Signings, Trades, Rumors including Suns and NBA

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curious who you all think will be better post trade: Sixers or Nets.

I will go with the Nets. It looked like Harden had tuned out.

Huge upside for the Nets especially when Seth Curry was included along with two first round picks and Simmons. I guess they can use Drummond too.

Those two first round picks was like icing on the cake.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a time and place for everything. No one is saying the Suns shouldn't play big most of the time.

However, there is no reason the Suns can't occasionally go small when it's to their advantage in a particular game.

Small ball can spark both offense and defense. It's a situational weapon.
Situational weapon to be used when things are stagnant...maybe. Depends. Not when you are getting killed on the boards and giving up a ton of second chance points. Also, I have rarely seen small ball spark defense as much as offense.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends? I mean if Simmons stays a head case it's easy IMO. Definitely the 76ers. If you don't get the Simmons you hoped for it looks like a lopsided trade to me.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Goodbye by Stix. We will remember you fondly. Too bad it wasn't another place and another time.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Was really interesting when DA was asked about him in the press conference after the game. He more or less said he didn't have the love for the game till this season, but that the Suns team had taught him how to love it this season.

Kind of good insight into maybe why the option was not picked up.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agree. I think it’ll be the Heat.
Maybe. I really feel like the heat live and die by the 3.

I think teams will do a better job defending them in the playoffs and force them to get points elsewhere.

I think my bet would still be on the Bucks, and I also think Atlanta may still have a shot. I think it will be one of those 3.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was really interesting when DA was asked about him in the press conference after the game. He more or less said he didn't have the love for the game till this season, but that the Suns team had taught him how to love it this season.

Based on his play up to that point he didn't deserve to be picked up IMO. He surprised people this season but he was never going to be a rotation regular on this team going for a title. It would have been nice to figure out a way to hang onto him but it's a good trade for both sides.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's time to take another look at the Suns roster after trade deadline changes:

Center:

Deandre Ayton
JaVale McGee
Bismack Biyombo
Frank Kaminsky

Forwards:

Jae Crowder
Mikal Bridges
Cam Johnson
Torrey Craig

Guards

Chris Paul
Devin Booker
Cam Payne
Landry Shamet
Elfrid Payton
Aaron Holiday

Other:

Dario Saric (Disabled Player Exception)

Ish Wainright (two-way contract)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If you have a link I'd like to watch it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The contents of the article from RealGm (see link below) helps to clarify why Abdel Nader was waived.

The Suns received a cap exception, not a roster exception, when they were granted a Disabled Player Exception for Dario Saric.

So the Suns have a full 15 man roster even though Saric is out.

Austin Zonie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
When does Cam Johnson get the opportunity to start? Wouldn't that put our best 5 on the court?

CP3
Booker
Cam Johnson
Mikal Bridges
DA

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When does Cam Johnson get the opportunity to start? Wouldn't that put our best 5 on the court?

CP3
Booker
Cam Johnson
Mikal Bridges
DA
I have a feeling we trade Jae for Cap relief this offseason, and at that point Cam will become our starter - assuming we resign him which we better.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

If accurate that speaks volumes.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It occurs to me that since we traded Jalen Smith, we can sign him for whatever when his contract is up

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It occurs to me that since we traded Jalen Smith, we can sign him for whatever when his contract is up

I don't think this is true. I think both us and the team who traded for him are hamstrung. could be wrong there though.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that our restriction ends on July 1st. Don't know if that's true though.

oh, interesting. man... that would be amazing if we brought him back. but i'm thinking that he's gonna get a decent amount of playing time on that shell of a Pacers team and put up some good numbers that catch someone's eye who's willing to pay a little more in the off-season for his potential.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think this is true. I think both us and the team who traded for him are hamstrung. could be wrong there though.
Actually no. I checked the rule. After July 1, we are free to sign him (as long as his contract has ended, which it will). But we would have to clear the space to sign him.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

As long as the Nets are healthy (or allowed to play) they’re my title favorite because they have the best player in the world. That said if Kyrie only plays half the games I’d probably take Philly in 7.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson