Sixers @ Suns 1-2-19

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Vegas has been watching the Suns and they agree that our guys are looking better.

Even odds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The game will be televised on FSAZ with a 7 p.m. Arizona start time.

Here is a game preview from Duane Rankin at azcentral:

Outlook: Phoenix (9-29) continues its seven-game homestand against Philadelphia (23-14) after losing to Golden State on New Year’s Eve and to Oklahoma City and Denver in back-to-back games. … Philadelphia lost by 30 points Sunday at Portland in its five-game road trip that continued New Year’s Day at Los Angeles against the Clippers. … Phoenix allowed Golden State to shoot 54.8 percent from the field (14-of-28 from 3) in Monday’s 132-109 loss on New Year’s Eve. … Philadelphia beat Phoenix, 119-114, back in November as Joel Embiid has 33 points and 17 rebounds in the win. Devin Booker scored 37 in his first game starting at point guard … After playing Philadelphia, Phoenix will continue its seven-game homestand Friday against the Clippers, who have beaten them twice in two outings this season.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...dramatic-improvement-phoenix-suns/2458390002/

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Philly playing late tonight at LA vs the Clippers. This is one I'm hoping the Suns can steal, though Philly is obviously a good team. Key will be to keep Ayton on the court. Embiid is a foul drawing machine and will put a lot of pressure on Ayton defensively. Any word on Richaun?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Philly playing late tonight at LA vs the Clippers. This is one I'm hoping the Suns can steal, though Philly is obviously a good team. Key will be to keep Ayton on the court. Embiid is a foul drawing machine and will put a lot of pressure on Ayton defensively. Any word on Richaun?
Is Embiid playing all back to backs now? I could easily see him sitting this one out. He also has the most minutes on the team tonight so I am curious if that is a sign that they don't plan on him playing tomorrow.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Is Embiid playing all back to backs now? I could easily see him sitting this one out. He also has the most minutes on the team tonight so I am curious if that is a sign that they don't plan on him playing tomorrow.
As far as I know he's under no minutes restrictions. That being said, you're right they may keep him out, or play him on a shorter rotation.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
As far as I know he's under no minutes restrictions. That being said, you're right they may keep him out, or play him on a shorter rotation.
Was just looking at his game log and he has had some big minutes in back to backs this year. He even played 39 minutes in each game of one of the back to backs. The only way they would sit him would simply be because they assume they can get the win without him playing, but I suspect he will be playing and ready to play big minutes if required.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Foul trouble may be a concern in this game.

I'm not sure how much of it was Embiid, but when the Suns played the 76ers on November 19th, four Suns had five personal fouls and Booker fouled out.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Foul trouble may be a concern in this game.

I'm not sure how much of it was Embiid, but when the Suns played the 76ers on November 19th, four Suns had five personal fouls and Booker fouled out.

We actually seem to be getting somewhat fair treatment lately, except for Melton.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Richaun Holmes will be available for tonight's game.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We actually seem to be getting somewhat fair treatment lately, except for Melton.

Let's hope we get it tonight. Embiid seems to get away with a lot.

OP
OP
devilalum

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Now Suns are 4.5 pt dogs.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An injury update.

I remember when fans were hopeful when Paul George sat out the Thunder game.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I wonder if we will see Point Book tonight with Oubre sliding into the starting lineup.
I wish they would post NBA starting lineups online before the start of games as they do with MLB lineups.

OP
OP
devilalum

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
An injury update.

I remember when fans were hopeful when Paul George sat out the Thunder game.

Suns need to be mad about this.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if we will see Point Book tonight with Oubre sliding into the starting lineup.

Good point. I hope so. Evan Sidery put out some interesting stats.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Leander, Johnson and Chambers are saying the Suns have enough talent to be a .500 team going forward.

Reminds me of Cotton's philosophy, win at home and play .500 on the road for a good season.

They are also strongly pushing the need for the Suns to add a veteran point guard. Nothing new about this, but good to hear.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Embiid is playing as the game tips off.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now Suns are 4.5 pt dogs.

I'd imagine their road win over the Clippers had a lot to do with this. That plus the fact they have 15 more wins than we do.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton gets the quick foul trying to guard Embiid.

I hope it is not one of those nights.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
76ers getting the ball inside. Suns trail 11-3.