Sitting in LAX

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Can't even get a decent chocolate milk! Dr Pepper 23 is good, but no clue what the 23 is about.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
23 stands for the 23 flavors combined to make Dr. Pepper

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Can't even get a decent chocolate milk! Dr Pepper 23 is good, but no clue what the 23 is about.

at least it aint SFX.... by far the worst airport in the entire American West....where the $3 a can soda machine does not work,...but the hippie in the kiosk would be glad to sell you a delightful $18 oxygen cocktail....which looks surprisingly like water....

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
I coulda used that oxygen on my Miami flight. I had a 25 year old guy in the middle seat with his 2 year old on his lap. I guess they really mean it when they say red eye.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was in LAX and SFO both over the weekend. Pretty much a mob scene. 12 bucks for
some phony stuff that wasn't even real ice cream.

Good times!!!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
at least it aint SFX.... by far the worst airport in the entire American West....where the $3 a can soda machine does not work,...but the hippie in the kiosk would be glad to sell you a delightful $18 oxygen cocktail....which looks surprisingly like water....

Do you mean SFO, SFX is apparently in Venezuela.

SFO is ridiculously expensive, 12 bucks for a hamburger, 10 for a hotdog stuff like that.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Do you mean SFO, SFX is apparently in Venezuela.

SFO is ridiculously expensive, 12 bucks for a hamburger, 10 for a hotdog stuff like that.

yeah SFO.... I always think SFX due to how bad it suxx...... ridiculously expensive...very poor flight management and the WORST customer service in the airline industry......

LAX is a walking nightmare,...but it flows well and the customer service is good.......same can be said for Vegas and Denver...

I have never seen a redeeming quality in sfo

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Disney World is the only place on earth that is more expensive than airports for stuff.

Dr. Pepper was one soda you could still get with cane sugar but they took that away finally.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disney World is the only place on earth that is more expensive than airports for stuff.

Dr. Pepper was one soda you could still get with cane sugar but they took that away finally.

You can still get Coke with real cane sugar.... Made in Mexico. To me, it's the only kind worth drinking. Comes in a glass bottle too, so it doesn't taste like aluminum.

Attachments

• Mexicoke.jpg
    Mexicoke.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 357

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Pepsi has a cane sugar variant in a can that you can get at the grocery store.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LAX is horrendous now. I hate that airports are getting so damn foofy. I don't need over-priced artisanal sandwiches when I'm on the run. Just gives me some easy, only relatively over-priced fast food that I can eat on the go and get to my flight. I mean, I get having options for those who don't like eating trash, but to not even have that option anymore sucks.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Pepsi's new "1893" I think it is(forget the year,lol)... is made with real sugar....comes in slightly smaller cans,...been meaning to try it

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah SFO.... I always think SFX due to how bad it suxx...... ridiculously expensive...very poor flight management and the WORST customer service in the airline industry......

LAX is a walking nightmare,...but it flows well and the customer service is good.......same can be said for Vegas and Denver...

I have never seen a redeeming quality in sfo

Yeah it's one of my local airports so any international flight I do is out of there and I agree sucks. The only thing I like is that when picking someone up internationally it's easy to park, not cheap but there's always parking in the short term lot. Otherwise I much prefer San Jose airport.

the other weird thing is flights are almost always more expensive out of SFO than San Jose, I mean 100 bucks more each way to Hawaii stuff like that.

8ndkorner

Registered
Reaction score
I coulda used that oxygen on my Miami flight. I had a 25 year old guy in the middle seat with his 2 year old on his lap. I guess they really mean it when they say red eye.

Damn, I thought you were setting up the hippie handing you a doobie for that red eye flight.....
I mean, I don't even know what "doobie" means or the reference to "red eye" but think I read about it a long time ago.....

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I only fly to John Wayne. Never LAX

Flying out of John Wayne is the best. The full-throttle, steep take-offs are an E ticket ride and you get a moment of weightlessness when they cut back the engines over Newport Beach. Plus, if you're lucky (and sadistic), you get to see the look of sheer terror on a JW newbie's face when they think the engines have conked out.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if at all possible, I only fly out of Burbank now that I live in Hollywood. That is, bar none, the easiest airport to deal with of all time, but John Wayne is close. Long Beach is pretty boss as well.

Yes, I just said boss for some reason.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if at all possible, I only fly out of Burbank now that I live in Hollywood. That is, bar none, the easiest airport to deal with of all time, but John Wayne is close. Long Beach is pretty boss as well.

Yes, I just said boss for some reason.

Burbank is great too.

So many options in the Greater Los Angeles area. The only time I will ever be in LAX is a layover.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
I usually avoid LAX, but the geniuses at AA permanently cancelled the flight I was supposed to take. Then they replaced with a route through LAX that would have had me landing at LAX 5 hours after my connecting flight left.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard