Signings, Trades, Rumors including Suns and NBA

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wild wild day. Remember a week ago when the talking heads thought no big names were getting moved? Holy smokes!

I expect Simmons to wash out in Brooklyn, he will have his moments but within a year he and Durant will hate eachother, similar to him and Embiid. I also don't see how he and Irving will function, seeing as Simmons wanted the Sixers to get rid of Jimmy Butler because he didn't like having another ball handler out there. Dude really did a number to that organization.

Harden... what an absolute turd. If he starts balling out for the Sixers he will cement himself as a complete d-bag in the eyes of most around the league. Sand bagging it on a team he demanded a trade to just a year prior. Dude wanted an easy ring and basically gave up as soon as he realized it wouldn't be easy. If the tough times come hittin, Harden gets quittin.

Porzingis, what a collapse. Guy was the original "unicorn", how he is getting dumped for Spencer Dinwiddle and a putrid contract.

And I LOVE the Suns moves. Brought in 2 solid rotation players, one already a fan favorite, while doing nothing to mess with the chemistry and losing nothing that held any value anymore... but only because we sabotaged Smith's value already... but that is spilled milk under the bridge, as they say.

But the biggest shocker of all... Brian Windbag contradicting and being way out ahead of Woj on a big NBA story! I thought Porzingis had a rough day!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can we talk about what a debacle the Porzingis era was for Dallas? My God…. and the Knicks still have the Mavs pick.

What a collapse. I went to a game in his first or 2nd year where he dominated us, I think we won in OT but you could not help but be blown away by the guy. Now he is getting traded for a decent guard and a hot garbage contract. Unreal.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
What a collapse. I went to a game in his first or 2nd year where he dominated us, I think we won in OT but you could not help but be blown away by the guy. Now he is getting traded for a decent guard and a hot garbage contract. Unreal.
Always been a guy that is capable of some big games, but is very inconsistent and can’t stay healthy. Also not the most efficient scorer.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I disagree, we need every wing defender we can get our hands on for GS.

What we needed was more scoring and somebody that can create there own shot.

Craig was a great pickup but he was a huge letdown in the playoffs last year

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Another takeaway is that there apparently are no Suns "insiders".

Almost all the trade chatter involved us supposedly trying to dump Saric, but if Saric was granted an injury exemption we cannot trade him and the deadline for getting an exemption was like a month ago.

Apologies to FLEX though, I am sure he will tell us how he was sitting on all of this and there is even more vaguery to come!

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Almost all the trade chatter involved us supposedly trying to dump Saric, but if Saric was granted an injury exemption we cannot trade him and the deadline for getting an exemption was like a month ago.

Apologies to FLEX though, I am sure he will tell us how he was sitting on all of this and there is even more vaguery to come!

This

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No doubt.

What is funny is listening to Gambo trying to take credit for breaking the disabled injury exemption story - a minute before the Suns announced it - dude, if your sources only tell you as they are announcing it to the world, it isn't a scoop and your sources aren't very helpful.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wild wild day. Remember a week ago when the talking heads thought no big names were getting moved? Holy smokes!

I expect Simmons to wash out in Brooklyn, he will have his moments but within a year he and Durant will hate eachother, similar to him and Embiid. I also don't see how he and Irving will function, seeing as Simmons wanted the Sixers to get rid of Jimmy Butler because he didn't like having another ball handler out there. Dude really did a number to that organization.

Harden... what an absolute turd. If he starts balling out for the Sixers he will cement himself as a complete d-bag in the eyes of most around the league. Sand bagging it on a team he demanded a trade to just a year prior. Dude wanted an easy ring and basically gave up as soon as he realized it wouldn't be easy. If the tough times come hittin, Harden gets quittin.

Porzingis, what a collapse. Guy was the original "unicorn", how he is getting dumped for Spencer Dinwiddle and a putrid contract.

And I LOVE the Suns moves. Brought in 2 solid rotation players, one already a fan favorite, while doing nothing to mess with the chemistry and losing nothing that held any value anymore... but only because we sabotaged Smith's value already... but that is spilled milk under the bridge, as they say.

But the biggest shocker of all... Brian Windbag contradicting and being way out ahead of Woj on a big NBA story! I thought Porzingis had a rough day!
I think Simmons will be great in Brooklyn. He is a fantastic 1-5 defender that team needs, and he can be a distributor opening up the floor for Kyrie and KD to score. He is great running the floor and finishing at the rim so he and Kyrie can share distributing duties. I love this trade for the Nets. It is not a bad trade for Philly either. They have not had Simmons all year. Now they add a scorer from outside.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Small ball is the last thing this team needs to be doing

Small ball lineups should always be an option. It's situational basketball.

I like the idea the Suns can throw a myriad of different lineups at another team if the circumstances dictate.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think Simmons will be great in Brooklyn. He is a fantastic 1-5 defender that team needs, and he can be a distributor opening up the floor for Kyrie and KD to score. He is great running the floor and finishing at the rim so he and Kyrie can share distributing duties. I love this trade for the Nets. It is not a bad trade for Philly either. They have not had Simmons all year. Now they add a scorer from outside.
And if someone on his team gets in a fight he will hump and choke the opposition.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good day for the Suns. With JaVale and Boyimbo, Stix was redundant. Craig adds more flexibility and more veteran smarts. We all know Stix would have ridden the pine in the playoffs. Holliday for cash is huge. I think he is better than Payton, but I am not sure. I have not been overly impressed with his highlights, but simply having another pg down the stretch and another scorer from the guard position is huge. We have to be able to rest our backcourt.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The Suns aren’t adding a playoff rotation player on the buyout market.

You know Holliday has the respect of CP3:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I love everything about that video . . . now that he’s a sun.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my favorite sequences from the playoff run

yeah... that was a BLOW THE ROOF OFF THE STADIUM MOMENT. CLEARLY remember that play and Cam getting the ball and all I was thinking was Torrey is gonna be there for the Ooop and BOOOOOOOM!!!! Was at the end of a huge Suns swing where I think they were losing by like 7 in the 3rd and just went full avalanche of points and defense on Denver. That stretch there in Game 1 set the tone for the entire series.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

yeah. i think it's win win. Simmons gets to play the Draymond role for the Nets now and Embiid gets a DESPERATELY needed playmaker/scorer and I expect Harden to ball out the last part of this year before he probably comes back into camp 50 pounds overweight next year. But the Sixers couldn't waste another year of Embiid's prime.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Aaron Holiday wins a championship with the Suns, all three of the Holiday brothers will have rings. Justin in 2015 with the Warriors, Jrue in 2021 with the Bucks, and Aaron with the Suns.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I will never forget the charge that Craig took on Giannis. He has my respect FOREVER.

LOVE THESE MOVES!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If Simmons' skin does not get thicker I think he will quit on them too. Durant is as harsh on his teammates as anyone.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
yeah... that was a BLOW THE ROOF OFF THE STADIUM MOMENT. CLEARLY remember that play and Cam getting the ball and all I was thinking was Torrey is gonna be there for the Ooop and BOOOOOOOM!!!! Was at the end of a huge Suns swing where I think they were losing by like 7 in the 3rd and just went full avalanche of points and defense on Denver. That stretch there in Game 1 set the tone for the entire series.
Exactly. At a time where capacity crowds were just coming back and the excitement of having the Suns back in the playoffs. Ahhh, inject that into my veins. This is the other play that was earlier in that run that gives me chills every time. That crowd was ELECTRIC

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can we talk about what a debacle the Porzingis era was for Dallas? My God…. and the Knicks still have the Mavs pick.
It went worse than I think anyone expected, but this deal they made just made it even worse.