Sixers @ Suns 1-2-19

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
At that moment in time was the right time. Even if it was the right call, the entire half was nothing but fouls by the Suns, some legit and some suspect. Sometimes a coach needs to fall on the sword for his guys to send a message he has their back right or wrong, and he didn’t. The frustration level with the players was high and for him to get his FIRST tech of the year by the way was then. You could almost sense the players looking for him to lose it and stand up for them, but it was just crickets.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
At that moment in time was the right time. Even if it was the right call, the entire half was nothing but fouls by the Suns, some legit and some suspect. Sometimes a coach needs to fall on the sword for his guys to send a message he has their back right or wrong, and he didn’t. The frustration level with the players was high and for him to get his FIRST tech of the year by the way was then. You could almost sense the players looking for him to lose it and stand up for them, but it was just crickets.
I get where you are coming from, but we have a team full of young players that were already in a bad mood. He was probably thinking more about getting his guys to calm down and let the first half go and get focused on the 2nd half of the game. He is setting an example for the team and that is to let it go and move on to the next play or quarter or whatever. We have a lot of guys that would see their coach going off and may very well follow suit and get booted themselves and that is about the last thing we need. These young guys need to learn how to battle through adversity and bitching at the refs is not the way to do that. The key is to stay focused on the next play or quarter of the game.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After watching the first half of the sixers game, and seeing a Philly parade to the foul line. Then josh Jackson gets fouled near the end of the half and no call, and what did Igor do, NOTHING!!! At that exact time he needed to get pissed, fight for his guys and get a Tech, maybe two. I am sick of the Tom Landry demeanor with this guy. It’s OK to show some passion or maybe rip into someone during a game.

I will take the Tom Landry comparison. :cool:

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I get where you are coming from, but we have a team full of young players that were already in a bad mood. He was probably thinking more about getting his guys to calm down and let the first half go and get focused on the 2nd half of the game. He is setting an example for the team and that is to let it go and move on to the next play or quarter or whatever. We have a lot of guys that would see their coach going off and may very well follow suit and get booted themselves and that is about the last thing we need. These young guys need to learn how to battle through adversity and bitching at the refs is not the way to do that. The key is to stay focused on the next play or quarter of the game.

FB94 started with "At that moment in time was the right time" so there is no reason to go where you went

besides, i believe it would have the opposite effect,
if the coach did bitch to the point of getting a technical once in a while, or once in a rare wild, like most coaches, it would release some tension and the players wouldn't need to do it themselves

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
FB94 started with "At that moment in time was the right time" so there is no reason to go where you went

besides, i believe it would have the opposite effect,
if the coach did bitch to the point of getting a technical once in a while, or once in a rare wild, like most coaches, it would release some tension and the players wouldn't need to do it themselves

And if Kokoskov got a technical I can see his doubters already saying he's out of control or being mad he doesn't repeat that behavior regularly.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It would be his first all year, not quite in the Mike Stoops category yet

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
It is ironic that the Cards, Suns and D-backs are all looking ahead to dismal performances. Maybe you should change your ID to Mercury while they still have their dynamic trio. :)

Back to your post. I like the feel-good approach and looking for the best. But aren't the Suns past that point? Suns leadership sucks. The status quo is what it is. It is impossible to condone where they are and what they do. There is a "cancer" on the team. Aspirins aren't going to help.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
And if Kokoskov got a technical I can see his doubters already saying he's out of control or being mad he doesn't repeat that behavior regularly.
My goodness, PH, it is not about his ASFN doubters. It is about his leadership of the team. Or lack of it.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

you are beginning to sound like you're on Team-Koko instead of Team-Suns

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

One thing you can count on, when fans get down on the team the coach will always draw heat. And there will always be posters convinced that his problem is that he's too quiet, too loud, too emotional, too passive and so on. There are many ways to run a team but awareness of that fact often disappears when the team looks as bad as ours does.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
One thing you can count on, when fans get down on the team the coach will always draw heat. And there will always be posters convinced that his problem is that he's too quiet, too loud, too emotional, too passive and so on. There are many ways to run a team but awareness of that fact often disappears when the team looks as bad as ours does.

Yes, there are many ways to run a team, but the key is the fit with the players on the team. A team this young needs a strong leader who can teach and generate a culture of accountability. I am still not convinced that Igor Kokoskov has what it takes to be a head coach in the NBA, but if he does, it certainly isn't with a young team in need of direction like the Suns. If he is to realize any success as a head coach, he would be much better suited to a team mostly of veterans with a strong veteran leader on the floor, along the lines of what the Cavaliers were when they had Lebron last year.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He sounds like he is Team Reality.
reality = what is now.
but assuming how posters would react to the imaginary and higly unlikely scenario of Igor, or any other coach, getting a lot of technicals is pure speculation and more hyperbolic exaggeration

so your 2-cents of it is iillogical, childish, and trollish

"ignore" me

Last edited:

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
They are part of the same team, believe it or not.

and so is Sarver and so was Ariza
but you and Sirstef sure as hell turned on them as soon as you thought they weren't serving the best interest of the Suns and their fans

so let's cut the bullsh*t

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I’m guessing Kemba Walker will try to gun for a 50 pt game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn