Signings, Trades, Rumors including Suns and NBA

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I understand but James Jones has only made three in-season moves I recall: Payne, Craig and Biyombo.
Payne was just a 10 day contract pickup. If he counts, then so would every other 10 day deal we have made.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Payne was just a 10 day contract pickup. If he counts, then so would every other 10 day deal we have made.

The difference is Payne made the 15 man roster.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Makes sense but still, not all 10 day signings are the same. Coach had history with Payne and wanted him, we just had the luxury to confirm he still had it. I'd bet we would have offered him a regular contract if that's what it took to bring him in. Most of the players we've brought in on 10 day contracts weren't expected to be here after the 10 days was up.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why would Houston do that? Isn't Walls contract over a year earlier?

Edit: I guess not - both Westbrook and Walls deal expire next year. But even so, Houston should be familiar what a cancer he is and not want to put him around a rebuilding team.

I'm only looking at numbers that fit. I'm sure the Lakers could find something to trade away no matter on minuscule.

I don't think the Rockets would play him.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm only looking at numbers that fit. I'm sure the Lakers could find something to trade away no matter on minuscule.

I don't think the Rockets would play him.
So you are saying the Rockets take him just to get something else like a 1st round pick and keep him away from the team.

I guess. Seems like a dumb move from the lakers perspective, but I almost get it because they can at least act like they got something for him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you are saying the Rockets take him just to get something else like a 1st round pick and keep him away from the team.

I guess. Seems like a dumb move from the lakers perspective, but I almost get it because they can at least act like they got something for him.

I was only looking at numbers not that the trade would really happen but I think this is the only way the Rockets would consider it.

Raysum01

Reaction score
some really impressive wins with a short staff here. anyone they can get in for the run in would be huge. sportsbetting3.com cant see another run in playoffs unless some depth issues addressed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jazz involved in three-way trade.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tomas Satoransky might be attractive to the Suns as a depth player.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I read somewhere where Ingles said something like “The jazz should trade me so they can make the team better”.

He knows he out with the injury and is fine being sacrificed. What a guy to say that.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This makes no sense to me.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
It makes sense if you look at it through the perspective of only teams with superstars win the championship, which is mostly a true statement.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It makes sense if you look at it through the perspective of only teams with superstars win the championship, which is mostly a true statement.
Durant is hurt, Harden looks broken and Kyrie can't play in home playoff games.

GS and Phoenix should be at the top together.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sigh.. Can someone just notify me when we make a move? I am tired of reading rumors.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Definition of a superstar is really fuzzy. CP3 is a superstar. He has been and has been recognized as such since the day he came into the league and he makes as much of a difference today as at any point in his career.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Definition of a superstar is really fuzzy. CP3 is a superstar. He has been and has been recognized as such since the day he came into the league and he makes as much of a difference today as at any point in his career.
I think the generally accepted definition is a top 10 player.

We don't have one of those.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But he’s not an unstoppable scoring superstar. That’s the difference.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Listened to part of James Jones segment on Arizona Sports. I didn't catch it all but what I did hear it didn't sound like any trades are in the works or likely.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also per James Jones interview, Shamet should be back before the All-Star break and he is optimistic about Payne's progress.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard