Sorry for my role in the Green/Garcia thread getting out of control

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon_nyaz

The art of music
Reaction score
I certainly didn't mean for it to go south like that. Just wanted to report on some interesting stuff. I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Originally posted by jon_nyaz
I certainly didn't mean for it to go south like that. Just wanted to report on some interesting stuff. I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

I am not exactly sure who you would have offended by passing on information like that.

I think people are way too uptight. Of course it wont stop those very same people from turning around and doing the exact same thing!

might as well trot this out now (even though I generally dont like to see it until at least 8 posts deep):

amazing...simply amazing

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not me, I'd love to make a comment about having a wife who gets modeling jobs but Brighteyes reads this stuff.

:D

OP
OP
J

jon_nyaz

The art of music
Reaction score
Originally posted by nidan
Not me, I'd love to make a comment about having a wife who gets modeling jobs but Brighteyes reads this stuff.

:D

You know the modeling thing isn't all it's cracked up to be. I mean this past week, she worked for Sanyo in their booth presenting a new fangled portable global-positioning/navigation/DVD/CD/mp3 device. She works for five minutes, then goes back stage and reads a book for an hour until she's scheduled to present again. And for this, she makes anywhere from $500-$2,000 a day. Jeez.... :)

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wallyburger, for the record, I wasn't pulling a "religious card" (for I am sans religion), but merely trying to point out the hypocracy.

Originally posted by Wallyburger:
I swear I saw McCown do a " point to heaven thing " on his TD pass. Not another freakin' Bible thumper? Give us a break. That act is so old. Just give us a football playing, spit in the other guys face, hard nosed , stick it in their throat QB. We don't need no stinkin sissies.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20819&perpage=10&pagenumber=1

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Sorry for my role in the Green/Garcia thread getting out of control

Originally posted by LVCARDFREAK
I am not exactly sure who you would have offended by passing on information like that.

I think people are way too uptight. Of course it wont stop those very same people from turning around and doing the exact same thing!

might as well trot this out now (even though I generally dont like to see it until at least 8 posts deep):

amazing...simply amazing

I agree but I should shut my mouth.

I'll just say this, if we can't post on anything that's based on rumor and innunendo there's about 50 threads that should be locked right now including the thread about Blake from yesterday.

OP
OP
J

jon_nyaz

The art of music
Reaction score
Re: Why Closed?

Originally posted by BuckeyeCardinal
http://www.blackpeopleloveus.com/

This website is:

:biglaugh:

I think the thread had some legs until certain people showed up with short tempers and turned the thing into a riot act. Oh well, we have plenty of other stuff to talk about. Like when are we going to announce the hiring of some assistants?

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Re: Re: Why Closed?

I think the thread had some legs until certain people showed up with short tempers and turned the thing into a riot act. Oh well, we have plenty of other stuff to talk about. Like when are we going to announce the hiring of some assistants?

Yeah....assistant news would be nice.....until then I like this one:

"Johnny isn't afraid to show he has a black friend because whenever he sees me in the hall he asks me Waaaazzzuup."

:biglaugh:

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pariah
Wallyburger, for the record, I wasn't pulling a "religious card" (for I am sans religion), but merely trying to point out the hypocracy.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20819&perpage=10&pagenumber=1

For the record. That is so old and as I have tried to explain, I meant it to be humorous. It was not taken as such , and I have apologized for offending people, but that post may have set a record for length. It is probably still running. I took some huge hits, which I deemed to be way beyond reason for that one. The issue of religious displays on the sports field is quite controversial in my area of the country since it is quite demographically diverse . I found out, that in this forum , that is not the case. It seems to be quite narrow. Religion or lack of it is by choice. Homosexuality is innate and not acquired. That is why I don't see the hypocrisy. I have made absolutely zero allies on this forum over the last few months, but I guess I am still appalled that I was the sole voice to find this a sad subject and said something about it. The hypocrisy that I saw was that the original example of the player who said Green made player personnel decisions, based on racial bias, was purposely left anonymous. Jeff Garcia was exposed to the rumors of this group without any anonymity. Neither subject , which was espoused upon , is without controversy.

OP
OP
J

jon_nyaz

The art of music
Reaction score
Originally posted by wallyburger
The hypocrisy that I saw was that the original example of the player who said Green made player personnel decisions, based on racial bias, was purposely left anonymous. Jeff Garcia was exposed to the rumors of this group without any anonymity. Neither subject , which was espoused upon , is without controversy.

For the record, this is the first time you've said this. These are not rumors. They are events that transpired and not something that was seen or heard 3rd hand. But your question regarding the anonymity of the Vikings player is not without merit so I will address it with facts. The Vikings player specifically ASKED for anonymity. He was speaking "off the record" as it were. Whether or not I or anyone else agrees with his opinion is not the point. His request was granted. However, his opinion did not go without commentary from me and others. I explained how I was surprised that the race issue was the one thing he chose to comment on, and how I pitied him for being so bitter after all this time. But perhaps you didn't take the time to read the rest of the thread before you started accusing me of being homophobic and racist. That was quite sad on your part, but no skin off my nose because your opinion does not matter to me.

As far as Jeff Garcia is concerned, his behavior was lewd, inappropriate, immature and ridiculous. If you are a public figure and you make the choice to act that way in public, you can be sure that folks will talk about it. His actions cost a lot of innocent people. For example, those girls did not expect to enter a competition and be accosted by one of the male judges. Maxim magazine did not expect to have to cut the event short thereby costing them money and credibility. The spectators were cheated from having a good time. The judges were cheated from being able to fairly evaluate the contestants. The venue was unable to earn the revenue from food & drink sales they would have made had the event run its normal course. And on and on. So yes, let's all cry over how mistreated poor Jeff Garcia is. He's clearly the victim here. :rolleyes:

Here's my final opinion on the matter. Regardless of Jeff Garcia's personal sexual preferences, his behavior and lack of self-control are a real shame. I cannot imagine what his motivations were for allowing himself to be so stupid. I hope for his sake his agent gets wind of his behavior and has a serious talk with him about maturity and self-control.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the record, this is the first time you've said this. These are not rumors. They are events that transpired and not something that was seen or heard 3rd hand. But your question regarding the anonymity of the Vikings player is not without merit so I will address it with facts. The Vikings player specifically ASKED for anonymity. He was speaking "off the record" as it were. Whether or not I or anyone else agrees with his opinion is not the point. His request was granted. However, his opinion did not go without commentary from me and others. I explained how I was surprised that the race issue was the one thing he chose to comment on, and how I pitied him for being so bitter after all this time. But perhaps you didn't take the time to read the rest of the thread before you started accusing me of being homophobic and racist. That was quite sad on your part, but no skin off my nose because your opinion does not matter to me.

As far as Jeff Garcia is concerned, his behavior was lewd, inappropriate, immature and ridiculous. If you are a public figure and you make the choice to act that way in public, you can be sure that folks will talk about it. His actions cost a lot of innocent people. For example, those girls did not expect to enter a competition and be accosted by one of the male judges. Maxim magazine did not expect to have to cut the event short thereby costing them money and credibility. The spectators were cheated from having a good time. The judges were cheated from being able to fairly evaluate the contestants. The venue was unable to earn the revenue from food & drink sales they would have made had the event run its normal course. And on and on. So yes, let's all cry over how mistreated poor Jeff Garcia is. He's clearly the victim here. :rolleyes:

Here's my final opinion on the matter. Regardless of Jeff Garcia's personal sexual preferences, his behavior and lack of self-control are a real shame. I cannot imagine what his motivations were for allowing himself to be so stupid. I hope for his sake his agent gets wind of his behavior and has a serious talk with him about maturity and self-control.

Whatever you say, but what happened to the sincerity in your apology? Looks like you are going down the same road.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jon_nyaz

The art of music
Reaction score
Originally posted by wallyburger
Whatever you say, but what happened to the sincerity in your apology? Looks like you are going down the same road.

Yo Beaver,
Could you possibly be more annoying? I'm not apologizing TO YOU first of all. There's nothing to apologize to you for. I was actually apologizing FOR YOU. Second of all, you're looking for sincerity on a computer screen? You need to get out more and experience life. I am done with you now. :thumbdown

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ironic given his current legal problems as of 2am this morning.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have no trouble with anyone "discussing the undiscussable."

But given the assortment of emotions that often run high about controversial topics like race and religion, whenever I see a thread (however well-intended) going in that direction, I think to myself: "Uh Oh. Now watch the fun and games begin."

And they invariably do.

I have no problem with McCown getting on his knees and pointing to heaven. What I might have a problem with is if all 53 players on the active roster were cut from the same mold (suggesting that we might be passing up more talented players who weren't as devout or not devout at all).

Regarding the race issue - every football team (reflecting society as a whole) is likely to have at least a couple of young white guys who (due to where they were brought up or who they were brought up by) are going to be racist.

And there are as likely to be a few minority coaches and players with chips on their shoulders as an outgrowth of their upbringing and early life's experiences.

I'm not surprised that (a) the anonymous white guy griped about racial favoritism on the Vikings or (b) there conceivably may have been a smidge of racial favoritism in Minnesota. (I hope not, but people are people).

Personally, I think it sucks. But it's also a reality that needs to be worked through. And probably the best way to do this is for the majority of folks - Black, White, Latino or Asian - to "be good people" and act accordingly. Hopefully this will eventually rub off on their less enlightened brethren.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn