SHUT UP, Kurt

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm tired of hearing this doesn't work, that doesn't work. BUT, I can keep throwing for 300 plus yards. Not with Detroit, the Bengals, Raiders, even Seattle.
YOU, Mr. Warner, and our Special teams squad, are so responsible for last weeks loss.
How dare YOU come out high and mighty.
I know some of you won't agree. Hard to argue. Look at the tape. He had happy feet, never tucked the ball, should have thrown it away a number of times.
Read his rap in the rep. BAD JUJU! We'll wind up a wild card if he doesn't start shutting up and stepping up.
MVP-Thanks Q, Fitz and Steve. OH and let us not forget Timmmie and J.J.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know in the Red Zone, we didn't even throw it into the End Zone enough.

I think that was a huge issue in the loss.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
I'm tired of hearing this doesn't work, that doesn't work. BUT, I can keep throwing for 300 plus yards. Not with Detroit, the Bengals, Raiders, even Seattle.
YOU, Mr. Warner, and our Special teams squad, are so responsible for last weeks loss.
I know some of you won't agree. Hard to argue. Look at the tape. He had happy feet, never tucked the ball, should have thrown it away a number of times.
Read his rap in the rep. BAD JUJU! We'll wind up a wild card if he doesn't start shutting up and stepping up.

PWI?

chicards11

Registered
Reaction score

So um.......you feelin' "stable" there buddy?

Carddan

Average Fan
Reaction score
I seriously think someone is hooked up to the wrong end of the battery (+ or -), and it isn't Kurt. If you throw the ball 50 times there will be mistakes. By the way, it is not mathematically possible for the Cards to be a Wild Card team this year, they win the West or finish 7-9. I suggest you reverse your polarity and look forward to better games from Kurt and the Cardinals when they matter even more.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score

:rolleyes:

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I seriously think someone is hooked up to the wrong end of the battery (+ or -), and it isn't Kurt. If you throw the ball 50 times there will be mistakes. By the way, it is not mathematically possible for the Cards to be a Wild Card team this year, they win the West or finish 7-9. I suggest you reverse your polarity and look forward to better games from Kurt and the Cardinals when they matter even more.

The Giants have a vert good D. Nontheless, I was at the game and saw some of the same things he describes.

The Giants SAID before the game they were shooting for Kurt to put the ball on the ground and surely enough he obliged. That was an important drive to open the 2nd half and it was a real momentum changer. It was uphill the rest of the game from that point on. I put that squarly on his shoulders. He tried to make plays, but he's smart enough and has been in the league long enough to throw it away more or check down. He missed on a number of those from what I saw. He forced the ball a number of times and was fortunate their were not more INt'S. The penalties on Ross, some
questionable also helped his cause a great deal otherwise the game isn't even that close as it was.

Bottom line is Ny controlled this game pretty much and the Cards were toooo one dimensional. They tried running, but for the vast majority of people I talked to the BIG DIFFERENCE was the Cards consistently needing 2nd/3rds and long and the Giants needing 2nd/3rd 5yds. and less - CONSISTENTLY. Heck half the time they got eight on first down.

So that is what frustrated Warner, it's not all his fault to be sure. But there are still plenty of warning signs that if you stop them on first down and put them in long situations they aren't nearly as effective. That holds true for all offenses, but we need to mix in the run more on 2nd and 3rd downs once in a while. IMHO.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Kurt didn't have his best game - but this is a bit much.

I will say though that if he has another bad game this week in Philly I am going to lose a little confidence. He hasn't looked like the MVP for two weeks now and we NEED him to get going again if we want to make a run.

I wouldn't say SHUT UP though. More like "GIT ER DONE KURT"

Kablansky

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If Kurt is calling the plays from the LOS and not Haley, I agree. If Kurt is just being a good soldier then I think Haley is at fault. The team becomes one dimentional and forces Kurt to make a play on every snap

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
kinda curious what this is in reaction to

link or something would be helpful

otherwise, just kinda sounds like the message board equivalent of the homeless guy complaining about the space aliens keeping him down while talking to nobody in particular

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jstadvl is a long time Cards fan. Just everyone remember to respect his opinion as well.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What is JST reacting to? Is there some post game comment I managed to miss?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jstadvl is a long time Cards fan. Just everyone remember to respect his opinion as well.

jstadvl is cool, but I have no clue what he is reacting to. It seems like no one else does either.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I understand what he's saying.

Kurt irritates me, I love what he's helped us do, I understand he's got talent and he also has a maddening lack of respect for the ball, he always has.

Kurt also is more about Kurt than people generally acknowledge, JMHO.

I'll be glad when we finally get a home grown QB for the Cardinals, I'm no Matt defender, it's possible it will never be him, but whoever it is I want them to think of themselves as a Cardinal and I've never felt Kurt does.

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I had to look at this twice. I'm all like, "What did I just react to?".

Sort of like how Pariah reacted last week when he had me confused with my evil twin, CardShark.

(just kidding, CardShark, everyone knows that I'm the evil twin) :D

JTS

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score

He says "Read his rap in the rep". Are there some comments in the local *fishwrap today?

* - Using the term "fishwrap" was not in any way meant to encourage anyone to capture Jefftheshark, wrap him up in newspaper and then place him in the freezer before throwing him on the grill this weekend. That would most likely be a wrong thing to do.

Last edited:

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I understand what he's saying.

Kurt irritates me, I love what he's helped us do, I understand he's got talent and he also has a maddening lack of respect for the ball, he always has.

Kurt also is more about Kurt than people generally acknowledge, JMHO.

I'll be glad when we finally get a home grown QB for the Cardinals, I'm no Matt defender, it's possible it will never be him, but whoever it is I want them to think of themselves as a Cardinal and I've never felt Kurt does.

Wow...just wow.

We are having the best season we have had in 30+years (or so), we have a MVP candidate at QB, and we are complaining about it?

Petty and thankless.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Wow...just wow.

We are having the best season we have had in 30+years (or so), we have a MVP candidate at QB, and we are complaining about it?

Petty and thankless.

Happy Thanksgiving!

My sentiments exactly. Perfectly said. I find these reactions astonishing...some don't even want the Cards---who haven't won a title since 1975 or hosted a playoff game since 1940---to drink champagne, smoke cigars and don NFC West Champion shirts and hats. Unreal.

To me...to see Kurt Warner (for what he's been through and how far he's come)...to see Anquan Boldin (how about what he's been through and what he's done?)...and all the players and fans revel in this exceptional achievment...

And I want to see Mr. B get doused, want to watch champagne drip from his soggy bow tie...and see his hair all mushed up by Adrian Wilson, a la Jimmy Johnson...that vision will be a dream come true for them, for me and so many of us.

Does anyone really know hard and extremely difficult it is to overcome the perennial loser's stigma? Y'know, the one we fans have suffered through all these years...

To quote Prince..."I am going to party like it's..."

Well, 2008!

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I had to look at this twice. I'm all like, "What did I just react to?".

Sort of like how Pariah reacted last week when he had me confused with my evil twin, CardShark.

(just kidding, CardShark, everyone knows that I'm the evil twin) :D

JTS

Sorry for the confusion my dyslexic friend. I was going to spell out his whole name, but got lazy.

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score
Yeh, Kurt's got a lot of nerve acting like he's the Card fans answer to making the playoffs.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to throw fuel on the fire but...

Bertrand Berry at the Big Red Rage "We lost because of turnovers and field position"

Don't turn the ball over and they win.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn