Signings, Trades, Rumors including Suns and NBA

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I seriously doubt Dragic is coming here.

The Suns should target more obtainable point guards like Raul Neto or Cory Joseph.

Someone like Neto wouldn't be a threat to Cam Payne yet he could give the Suns needed minutes. He is on a minimum expiring contract.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I don’t understand why people think Dragic is going to come back to a team he thinks did him rotten dirty when he was here last.

Also, Cam Payne hasn’t been near as good this year as he was last year and is out for an undetermined period of time. So, I think Gordon is a great get now because a) he can be an offensive player who gets his own shot and that might give CP3 more than four minutes rest per half of the second unit is cooking. I also think that once Payne comes back, we can load manage CP3 a little and still win some games if we’re looking at a Payne/Gordon/Booker back-court here and there down the stretch to try and keep CP3 fresh.

We can’t forget that CP3 is relatively fragile and 36 years old. Twice in the playoffs his body broke down or he just flat got worn down in the Finals. Cant let that happen again.
Ryan Mc'D did him dirty. He is no longer here, so I don't believe that's an issue. He gets a chance to compete for a championship, he is very friendly with the owner (Don't forget that he signed a contract in the parking garage with Sarver the last time he came here, if my memory serves me right, and there is probably a nostalgia factor as well- come back and win the ring with the team on which you started your NBA career. While he never played with Jones in Miami, they are both Heat guys- I am sure they have many connections and share a common professional network.

I still think he wants to reunite with Luka and Igor, but I can see him taking a short detour to grab a ring before that reunion. I love Luka, but Dallas is a mess- there is no chance in hell they make it to the Western Conference finals, let alone the NBA finals in the next couple of years, by which time Dragic will be retired.

As for Gordon, I'd be fine with that as long as it doesn't interfere with keeping the core together in the future. If Sarver would say he was going to pay Ayton and Johnson regardless of Gordon's salary being on the books, I'd be fine with that. I agree with you about CP3. He is an old dude with a significant history of injuries. Suns cannot let him break down. The only way I see to prevent that is to get him down to 30-ish minutes a night and giving him a few days off here and there.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Ryan Mc'D did him dirty. He is no longer here, so I don't believe that's an issue. He gets a chance to compete for a championship, he is very friendly with the owner (Don't forget that he signed a contract in the parking garage with Sarver the last time he came here, if my memory serves me right, and there is probably a nostalgia factor as well- come back and win the ring with the team on which you started your NBA career. While he never played with Jones in Miami, they are both Heat guys- I am sure they have many connections and share a common professional network.

I still think he wants to reunite with Luka and Igor, but I can see him taking a short detour to grab a ring before that reunion. I love Luka, but Dallas is a mess- there is no chance in hell they make it to the Western Conference finals, let alone the NBA finals in the next couple of years, by which time Dragic will be retired.

As for Gordon, I'd be fine with that as long as it doesn't interfere with keeping the core together in the future. If Sarver would say he was going to pay Ayton and Johnson regardless of Gordon's salary being on the books, I'd be fine with that. I agree with you about CP3. He is an old dude with a significant history of injuries. Suns cannot let him break down. The only way I see to prevent that is to get him down to 30-ish minutes a night and giving him a few days off here and there.

Wasn’t it Lance Blanks that wanted Felton and Sarver went rogue and signed Dragic? I don’t think would be any bad blood on Goran’s end but I’m not sure Jones/Monty go for it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about what the Suns could do immediately to bolster their guard situation.

If the Suns qualify under NBA rules, I was wondering if point guard Brad Wanamaker could be added on a 10-day contract. Of course they already have Justin Jackson on a 10-day contract so that might provide a problem. The Suns have 5 players out.

To my knowledge, Wanamaker is still available.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm going to post this even though I know a lot of people here hate this guy - I find it interesting though.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hints at an Ayton deal I would assume.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to post this even though I know a lot of people here hate this guy - I find it interesting though.

First... Flex from Jersey? People are still following this clown?

And an Ayton deal? I would be BEYOND STUNNED if they made that humongous of a move with the best record in the league.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
First... Flex from Jersey? People are still following this clown?

And an Ayton deal? I would be BEYOND STUNNED if they made that humongous of a move with the best record in the league.
He didn't say Ayton - I am guessing that due to the contract situation, and I can't imagine a deal with our two guards that would be huge.

Second - As I said I know some people hate Flex - but based on what he has said previously I personally believe he does have a source inside the Suns.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He didn't say Ayton - I am guessing that due to the contract situation, and I can't imagine a deal with our two guards that would be huge.

Second - As I said I know some people hate Flex - but based on what he has said previously I personally believe he does have a source inside the Suns.

I'm not seeing where he says anything concrete. Anyone can speculate.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not seeing where he says anything concrete. Anyone can speculate.
Right, but if something big does happen, it will give him credibility.

And if he does have a legit source, if he wants to keep it, he can't say much more than he did in that post.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

That’s a lot of hyperbole, even for Flex.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right, but if something big does happen, it will give him credibility.

No more so than all the other rumored trades others in the media have proposed for the Suns.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

If I’m Ayton, I’m praying for a trade if not actively asking for one (though that’s not his MO). However, it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s asked Jones to not match a RFA offer from another team

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No more so than all the other rumored trades others in the media have proposed for the Suns.
Right. The Suns have been mentioned in trades ranging from Eric Gordon to Sabonis for a month. Simply jumping on those rumors, with literally ZERO details, won’t give him any more credibility than when he idiotically said the NBA might push the entire Clippers series and shift all TV programming because CP3 got Covid or that Book’s nose DEFINITELY WASNT BROKEN!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right. The Suns have been mentioned in trades ranging from Eric Gordon to Sabonis for a month. Simply jumping on those rumors, with literally ZERO details, won’t give him any more credibility than when he idiotically said the NBA might push the entire Clippers series and shift all TV programming because CP3 got Covid or that Book’s nose DEFINITELY WASNT BROKEN!

At least other media types have mentioned names. All I see are generalities.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns make a significant move, there is a strong likelihood it will be a major national media source like Shams Charania or Adrian Wojnarowski who breaks the story.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's Covington and Norman Powell - for Bledsoe and filler.

Clippers look like they made a great deal to me.
looks like a good deal to me too. I mean, it doesn't make them a contender this year with their big two out, but at least strengthens their ability to make the playoffs without giving up any young pieces.

Would have loved to try and swing that but maybe our contracts aren't as enticing as the Clippers.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
looks like a good deal to me too. Would have loved to try and swing that but maybe our contracts aren't as enticing as the Clippers.
If Kwahi comes back, the Clippers might just be the second scariest team in the West behind GS now.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Kwahi comes back, the Clippers might just be the second scariest team in the West behind GS now.

I don't think Kawhai comes back this year. He tore his ACL in June of last year and has always been uber cautious with his health.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The trade is mostly about the luxury tax for the Trail Blazers.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think Kawhai comes back this year. He tore his ACL in June of last year and has always been uber cautious with his health.
I think this trade suggests otherwise.

Most athletes are recovering from ACL in 9 months or less lately.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not just hyperbole but couched in mights and coulds.
I give the guy credit for evolving. He used to get just get crap wrong then people would throw his old posts in his face. Now? Every time Flex brings something up.....

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson