Signings, Trades, Rumors including Suns and NBA

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Kwahi comes back, the Clippers might just be the second scariest team in the West behind GS now.

Yeah the Clippers got better defensively with that deal and added a good scorer in Powell. I'm surprised he was moved since the Blazers gave up a promising youngster and pick for him at the deadline last year.

If they can get Kawhi and PG back for the postseason then they'll have the ultimate switch team on the perimeter with long wings who can guard virtually any position.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I give the guy credit for evolving. He used to get just get crap wrong then people would throw his old posts in his face. Now? Every time Flex brings something up.....

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
ha!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lue just last night said he doesn't think Kawhi probably comes back this year.

and all the talk in LA is that PG13 is done for the season.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If I’m Ayton, I’m praying for a trade if not actively asking for one (though that’s not his MO). However, it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s asked Jones to not match a RFA offer from another team

The Suns are pulling another JJ but if they did, good luck in Orlando or Detroit DA.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be interested in Larry Nance Jr. but the Suns need another ball handler maybe more.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol he got called on his ridiculous tweet.

I was going to come in here and rail on this Flex asshat. He is such a tool and a fake insider. He tweets a whole lot of words that say nothing. He should change his name to Hedge.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Ok y’all. Another Flex post….Sabonis? Where there’s smoke, there’s fire but as we’ve seen before, Flex has had his downfalls. I’m not trusting it but dang if this is real….

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Ok y’all. Another Flex post….Sabonis? Where there’s smoke, there’s fire but as we’ve seen before, Flex has had his downfalls. I’m not trusting it but dang if this is real….

He's trying to save face. When nothing happens he will say "As I reported, the Suns feel good about their roster".

I cannot fathom a trade for Sabonis that makes sense for both teams. There is no smoke to this fire.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A Sabonis trade won't happen unless it includes a rotation player and I don't want to see that, as much as I like Sabonis.

They'd have zero interest in Crowder and I think that would hurt chemistry.

Cam Johnson for Sabonis might interest Indiana but I wouldn't do that.

Ayton for Sabonis? Maybe with 2 1sts coming from Indiana as well.

Of course Saric, Stix, and Nader would be filler in any trades. No loss if they're sent out.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know, if Indiana included a 1st with this deal, who would be on board? It's definitely interesting. I don't think I'd do it but it would be tempting.

Just to note, McConnell can be swapped for Jeremy Lamb and the financials still work. Lamb is an expiring deal. That's why he might be someone the Suns look at more than McConnell.

If it happened I'd have to believe Ayton's camp has let it be known that he doesn't want the Suns to match any contract this offseason. If they've done that, this is a great return and honestly I'd be fine with it because we're clearing contending and if he's asked out, or that we don't match, then that says a lot about what he wants as a player and may not be fully dedicated to winning.

You must be registered for see images attach

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know, if Indiana included a 1st with this deal, who would be on board? It's definitely interesting. I don't think I'd do it but it would be tempting.

Just to note, McConnell can be swapped for Jeremy Lamb and the financials still work. Lamb is an expiring deal. That's why he might be someone the Suns look at more than McConnell.

If it happened I'd have to believe Ayton's camp has let it be known that he doesn't want the Suns to match any contract this offseason. If they've done that, this is a great return and honestly I'd be fine with it because we're clearing contending and if he's asked out, or that we don't match, then that says a lot about what he wants as a player and may not be fully dedicated to winning.

Absolutely not. I like McGee and Biz but I have seen enough of them to know that Ayton is irreplaceable on defense. His ability to defend inside and out is something that gives us far more flexibility than most other teams and centers who defend like him AND don't piss and moan about the offense not running through them are rare.

Furthermore, I invite anyone who would accept this trade to look back at our last game against the pacers. Our offensive strategy was pretty simple "abuse Sabonis"... we attacked him over and over, we seemingly scored half our points in the second half by making him rotate or isolating him on the shooter. Sabolis is a good player but he needs his teammates to cover for his awful defense, Ayton is the opposite.

Also, I really like TJ McConnell... but that contract is freaking insane.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A Sabonis trade won't happen unless it includes a rotation player and I don't want to see that, as much as I like Sabonis.

They'd have zero interest in Crowder and I think that would hurt chemistry.

Cam Johnson for Sabonis might interest Indiana but I wouldn't do that.

Ayton for Sabonis? Maybe with 2 1sts coming from Indiana as well.

Of course Saric, Stix, and Nader would be filler in any trades. No loss if they're sent out.
Have to agree, I don't see how any deal we could make for Sabonis makes sense if it involves Ayton or Cam - and that seems like the only two realistic players it could involve.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Thats an awful deal for the Suns.

Ayton is just a lot more valuable than Sabonis due to his defense.

If I was going to make a deal for him - it would have to be something like Saric, Jalen, Crowder and 2 firsts - and we get Torrey Craig back as well.

Indiana would basically be wanting to do a salary dump - but I have no idea why Indiana couldn't do better than that.

Last edited:

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Thats an awful deal for the Suns.

Ayton is just a lot more valuable than Sabonis due to his defense.

If I was going to make a deal for him - it would have to be something like Saric, Jalen, Crowder and 2 firsts - and we get Torrey Craig back as well.

Indiana would basically be wanting to do a salary dump - but I have no idea why Indiana couldn't do better than that.
I’d hate to lose Crowder but does Sabonis’ scoring output and playmaking ability outweigh his defensive issues? Because everyone else in the starting lineup can cover up some of his deficiencies. He immediately helps us on the boards also. As good as Crowder is as a glue guy, unless he’s hitting his threes, he doesn’t have much value offensively.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’d hate to lose Crowder but does Sabonis’ scoring output and playmaking ability outweigh his defensive issues? Because everyone else in the starting lineup can cover up some of his deficiencies. He immediately helps us on the boards also. As good as Crowder is as a glue guy, unless he’s hitting his threes, he doesn’t have much value offensively.
Well I think the answer is yes - but he's not actually a great fit for our current system since he is not a good perimeter shooter, and he would need to play the 4 for us.

Where he would help the most is rebounding the ball.

Really Sabonis is basically a center in todays NBA I think. I would make the deal, but to be honest I'm not sure how much it would actually improve us.

I am afraid if we are talking to them about Sabonis it does involve DA, and it's because Sarver doesn't want to pay him and is looking for a cheaper replacement. But I have zero doubt we are a worse team if we do any such deal.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well I think the answer is yes - but he's not actually a great fit for our current system since he is not a good perimeter shooter, and he would need to play the 4 for us.

Where he would help the most is rebounding the ball.

Really Sabonis is basically a center in todays NBA I think. I would make the deal, but to be honest I'm not sure how much it would actually improve us.

I am afraid if we are talking to them about Sabonis it does involve DA, and it's because Sarver doesn't want to pay him and is looking for a cheaper replacement. But I have zero doubt we are a worse team if we do any such deal.
Oh yeah Sabonis can’t anchor a defense like DA. Even if he does have more offensive tools at this juncture of his career.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I was going to come in here and rail on this Flex asshat. He is such a tool and a fake insider. He tweets a whole lot of words that say nothing. He should change his name to Hedge.
Yeah, that kind of stuff plays fine on the Finance board, but these team sports forums have a much higher standard.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson