and personnel around the league have a high opinion of Lou. The more research I do, the more I think he should be our head coach. Don't like him? Fine, we can fight in this thread. Tell me why I'm wrong.
You're not wrong. His defenses pretty much shut down the Chiefs & Bills in the same season & got to the SB beating both offenses in the playoffs last season. That's HC worthy right there alone imo. It's gonna take Ossenfort & Sears several years to build a defense like that for him but I feel like we'll get there. Kafka may end up being a good coach, even a better coach than Anarumo but maybe not? It's called taking a chance on potential right now. I'll be behind whoever they hire of the 2 though.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

But I'll support whoever it is because WTF do we know about who will be good or not? Half the great coaching hires in history had fans complaining they wanted someone else*.

(*half may or may not be accurate, but it's a lot, I wouldn't want to spend 10 posts arguing about if it's 50% or 40%)
I'm sorry, I hated Kliff from day one, and I was right. I knew. And I loved the Arians hire. I'm hecka smart and never wrong, also very handsome.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Oh yes, yes you would Brit. LOL

But, I would prefer Anurumo also :thumbup:

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Not feeling Kafka but what do I know. Sweet Lou seems to have a lot of great qualities. I don’t understand how we didn’t interview Shane Steichen. But the future of this team has to be much brighter with MO & Sears over Kiem. Who ever we hire for HC will be an upgrade over Kliff.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not feeling Kafka but what do I know. Sweet Lou seems to have a lot of great qualities. I don’t understand how we didn’t interview Shane Steichen. But the future of this team has to be much brighter with MO & Sears over Kiem. Who ever we hire for HC will be an upgrade over Kliff.
Well said, however I do think Kafka will be a good coach, knowing our luck we'll hire the one that has the worst luck though. I've often thought through the years that we're cursed.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh yes, yes you would Brit. LOL

But, I would prefer Anurumo also :thumbup:

I have no issue with going at it over interesting, constructive stuff.

The "Haha you said 90% when you meant 80%, you've such a doofus. You know nothing" stuff is super annoying.

CT Card Fan

Registered
Reaction score
I'm with you. To the question that he is a DC so who is going to be the OC, as you said a lot of people seem to have a high opinion of him Riddick in particular comes to mind. Given that, I am going to trust that he has thought about this and may have some ideas that the average fan board contributor may not have necessarily been thinking about. And until proven otherwise, I am hopeful that our new GM team will get him the players he needs to out it all together.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Each candidate poses opposite questions.
Anarumo about his offense.
Kafka about his defense.
Both about their ability to run the whole show.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Our last two coaches were not ready and/or not qualified. Lou has been around the block. He isn't wet behind the ears. Hopefully he knows enough people around the league to build a good staff.

I'm actually relatively positive because of the change at GM and assistant GM. If Monti and Dave Sears can over time improve the roster through the draft and Lou Anarumo hires coaches who can actually develop young players the Cardinals will be in better shape than in recent memory.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah the more I read up on Anarumo the more impressed I become. I'd be totally fine with hiring him and I think his transition to HC wouldn't take as long based off his NFL experience.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I have no issue with going at it over interesting, constructive stuff.

The "Haha you said 90% when you meant 80%, you've such a doofus. You know nothing" stuff is super annoying.
The attacking and bickering is not constructive and pointless imo. Most of that stuff wouldn’t be said in person. I’m all about everyone’s opinion. But all the same old cards and Bidwill negativity is pointless imo because he is never going to sell the team.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Monti and Lou…how could we go wrong with those stellar names??!? :)

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I hope so, but admittedly on very little information

Gambo really seems to think Kafka is going to get the job though

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose