Signings, Trades, Rumors including Suns and NBA

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What we needed was more scoring and somebody that can create there own shot.

Craig was a great pickup but he was a huge letdown in the playoffs last year
A letdown? He shot 40% from 3, was great at getting us offensive boards and won us the Clipper series by shutting down Paul George.

He way over performed what I expected from him.

You know winning is not just about scoring.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Simmons' skin does not get thicker I think he will quit on them too. Durant is as harsh on his teammates as anyone.
Philly adds Harden while losing nothing--at least from this year. They will shoot so many free throws it will be mind-numbing. I would think Philly is the favorite in the East, and if this goes like it should, maybe even the favorite altogether. They will be a tough playoff opponent.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Philly adds Harden while losing nothing--at least from this year. They will shoot so many free throws it will be mind-numbing. I would think Philly is the favorite in the East, and if this goes like it should, maybe even the favorite altogether. They will be a tough playoff opponent.

Yes, Philly is better than they were, for sure. But if I am the Sixers I would have rather taken that package that the Pacers got for Sabonis.

Harden has been a choke artist in the playoffs and they had better hope his huge decline this season was because he was sand bagging on the Nets.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A Nets vs Sixers playoff series would be a grudge match of all grudge matches.

If they play and the Sixers win I expect Embiid will have completely shattered Simmons confidence, whatever of it was left anyway.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Curry was their best shooter and started every game but I agree that they’re much better. Keeping Maxey was big.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If they play and the Sixers win I expect Embiid will have completely shattered Simmons confidence, whatever of it was left anyway.
Ha Ha. Now you have me wanting to see that.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Phrazbit said:

No to mention every Harden drive to the basket will end with him getting hacked so hard he won't have any arms left!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
A letdown? He shot 40% from 3, was great at getting us offensive boards and won us the Clipper series by shutting down Paul George.

He was absolutely putrid vs the Bucks. Outclassed in every way.

Bobster

All Star
Reaction score
He played 64 minutes in the series and had 17 points and 8 rebounds.

Meh, certainly not as well as he played earlier in the playoffs, but not a disaster.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was absolutely putrid vs the Bucks. Outclassed in every way.
He was solid in the first two games when he played the 3 and the 4 but couldn't hold his own when Saric's injury forced us to use him at the 4 and the 5. I don't hold that against him, he was ill-matched against Giannis, Lopez, Portis and even PJ.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curry was their best shooter and started every game but I agree that they’re much better. Keeping Maxey was big.

I agree. They also kept Matisse Thybulle.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was solid in the first two games when he played the 3 and the 4 but couldn't hold his own when Saric's injury forced us to use him at the 4 and the 5. I don't hold that against him, he was ill-matched against Giannis, Lopez, Portis and even PJ.

I especially like that Craig is so versatile in being able to play both forward positions and some small ball center. He provides great depth.

I wanted added depth at point guard and forward and the Suns did just that.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with Magic on this.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

We barely got by the Clippers and Pandemic P Has taken himself out of plenty of playoff series way before Craig

You got his stats against the Bucks? I can’t remember

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone sure the Suns have to waive a player?

Doesn't Holiday just replace Saric so the Suns roster stays at 15 as Saric is not active. I'm not sure how that works. Of course if Saric returned the Suns would have to waive a player.

I do think the Suns may waive a player to make room for a buyout.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 2nd round pick the Suns traded for Torrey Craig is for the 2022 draft so afterwards the Suns will have all their draft picks.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score

Nader waived

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Craig took that charge in game 2 and was never the same after that. With Saric out it made it almost impossible to guard in the paint.

I hold nothing against Craig after game 2 of the finals. He was NAILS against the clips. Off games? Sure..... but he was still a grinder.

NAILS!!!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Craig took that charge in game 2 and was never the same after that. With Saric out it made it almost impossible to guard in the paint.

I hold nothing against Craig after game 2 of the finals. He was NAILS against the clips. Off games? Sure..... but he was still a grinder.

NAILS!!!
And he played well against

NAILS!!!
he was also big helping to destroy the Nuggets. He was everywhere crushing demoralizing dunks on that team.

He was just gimpy and over-matched against the Bucks. But so was the entire team.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Daniel Theis fit so well on the Celtics and he is back.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
He was just gimpy and over-matched against the Bucks. But so was the entire team.

Thankfully, this year we have McGee and Biyombo to drop some hammers on Giannis... which is exactly what I hope to see if we rematch them in the playoffs.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was an enjoyable NBA trade deadline. Lots of activity, big trades and the Suns improved the depth on their roster.

I'm still trying to absorb all the trades.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was an enjoyable NBA trade deadline. Lots of activity, big trades and the Suns improved the depth on their roster.

I'm still trying to absorb all the trades.
That was a hell of a fun couple days.

The East is REALLY balanced with title contenders in NJ, Philly, Milwaukee and Miami, each of which have two big superstars and then solid upstarts with the Bulls, Cavs Hawks (who have finally turned it around) and a young up and comer with Charlotte, who’s got exciting high fliers. Then there’s still the Celtics.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone sure the Suns have to waive a player?

Doesn't Holiday just replace Saric so the Suns roster stays at 15 as Saric is not active. I'm not sure how that works. Of course if Saric returned the Suns would have to waive a player.

I do think the Suns may waive a player to make room for a buyout.
I believe this is correct. The moves today are salary neutral. They still have money to make a move in the buyout market.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose