Signings, Trades, Rumors including Suns and NBA

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Curious who you all think will be better post trade: Sixers or Nets.

The Nets are likely to lose almost every home game from now until Durant gets back. It is very likely that they get stuck in the play in game and a decent chance it is against a dangerous Hawks team... ironically the Nets would probably be better off if they had to play it on the road.

I also think that Irving and Simmons are going to have a rough time getting acclimated to each other. If Kyrie is still going to be running the point then the Nets will be playing offense 4 on 5. I think it's going to take a while and some creativity by Nash and for Simmons to demonstrate some flexibility that he never showed any interest in doing while in Philly.

The Sixers on the other hand, in the near term, just swapped Curry for Harden. They were already preforming far better than the Nets and they just got better. I think if they play each other in the playoffs the Sixers will roll over them.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Nets are likely to lose almost every home game from now until Durant gets back. It is very likely that they get stuck in the play in game and a decent chance it is against a dangerous Hawks team... ironically the Nets would probably be better off if they had to play it on the road.

I also think that Irving and Simmons are going to have a rough time getting acclimated to each other. If Kyrie is still going to be running the point then the Nets will be playing offense 4 on 5. I think it's going to take a while and some creativity by Nash and for Simmons to demonstrate some flexibility that he never showed any interest in doing while in Philly.

The Sixers on the other hand, in the near term, just swapped Curry for Harden. They were already preforming far better than the Nets and they just got better. I think if they play each other in the playoffs the Sixers will roll over them.
Drummond was a significant loss for them.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
I think Simmons will be great in Brooklyn. He is a fantastic 1-5 defender that team needs, and he can be a distributor opening up the floor for Kyrie and KD to score. He is great running the floor and finishing at the rim so he and Kyrie can share distributing duties. I love this trade for the Nets. It is not a bad trade for Philly either. They have not had Simmons all year. Now they add a scorer from outside.
Nets didnt need another scorer, KD & Kyrie & even Mills can handle the scoring. It will be fun to see Simmons shut down Harden if they meet in the playoffs. Being an ASU fan, its sad to see Harden turn into Drama and his game fall off due to his lack of commitment to staying in shape

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
A letdown? He shot 40% from 3, was great at getting us offensive boards and won us the Clipper series by shutting down Paul George.

He way over performed what I expected from him.

You know winning is not just about scoring.
I trust Craig's 3 & D more than Crowders... just sayin

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nets didnt need another scorer, KD & Kyrie & even Mills can handle the scoring. It will be fun to see Simmons shut down Harden if they meet in the playoffs. Being an ASU fan, its sad to see Harden turn into Drama and his game fall off due to his lack of commitment to staying in shape

James Harden still wears ASU gear when he comes to town. Once a Sun Devil always a Sun Devil.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't think this is true. I think both us and the team who traded for him are hamstrung. could be wrong there though.
We might could grab him if he somehow got waved. Otherwise no.
I think that's why Dragic didn't/couldn't go back to Miami right away.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We might could grab him if he somehow got waved. Otherwise no.
I think that's why Dragic didn't/couldn't go back to Miami right away.

You are right about Dragic not being able to go back to Miami unless a third team was involved this season. Now he can go back there in a buyout because a third team was involved.

However, next season Stix will become a free agent so it seems like the Suns could go after him. The key words being next season instead of this season.

I hope this sounds correct because I'm only guessing.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose