Sign Patrick Peterson to that extension, right?

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
So now Kliff is defending #21 on the postgame saying he’s only been back for 3 games so getting in football shape & understanding the scheme. Lol :bang:

Denial & coddling him til the end of time I guess. I just don’t get it the film don’t lie.

Last edited:

Buckybird

Reaction score
I thought sanders got away with a push off on Peterson on the last drive.

I realize people are upset about peterson asking for a trade last year but we have a chance this offseason to reload on d. 49ers had all day to throw the ball today. Murray was running for his life. CBS cant cover forever. This d will be much better next year, dont give up on players in this situation. Dont give up on jones for not dominating backup OTs. Dont give up on peterson for a bad game.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Tell #21 to not give up on his teammates!!! His true character as a football player & a teammate is on film & it don’t lie.

That’s the main part that has people pissed off. He did the same late last year

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No, he better keep his *ucking mouth shut after tonight.

He had the big INT in the NO game. He deserves credit for making that play.

But he might of cost us the game tonight, and that's not cool.

He has eight games to determine his future with this team. He better bring it against Mike Evans when we go to TB.
Evans ain’t the man anymore, it’s Godwin that Arians has blowing up.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
So now Kliff is defending #21 on the postgame saying he’s only been back for 3 games so getting in football shape & understanding the scheme. Lol :bang:

Denial & coddling him til the end of time I guess. I just don’t get it the film don’t lie.
In fairness...Kingsbury has done this for every player so far.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Kliff can’t criticize anyone with a straight face but the entire franchise has to treat PP with kid gloves at this point. Although he’s demanded a trade, got suspended and played like crap you can’t make a bad situation worse.

Buckybird

Reaction score
In fairness...Kingsbury has done this for every player so far.
True. But at some point if he keeps loafing & faking falling down to avoid tackles I hope the coaches & organization is man enough to address it with him. It would be a damn shame if it continues they don’t & continue status quo

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
True. But at some point if he keeps loafing & faking falling down to avoid tackles I hope the coaches & organization is man enough to address it with him. It would be a damn shame if it continues they don’t & continue status quo
I don't think Kingsbury is afraid to address issues with players, but he has not shown a willingness to do so in the media. I like consistency.

Buckybird

Reaction score
I don't think Kingsbury is afraid to address issues with players, but he has not shown a willingness to do so in the media. I like consistency.
Keeping it out of the media I agree with. It definitely helps in the locker room.

I hope you’re right it gets addressed, I’m just afraid many inside feel he’s untouchable

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
He had an awful game.

yes, I still extend him

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Should we trade chandler jones too? And cut Suggs, I mean where were they against 2nd string 49ers linesman.

Good thing you are not a gm.

Ok straw man, I will bite... Why in the world would be trade CJ? He's been nothing but stellar and class.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just not silly enough to trade our best d player after a bad game. We got zero pressure on 9ers all night and they had backup tackles in the game. Baker got beat twice on the same play.

If you give nfl qbs all day to throw you will be beat. I thought sander got away with pushing off but that's not the point here. We need more talent on defense. Trading peterson or jones is not gonna help

We got zero pressure all night? Sure. :doi:

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well the other nfl wrs that play against him disagree with you as he is typically the top cb listed in the nfl top 100. But what do they know...

We switched for 34 to 43 to 34 in 3 years. We lost talent and depth. I'm not advocating we keep keim, but you arent gonna have a top d when switching like that. Need some continuity.

But fans screaming we trade our best defensive player after a bad game is something a bad gm would do.

What does a 3-4 vs 4-3 have to do with P2, he's a DB and not a LB or DL?

In the past he would typically play man and shadow the biggest wr threat. He bitched about zone under wilks and was talking up how Vance was going to put him back on man against the best wr with a lot of press like Bowels. Well now he has more man coverage and he's looking bad.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It shouldn't even be a question at this point imo..a good gm would know this as well. Once again.. the good gm thing is the key to this. We need the one who recognizes it. :)

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

Honestly, I think that has a ton to do with his play. Yeah, I don't think he is as good as he was years ago, but it just seems he doesn't know scheme and is not fully in shape.

Yeah, he sucked it up tonight but I'm not giving up on him yet.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Honestly, I think that has a ton to do with his play. Yeah, I don't think he is as good as he was years ago, but it just seems he doesn't know scheme and is not fully in shape.

Yeah, he sucked it up tonight but I'm not giving up on him yet.
I'm watching the replay now on NFL Network. I think he just doesn't have the cover speed anymore. Sanders blew right past him on slants with ease (not like Sanders is young either) Thomas did the same thing to him on slants this past Sunday.

wagonmound464

Rookie
Reaction score
Reports have it that P Peterson is still at the stadium looking for his jockstrap out on the field floor....he looked awful against the 49ers.

The good news is that we found a running back besides Edmonds who wanted a job and proved his ability with the stats he put up last evening

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Is there an adult in the locker room who can explain to “PP21” how selfish he is being and how to approach the situation in a more professional manner? I am assuming that if Fitzgerald can’t do it, no one can. I turned on him tonight. He appeared to go half speed with no remorse. He has a case of the honey badgers without the big mouth. I wouldn’t trade him. I would make him play, sit or retire. You can’t let a guy dictate your future

Poor choices to say the least. You play him and he goes half speed and you're hurting the defense and the team. You sit him and you are wasting a roster spot and probably creating a cancer on the team. He isn't going to retire when he can collect a paycheck doing nothing. For all the hate Sherman gets on this board at least he cares and plays with maximum effort unlike PP.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
This is the first game which I have turned on Peterson. I think without his banned substance, he is unable to play with his diabetic condition. I still want to beat Arians' Bucs, so I hope he can get it together against Evans for a win but that game will define his future contract

If Evans roasts PP for a 100+ yds. and a couple of TDs then do you bench him? Right now if he continues to play like he has, he is part of the problem not part of the solution.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard