Signings, Trades, Rumors including Suns and NBA

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also per James Jones interview, Shamet should be back before the All-Star break and he is optimistic about Payne's progress.

there's still four games until the All-Star Break and optmisitic about Payne's "progress"... there's not even a time-table there. That makes me nervous.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there's still four games until the All-Star Break and optmisitic about Payne's "progress"... there's not even a time-table there. That makes me nervous.

Yeah, I like insurance for the insurance but James Jones sounded optimistic about Payne's return and that he is working out.

He keeps saying he makes moves for the long term and looks for improvement internally.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But he’s not an unstoppable scoring superstar. That’s the difference.
Not unstoppable in terms of pure scoring but is widely considered to have an unstoppable passing and mid-range jump shooting game.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Good enough for JJ good enough for me.
Time to put all this fun behind us and get back to work.

P.S. JJ also said nothing was going on the whole time he was talking to Bizmak. Since August
so keep that in mind

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the generally accepted definition is a top 10 player.

We don't have one of those.
That is still too fuzzy. Top 10 player in what? What defines Top 10 player? Which category? How many categories do you have to be statistically top 10 to be in the top 10? It's very subjective IMO.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

On Arizona Sports James Jones said something to the effect trading a first round pick wouldn't be an obstacle.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trade machine for Gordon. The matching salaries would be Saric, Smith, and Nader for Gordon.

Trade machine says +1 win for the Suns and -19 for the Rockets. Ha! How is that?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think the obvious pick up would be the rumored guys associated with us. Shamet, not associated with us. Bismack, not associated with us. McGee, not associated with us. I think the guy, if there is one at all, will be someone we haven't really focused on.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't hear Abdel Nader mentioned in the interview by James Jones.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Report Bucks feel they can improve their theam through the buyout market.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Trade machine for Gordon. The matching salaries would be Saric, Smith, and Nader for Gordon.

Trade machine says +1 win for the Suns and -19 for the Rockets. Ha! How is that?

The Suns aren’t trading for Gordon unless Shamet is in the deal. Otherwise it’s too much money next year for backup guards.

Sad thing is had they waited to pay Shamet and picked up Smith’s option we wouldn’t need to include a pick.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That is still too fuzzy. Top 10 player in what? What defines Top 10 player? Which category? How many categories do you have to be statistically top 10 to be in the top 10? It's very subjective IMO.
I guarantee if we traded either Paul or Book to the Lakers, they would suddenly be considered top ten players--and superstars.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Last year didn’t JJ go on the radio and said there were no trades and right after he got off they picked up Torrey Craig?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the buyout market is the most logical place for the Suns, as long as there are players available in it. They are a draw because of the roster and a championship shot. Picking up a player will be cheap, plus they have exception money to spend.

Maybe Dragic. Doubt Gordon will get bought out. Too expensive.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In a statement that should shock no one... Saric ruled out for the year.

And yes, the Suns should have asked for this determination at the beginning of the season to give themselves an exemption to try and improve the team.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
In a statement that should shock no one... Saric ruled out for the year.

And yes, the Suns should have asked for this determination at the beginning of the season to give themselves an exemption to try and improve the team.

You can bring a horse to water…

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping for a buyout and/or a trade for either Cory Joseph or Dennis Schroder. But since it looks like Shamet and Payne should both be back after the break, I won't be surprised if we don't do much.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish someone had asked James Jones during the interview about Monty Williams having to play Chris Paul and Devin Booker so many minutes with Cam Payne and Landry Shamet out.

Also he never mentioned Abdel Nader on the podcast so it is uncertain if he is coming back.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort